Amos KING, b 1791 Mass, was the father of seven children. He was married to Elizabeth BACON (b. 1794 Mass) and they are buried side by side in Easton Twp. Cemetery, Ionia, MI. Amos dies first and leaves everything to his wife Elizabeth. Elizabeth BACON King's estate record lists all seven children as her children and heirs.
In the book Centennial History of the Town of Nunda NY 1808-1908 lists the first three children of Amos King by a different mother: Emily RULISON, d/o John Rulison. Amos may have been married briefly to an Emily Rulison, but I have no other documentation to confirm or deny yet. Amos King's Will leaves everything to his wife Elizabeth.
Amos King's children were:
1) Eliza KING, b. 1812 Mass (m. Wesley Ellis),
2) Charles KING, b. 1815 Mass (m. Abigal Walsworth),
3) Henry KING, b. 1820 Mass (m. Clarissa or Lemira),
4) Elmira KING, b. 1821 Mass (m. Jeremiah G. Bush),
5) Nancy KING, b. 1823 Mass, (m. 1. Major Shute, 2. Jesse Drew),
6) Aurilla KING, b. 1827 NY (m. Reuben Reynolds),
7) Roxana KING, b. 1834 NY (m. Wm. Tyler).
All but the eldest two boys, moved from Nunda, Livingston, NY to Michigan in the 1850s-1860's to be near their aging parents.
Most of these children and their children are buried in Ionia County, MI or nearby.
I'd love to be able to confirm or deny the marriage of Amos to Emily Rulison, her death date, and if she was truly the mother of any of the children.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|