Hi, Barry --
Thanks for your further insights and information. They were helpful and as always, have given me food for thought. I have to admit to getting very confused with all these Williams! I have a hard time distinguishing who is who sometimes.
Let me give (in a tiny nutshell) the information I have and let me know if I need to make corrections. I have more information on some of these people but little or no more on some others.
William SALE, the immigrant, wife's name not known. I have three children listed:
1. Anthony born ca. 1659, Essex Co, VA; died 1726, same; and married ca. 1690 to Dorothy HUGHES. I have no information on their children.
2. Elizabeth - no further info.
3. Cornelius born born ca. 1670, Essex Co, VA; died 17 April 1746, St. Ann's Parish, Essex Co, VA; and married Mary SAMUEL about 1690, Essex Co, VA. Mary dau. of Anthony SAMUEL, Sr. & (perhaps) Unknown FOSTER.
Cornelius (#3 above) & Mary SAMUEL.
9 CHILDREN of Cornelius SALE & Mary SAMUEL:
1. William m. Hannah JONES
2. Mary died bet. 1717-1735
3. John died after 17 March 1746
4. Anthony (1700-1781) whose son Cornellius m. Jane DAWSON
5. Cornelius, Jr. m. Martha JONES
6. Thomas m. Molley BROOKE
7. James d. bef. 1745 m. Mary FAVOR
8. Hannah m. Unknown SORRELL
9. Elizabeth m. Unknown FARMER
William SALE, son of William SALE & Hannah JONES (#1 above)
born ca 1725, Essex Co, VA; died 30 Oct. 1788, Wilkes Co, VA; married Nancy Ann (some say)SHELL. [If his birthdate as shown is five years off, he would be right age to be the William who was prisoner on the Forbay.]
13 CHILDREN [GENERATION 4] of William SALE & Nancy Ann [SHELL? (some say)] were:
1. Cornelius m. Sarah "Sally" PARKS & Elizabeth WILLIS
2. Leonard had dau. Nancy who m. Thomas MARTIN & Cornelius SALE, son of Cornelius & Sarah "Sally" PARKS. Nancy's husb. Cornelius m. Hannah SLUDER after Nancy died.
3. Martha Patsy "Patty" m. to Jenkins REYNOLDS & to William ALLEN & to Phillip WILSON &, I think one other time, that husband's name now known.
4. Sarah "Sally" m. Unknown ROBARDS
5. Mary "Molly" m. Henry MARTIN
6. Thomas died after 1800 -- where?
7. John died after 1840; left Wilkes Co, NC between 1787 tax list and 1790 census. Where did he go? Is this the John SALE in Warren Co, NC?
8. Margaret "Peggy" m. John GRANT
9. James died after 1787, no other info except b. ca. 1768 in Essex Co, VA
10. Robert m. Unknown GRAY
11. William b. Wilkes Co, NC; m. Mary Elodea TOWNS????
Or did the William who was son of Cornelius SALE and Sarah "Sally" PARKS marry Mary Elodea TOWNS? Are Mary Elodea TOWNS and Polly TOWNS, both shown by some as married to a William SALE, one and the same person? I've seen people from the line of William SALE and Mary (or Polly??) TOWNS listed in cemeteries in MS, and I believe that family, too, had one or more doctors -- trying to remember, it's been a long time since I've looked at that information. I can dig it out if it's of any interest.
12. Elizabeth m. 1792, Wilkes Co, NC to James ANTHONY
13. Frances m. 1801, Wilkes Co, NC to Phillip HOWARD
It's the fourth generation where my connection will have to found, if there is one. This particular family has seemed most probable to me because of name similarities in the family of my 3rd great grandfather Thomas S. SAYLE. [The "S" is for Samuel, I think, and he had a cousin named Samuel, a doctor). But my connection could be in another branch of the VA/NC family for whom I have no information.
Again, I very much appreciate your help!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|