Looking for any information on the Schreibers (and their descendants) who came from Germany to America on the ship "Charming Nancy" in 1737 and settled in Adams Co., PA.
Here's what I have:
Generation 1: Nickalus (Nicolaus, Nicholaus) Schreiber (Schriver, Shaiber) (unknown) Wife was either Maria Elizabeth or Henrietta Unknown. Nickalus sailed with his family-Elias, Maria Elizabeth, Henretta, Johann Georg, and Philip-from the Frankenthal (then Franconia) section of the Palatinate, Germany on the ship "Charming Nancy" from Rotterdam, Holland, captained by Chas. Stedman and arrived on Oct. 8, 1737. It is speculated that Nickalus was the father of Johann Georg and Philip. The family apparently resided in the vicinity of Philadelphia until about 1760. Recorded information starts about 1760 in Reading Twp., Adams Co., PA (Gettysburg is the County seat). There may have been other children.
1. Philip. Probably abt. 2 years old on arrival in America.
2. Johann Georg
Generation 2: Philip Shriver (unknown) married Mary Magdalin Unknown, possibly Chronister. 8 children. They are recorded as the parents of Johann Georg at the Lower Bermudian Church in Latimer Twp. (next to Reading Twp.) in Adams Co., PA. (Adams County was formed from York County in 1800). The Lower Bermudian Church began about 1745 and housed both Lutheran and Reformed congregations. Philip appears on tax records as a small landowner.
1. Maria Elizabeth (b. Dec. 9, 1760)
2. Johann Nickalus (b. Sept. 3, 1764). Served in the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, enlisting for 1-3 mos. in the Militia as guards at York, PA and rounding up British deserters.
3. Johann Michael (b. Sept. 24, 1766) Served in the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, enlisting for 1-3 mos. in the Militia as guards at York, PA and rounding up British deserters.
4. Hannah Elizabeth (b. Oct. 21, 1768)
5. Heinrich (Henry) (b. Dec. 6, 1770) Married Meile? Named as executor of his father's will.
6. Hester (b. Feb. 5, 1776)
7. Elizabeth (b. Nov. 24, 1780)
8. Johann Georg (b. Sept. 20, 1783)
Generation 3: Johann Georg Shriver (Sept. 20, 1783 - 1813) He married Mary Magdelina Pollock (Jan. 21, 1780 - June 16, 1868). Georg was a blacksmith and small landholder. After Georg died, family tradition contends that Mary moved to Clearcreek Twp., Ashland Co., OH about 1817 with her four young children.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|