Jacob (Jacobus) Scheffer [Cigar Maker] was born 22 Feb 1874 in Rotsterhaule, Schoterland, Holland. He died 18 Jul 1948 in Bridgeport, Fairfield, Connecticut, at 72 years old and was buried 19 Jul 1948 in Park Cemetery, Bridgeport, Connecticut. He was "legitimized" in Amsterdam in 1896 and in Heerenveen in 1899. In those days it was quite normal for children about 20 years old, to be legitimated, in relation with marriages or heritages. (Philip Scheffer; firstname.lastname@example.org) TRAVELS: He sang light opera with an operetta company. He travelled. He was not a veteran. He separated from his wife when the children were small. IMMIGRATION: came to the U.S. at Boston, Mass. in 1902/1903. OCCUPATIONS: Boxing - He and his sons were involved with Professional Wrestling in Boston, Mass. in the 1920's and 1930's. Cigarmaker: 1920.
Jacob married Grace/Geesje Hildering [Laundry Worker], daughter of Pieter Hildering [Factory Worker] and Saartje Krijt, on 14 Jun 1899 in Amsterdam, Holland. Grace/Geesje was born 19 Oct 1875 in Wormerveer, near Amsterdam, Nord-Holland, Netherlands. She died in Pinehurst, Massachusetts and was buried in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
They had the following children:
1. Frederick Johannes (John) Scheffer [Milkman] was born 8 Mar 1900 in London, England. He died 5 Feb 1971 in Lowell, Middlesex, Massachusetts, at 70 years old and was buried in City of Cambridge Cemetery, Veterans Lot, Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts. OCCUPATIONS: 1927-1931; Driver (Milk Man?) at 158 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA; Milk Man, Whiting's Milk, Charlestown, MA (Milkman for 40 years with 2 companies); Watch-repairman.
Frederick married Sarah May Condinho, daughter of Manuel Condinho and Jacinta da Corceical, on 27 Jun 1925 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts. Sarah was born 16 May 1908 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts. She died 25 Aug 1983 in General Hospital, Lowell, Massachusetts, at 75 years old from She died from cancer of the lung. and was buried in City of Cambridge Cemetery, Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
2. Jacob (Jacobus) Scheffer Jr. [Machinist] was born 16 Aug 1902 in Amsterdam, Nord-Holland, Netherlands. He died 8 Sep 1978 in Somerville, Middlesex, Massachusetts, at 76 years old and was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Malden, Massachusetts. IMMIGRATION: He came to the U.S. from Liverpool, England to Boston, Mass. on the vessel William II or III on May 12, 1903 (left England on May 5, 1903).
Jacob married (1) Alma Blanche Durdle, daughter of Levi Durdle [Ironworker] and Agnes FitzGerald, before 1924 in possibly Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts. The marriage ended in divorce. Alma was born 15 Jan 1900 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts. She died 2 Oct 1965 in Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, at 65 years old from She died from Carcinoma of the lung.
Jacob also married (2) Eleanor T. Keough, daughter of Michael Keough and Annie Cunningham. Eleanor was born 8 Apr 1919. She died 10 Jan 1978 in Somerville Hospital, Somerville, Massachusetts, at 60 years old and was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Malden, Massachusetts.
3. Dirk John Scheffer [Painter] was born 18 Jan 1906 in South Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts. He died 20 Apr 1976 in Woburn/Pinehurst, Massachusetts and was buried in City of Cambridge Cemetery, Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
Dirk married Mildred Sumpter. Mildred was born about 1905.
4. Raymond Scheffer was born about 1908. He died young.
5. Peter ("Pat") Scheffer was born 16 Aug 1909 in Newark, or Nyack, New York. He died about 1970/1971. He, his father, and his brothers were involved with Professional Wrestling in Boston, Mass. in the 1920's and 1930's. Peter was known as the "Masked Marvel" and the "Mysterious Mr. X". Peter married Eunice. The marriage ended in divorce.
6. Margaret ("May") Scheffer was born 13 Dec 1909/1910 in New York, New York. She died in Florida. Margaret married John Booth. The marriage ended in divorce.
Any help with any members of this family, please write to me: email@example.com - thanks!
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|