Thanks to Cal Sale for submitting evidence that Ann Goode was the wife of Anthony Sale.
For the purpose of clarifying the identity of this Anthony Sale who was married to Ann Goode (and distinguishing him from the Anthony Seale who was married to Ann Bristow), help is sought on the following issues:
1. Cornelius Sale left a will in Essex County Virginia, dated 3 August 1745, and probated 17 March 1746/47, which included the following: “Item. I give and bequeath unto my son Anthony Sale five pounds to be paid at my wife's death.” Dorothea Sale Goodman, Root and Branch of the Sale tree in America, page 13, notes that the Anthony Sale in this 1745 will was thought to have married Ann .... Is the Anthony Sale in this 1745 will the Anthony Sale who married Ann Goode?
2. Anthony Sale appeared in Essex County in connection with his administration of the estate of John Goode on March 15, 1742, March 30, 1743, and May 17, 1743. Anthony Sale is mentioned in the Caroline County Virginia Order Books on the following dates: May 10, 1745, November 9, 1752, November 8, 1753, February 15, 1754, and November 13, 1755. [See John Frederick Dorman, Caroline County Order Books] Anthony Sale is shown as a decedent and Robert Sale as executor in 1763 in Thomas Elliott Campbell, “Colonial Caroline: A history of Caroline County, Virginia.” Was one man responsible for these entries in Essex and Caroline counties over the period 1742 to 1763 and was this the same man who married Ann Goode?
3. The children of Anthony Sale are listed by Dorothea Sale Goodman, in Chapter IV, according to the “Alexander history” as:
1. Thomas Sale
2. John Sale, born December 30, 1730
3. Leonard Sale, born 1732
4. Cornelius LeRoy Sale, born March 29, 1748
5. Anthony Sale
6. Richard Sale
7. Robert Sale
8. Elizabeth Sale
Are the names and dates for the children of Anthony Sale considered accurate? Is Anne Goode the mother of all the children? What were the dates for Ann Goode’s birth and death?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|