This couple met on a ship coming over from the British Isles. The ship arrived in South Carolina around 1772. They had their children there, and Joseph P. died there 9 Oct 1810 in the Pendleton District, Anderson County.
Mary then moved with her sons, Robert and Ransom, to Muscadine, Cleburne County, AL. She died there in 1849 and is buried in Campgrounds Cemetery in Muscadine.
I would love to have any information on where these two came from before arriving in America. I have heard that Joseph came from England, while Mary came from Scotland. I need exact locations, and does anyone have any parental information or stories to share? Furthermore, this goes pretty far back, so let me list their children, so you can see if you are tied into the Thompson family ('+' means married to):
1) Robert + Eleanor DALRYMPLE
2) Ransom T. + Ann G. DALRYMPLE (my direct line)
3) Elizabeth "Betsty" + Thomas GARNER
4) Nancy + 1) Isham GREEN 2) Laudwick ORR
5) William + ???
6) Zachariah T. + Charity DUCKWORTH
7) Joseph R. + Mary Katherine HARRIS
8) Rebecca Jane + John L. HUNNICUT
9) John David + Peggy GADDIS
10) Mary Jane "Polly" + Zabud F. DUCKWORTH Sr.
In fact, if anyone has any info to contribute to any of these families, not just the Thompsons, let me know. Thanks! :)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|