I need help! Any information about James H. Stalnaker needed. Everything I know about him is here in this post...if you think you can help, please let me know.
James H. Stalnaker was born December 29, 1849 in South Carolina.
He appears on the 1850 Census in Edgefield, South Carolina with his sister, Susan F. Stalnaker...Also with Mary Ann Stalnaker, age 20, who I am assuming is their mother. No male is listed in the household. There are several other Stalnaker households listed before and after them on this census, but I cannot find the connection.
James married Amanda C. (Price?) on October 3, 1875 in South Carolina. I am fairly certain Amanda was a price but have no proof. Amanda was born December 7, 1859 according to her grave stone.
James and Amanda had 6 children, all of which were girls:
* Ada Lee, born August 7, 1877 in South Carolina
* Lula, born May 17, 1879 in South Carolina
* Emmie, born December 17, 1881 in Cass County, Texas
* Nettie P., born September 14, 1884 in Cass County, Texas, died October 2, 1885
* Georgia Ann, born March 20, 1887 in Cass County, Texas
* Amanda L., born February 23, 1891 in Cass County, Texas, died July 22, 1891
Amanda died on March 4, 1891, shortly after the last child was born.
James and Amanda moved to Texas approx. 1880. I find him again on the 1900 census in Cass County, Texas with Lula and Georgia, the other 2 girls had married by this time.
James was my 2nd great-grandfather. According to what I have been told, he never talked about where he came from.
James and Amanda's daughter, Georgia, married Thomas Allen Dalrymple. Georgia and Tom were the parents of my grandfather, James David Dalrymple, as well as a daughter, Hazle Jean.
James H. Stalnaker died June 7, 1938 in Cass County, Texas. He is burried next to Amanda at Lanier Friendship Baptist Church Cemetery in the Lanier Community north of Linden on Highway 59 in Cass County, Texas. Several of their children are burried in the same cemetery.
* Ada Lee married Elijah Newton Cromer in 1893. Elijah is burried in the Laws Chapel Cemetery located in Atlanta, Cass County, Texas. Ada died February 25, 1934 in Sulphur Springs, Hopkins County, Texas. I am unsure on her burial place.
* Lula married James T. McKinney in 1904. They are burried in Turkey Creek Cemetery, located between Avinger and Hughes Springs in Cass County, Texas.
* Emmie married 1st, John S. Perser, and 2nd, Ben Latham. John Perser and Emmie Perser Latham are burried at Lanier Friendship Baptist Church Cemetery.
* Nettie P. died when she was only a year old and is buried at Lanier Friendship Baptist Church Cemetery.
* Georgia Ann married Thomas Allen Dalrymple. They are both buried at Bear Creek Baptist Church Cemetery in the Bear Creek Community located between Linden and Avinger in Cass County, Texas.
* Amanda L. died at about 4 months old and is buried at Lanier Friendship Baptist Church Cemetery.
***** most of what is listed from here to the end is a product of my guess work, but it may help *****
My grandfather gave me several interesting items including several promissory notes, deeds, marriage licenses, and other things. Included in this stuff was a 'notebook' that belonged to his father, Tom.
Tom's notebook listed sales, accounts which carried balances, weather conditions, and a list of birth and death dates for many Price's (D.S. (David Sloan) and Rankin are two of which come to mind at the moment - not common names). After researching the Price names listed in Tom's book and accidentally stumbling across a Price line who lent me their research, I found many of the names listed in the book.
Many of the names mentioned in the household of John Price who I found on the 1870 census in Edgefield, South Carolina. John was 66 living with a Frances Price, age 39 and many children, including an Amanda who was 14
When James moved to Texas from South Carolina, a Polly Ann ? moved here along with them...Polly Ann - Mary Ann...wasn't Polly a nickname for Mary? Was this his mother?
James & Amanda are burried in a cemetery located in Cass County, Texas with a BUNCH or Price's, which include a John G. & Polly Ann Price.
Was this Polly Ann Price his mother? Did his mother move here with the same John Price as was on the 1870 census with the same names as listed in Tom's notebook? The names such as David Sloan (D.S.) and Rankin are not common names, so they have to be the same people. Also, on the 1870 census, Rankin was born within the year and his birth month is listed as October along with a twin brother, Albert. The dates coincide with Tom's dates. They have to be the same people - but HOW DO THEY ALL TIE IN TOGETHER?
I know that this is a very long post, however I want to include anything that may help.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|