My wife is a Saunders and we have traced her ancestors back to the same John Saunders & Alice Cole and her ancestry descends through their son John and then his son James. There are a couple of minor differences in what we have recorded, we have John marrying a Hester Rolfe rather than the Elizabeth Grafton you have. I have copied a couple of generations of our tree for you to compare, and we do have quite a bit more.
Descendants of John SAUNDERS
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN SAUNDERS (HENRY) was born 1572 in Downton Parish, Wiltshire, England, and died July 1670 in Salem, Mass. He married ALICE COLE(S) February 4, 1609/10 in Downton Parish, Wiltsire, England.
Children of JOHN SAUNDERS and ALICE COLE(S) are:
i. JOHN SAUNDERS, b. 1613, Downton Parish, Wiltshire, England;
d. September 28, 1643, Newbury, Mass.
ii. ELIZABETH SAUNDERS, b. 1614;
iii. SARAH SAUNDERS, b. 1616; m. ROBERT PIKE, April 3, 1641.
iv. JOSEPH SAUNDERS, b. 1617.
v. MOSES SAUNDERS, b. 1622.
vi. ALICE SAUNDERS, m. THOMAS EASTMAN, October 21, 1634.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN SAUNDERS (JOHN, HENRY) was born 1613 in Downton Parish, Wiltshire, England, and died September 28, 1643 in Newbury, Mass. He married HESTER ROLFE 1636 in Salem, Mass.
Notes for JOHN SAUNDERS: (from New Englanders in Nova Scotia by Fred E Crowell)
John Saunders, said to be of Scottish ancestry, was born about 1613, and came from England in the ship "Confidence", in 1638 from Melchitt Park, Wiltshire, via Southhampton, with three servants, Roger Eastman, William Cottle and Robert Ring.
He settled in Salisbury, Mass., where he was one of the original grantees. He removed from Salisbury to Newbury, Mass. in 1642.
After the year 1655, Mr Saunders returned to Weeks, Parish of Downton, Wiltshire, England appointing his kinsman, Richard Dole of Newbury as his attorney in America.
His sister, Sarah, who came on the same ship with him, and erroneously listed as his wife, married April 3, 1641 to Mayor Robert Pike.
A note of interest about one of his servants, Roger Eastman, is that a 7th generation direct descendant named George Eastman (b. 12 Jul 1854) was the founder of the Eastman Kodak Company.
Children of JOHN SAUNDERS and HESTER ROLFE are:
3. i. JAMES SAUNDERS, b. 1643, Salisbury, or Haverhill, Mass.; d. December 9, 1721, Haverhill, Mass.
ii. PLUS 9 MORE.
Generation No. 3
3. JAMES4 SAUNDERS (JOHN, JOHN, HENRY) was born 1643 in Salisbury, or Haverhill, Mass., and died December 9, 1721 in Haverhill, Mass. He married (1) SARAH PAGE January 14, 1668/69 in Haverhill, Mass. He married (2) HANNAH TEWKSBURY October 21, 1687 in Haverhill, Mass.
Children of JAMES SAUNDERS and SARAH PAGE are:
i. JAMES5 SAUNDERS, b. 1671.
ii. JOHN SAUNDERS, b. 1672.
iii. SARAH SAUNDERS, b. 1674.
iv. ELIZABETH SAUNDERS, b. 1676.
v. JAMES SAUNDERS, b. 1679.
vi. ARCHIBALD SAUNDERS, b. 1680.
vii. AVERY SAUNDERS, b. 1682.
viii. AVERY (?) SAUNDERS, b. 1683.
Children of JAMES SAUNDERS and HANNAH TEWKSBURY are:
4. ix. HENRY5 SAUNDERS, b. August 6, 1688, Haverhill, Mass; d. Bef. December 14, 1769, Salem, New Hampshire.
x. JACOB SAUNDERS, b. 1689.
xi. ?, b. 1691.
xii. ELIZABETH SAUNDERS, b. 1695.
xiii. JUDITH SAUNDERS, b. 1692.
xiv. NATHANIEL SAUNDERS, b. 1700.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|