Rocco and Costentia born estimated 1860-1870, married possibly St. Joseph Palermo, Moriale, Palermo, Italy. Rocco said to have emigrated to USA, probably 1900-1910. Have checked www.ellisisland.org, but haven't positively identified. Children:
1. Grazia "Grace" b 22 April 1884 was 2nd wife of Guiseppe "Joe" Gambino; on 1820 USC, Jefferson Co., AL; lived AL, W. VA, MI; to Detroit area by 1922.
2. Guiseppe "Joe" Sanfilippo b c1886 Italy married Mary [possibly Gambino]. On the 1920 census, Jefferson Co., AL.
3. Francesco "Frank" Sanfilippo b c1888 Italy married Rose. On 1920 census, Jefferson Co., AL.
4. Salvatore b 6 Apr 1889 Italy md Rosina Amato. Lived Jefferson Co., AL.
5. Lena, [female] no more known.
6. Nikolais [female] no more known.
7. Dominic, b c1896, living in hh of his brother Joe in 1920 (child #2).
Would like to exchange information with anyone. My ancestors have been here "wayback", am trying to help a grandson, but am new to Italian immigration, help most gratefully appreciated. Most families on 1920 USCensus, ED 127, Brookside/Pratt City area are coal miners of Italian descent. Are there any extant records of coal camps, or who may have been recruiting in the Palermo area?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|