I think the Sally Corley you're looking for was the daughter of Andrew Peter Corley. Here's what I have on this family:
Andrew Peter Corley, 22 Nov. 1860–18 March 1926, who is presumably the single occupant of household #94 in the 1880 Census. He first married Eliza Catherine M. Schumpert (11 Oct. 1862–23 March 1897), and second Ellen Barbara Sox (5 Jan. 1847–8 May 1917); his third wife was Elizabeth C. Andrew. His first two wives are buried in the Corley Family cemetery (off Hwy 6). He appears in the 1900 Census heading household #49 (Boiling Springs). His children were:
1) Martha Corley, 17 April 1884–10 Aug. 1884, who died as an infant; she is buried beside her parents.
2) Mary Corley, 17 April 1884–14 Jan. 1965, who married Sim P. Miller. Their infant son (7 April 1903) is buried near his grandparents in the Corley cemetery.
3) SALLY Corley, born Sept. 1885, who married James Hall.
4) Anna Elizabeth Corley, born Sept. 1887, who married James Legon Hook (27 Feb. 1891–5 April 1972).
5) Daniel Corley, 22 Oct. 1889–30 Sept. 1899, who died at age ten; he is buried beside his parents.
6) James Isaiah Corley, 12 Dec. 1892–20 Sept. 1948, who married Lydia Elizabeth Hendrix (24 Feb. 1896–25 Jan. 1964).
7) John Dedrick Corley, 1 Aug. 1894–March 1964, who married Jennie Taylor (8 Feb. 1901–May 1979).
8) Henry Franklin Corley, 8 March 1897–Nov. 1966, who married Lizzie Estelle Rikard (8 Oct. 1892–July 1977).
The father of Andrew Peter Corley was Jesse Corley, c1796–after 1881, who first married Rebecca Elizabeth Wingard (died c1840, daughter of John Mathias Wingard and Mary Katherine Arehart) and second on 13 Aug. 1840 he was married by Rev. Godfrey Dreher to Abigail Roland (c1818–c1880). In the 1850 Lexington Census he heads household #1182 which includes his second wife and his younger children; in the 1860 Census the family is household #1448, and in the 1870 Census it is #2092. He is buried in the Price-Corley cemetery on Zenker Road; the tombstone beside him lists "Elizabeth Wingard, wife of Jesse Corley" (no dates).
The father of Jesse Corley was John Frederick Corley (son of Laurence Corley), born before 1768; died Feb. 1845, who first married Jemima Hipp (died c1810), and second c1812 he married Anna Barbara Wingard (born 1771, daughter of George Michael Wingard and Anna Maria Ochs). His name appears on the role of Zion Church on 1800, and he subscribed to the organ fund there in 1804. He was buried by Rev. Godfrey Dreher on 15 Feb. 1845.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|