Robert Dearington (Darrington) m. Ann Rees on April 27, 1775 in the Camden Dist. SC. He died in Sumter Co. on October 11, 1793. They had the following children:
1) Mary Darrington, b. November 7, 1777, d. January 7, 1848, Clarke Co. AL. She married Samuel James, son of John James and Sarah Moore, also from Sumter Co. SC.
2) Ann Prudence (Nancy) Darrington, b. about 1779, d. May 14, 1831. She married James English on March 6, 1799.
3) Thomas Darrington, b. abt. 1780-1781, d. October 15 1813. He married Rebecca James, sister of Samuel James.
4) Eliza Darrington, b. abt. 1783, who died single before 1816, Sumter Co. SC.
5) John Darrington, b. April 29, 1786, Sumter Dist. d. September 12, 1853, in Clarke Co. AL. He married Mrs. Rebecca Hicks.
6) Maria Darrington, b. abt. 1792, m. 1) Jolly Bracey who died before 1816 and 2) William Matheson on March 20, 1820. Were there any children from the marriage of Maria Darrington and Jolly Bracey? She and William Matheson later moved to Clarke Co. AL.
7) Sarah Dearington, b. after October, 1793, m. Robert W. Carter on May 24, 1814 in Sumter Co. SC. Sarah Dearington was born after the death of her father, Robert Dearington. Were there any children from her marriage to Robert W. Carter? Her mother, Ann Rees Darrington later married William Lee and had they had one child, Flora Lee.
Would like to correspond with any descendants of Robert Darrington (Dearington) and Ann Rees. I am a descendant of their daughter Mary Darrington who married Francis Boykin (1785-1839), the son of Burwell Boykin and his first wife Elizabeth Whitaker. Mary Darrington and her husband Francis Boykin moved to Conech Co. AL between 1818 and 1820 and then later to Dallas Co. AL. in the 1830's. I will be glad to share what family information that I have. Charlotte G. Boykin
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|