I'm looking for the family of Ignatz Schenz and Anna Kizar (Sigel) Schenz. Ignatz was born January 31, 1847, in Steinbach, Baden, Germany, and died October 30, 1916, in Buchtel, Athens Co., OH. He married Anna Sigel July 25, 1870, in New Richmond, Clermont Co., OH. She was born April 7, 1851, in New Richmond, and died July 27, 1934 in Columbus, Franklin Co., OH.
They had the following children:
1. Anna Mary Schenz, b. September 10, 1871, New Richmond, Clermont Co., OH; d. September 23, 1947, Columbus, OH.
2. James Edward Schenz, b. October 1872, Clermont Co., OH; d. 1952; m. Minnie Wetsell (Witzel) August 26, 1899, Athens Co., OH.
3. Theodore Schenz, b. November 1874; d. March 21, 1907, Buchtel, Athens Co., OH.; m. Minnie Mabel Gillis (April 1876 - 1955).
+4. Henry Schenz, b. September 18, 1876; d. December 26, 1943; m. Alice Susan "Tude" Gillis June 17, 1899.
5. John Schenz, b. January 27, 1881; m. Victoria J. House(1881 - 1908); m. Beulah ?.
6. Helena Schenz, b. May 14, 1890; d. June 24, 1890, Buchtel, Athens Co., OH. Note: Died of a cholera infection and burried at Bessimer-Dew Cemetery just north of Buchtel on Conner Road.
Ignatz's brother, Mathias, married Anna Sigel's sister, Elizabeth. Matthias was born 26 Sep 1844 in Baden, Germany and came to the United States with Ignatz in 1864. Two of their sisters and one daughter came to the US with them, but I can't find any info on them (not even their names). They came from a large family of 17 children. In 1883, Ignatz and Anna moved to Athens, Oh. In 1898 they moved to Buchtel, Athens Co., OH and opened a grocery and dry goods store.
Mathias married Elizabeth Sigel in 1870 and they had 11 children, all born in New Richmond, Clermont Co., OH:
1. Emma Schenz, b 10 Jun 18722. Joseph F. Schenz, b 29 Jul 1873
3. Mary Anna Schenz, b 15 Jul 1875
4. Victoria Grace Schenz, b. 2 Nov 1877
5. Magdalena Schenz, b 28 Dec 1879
6. George Leopold Schenz, b 31 Dec 1881
7. William John Schenz, b 10 Mar 1884
8. Amelia Elizabeth Schenz, b 29 Aug 1886
9. Charles John Schenz, b 3 May 1889
10. Albert Mathias Schenz, b 6 Aug 1892
11. Henry Edward Schenz, b 17 Feb 1897
Anna Kizar and Elizabeth's parents were John C. Sigel (April 1800 - Feb 16, 1872) and Gertrude ?Blauser? Sigel (1810 - Sep 25, 1873). Both parents had been previously married and widowed. John had several children by his 1st marriage (names unknown), and Gertrude had 3 children by her 1st marriage (names unknown).
Ignatz and Mathias' parents were Joseph Schenz, b. abt. 1821 in Baden, Germany, and Grace ?, b. abt 1825 in Baden, Germany.
Any info is greatly appreciated!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|