Sorry that it took me a few days to get back with you. Dr. Jerome Pasquet was the grandfather to Dr. Jerome Rosson. It does seem odd that Dr. Jerome Rosson would take the same profession as his namesake, but apparently he did. We do have documentation that both were physicians. Dr. Jerome Rosson may have been educated by his grandfather Dr. Jerome Pasquet. But, in early outlines of the Rossons (which was made in the 1950's, and also had many errors) it stated that Dr. Jerome Rosson was educated in England. People did travel back and forth from England and America, but they usually appear in ship logs. At this point we have not been able to find any documentation of Dr. Jerome Rosson on a ship log. He may have, but we have no proof of it. As we know the health industry in this time period was different then they are today. Also here in America, it was different at that time then what it was in England. Dr. Jerome Rosson could have also been educated somewhere up the east coast. Now again, in the early outline it stated that Dr. Jerome Rosson met his wife Rachel in England and that they were married there. Rachel was born in England and her and her family did move to America sometime prior to 1751. So Dr. Jerome Rosson may have been educated in England, met his wife there, married and moved her family back to America when he returned. At this point it's all speculation, and probably we will never know how he recieved his education. So for now, we just have to go on state recorded documentation that says that they were both physicians.
Also of note, Ellen's 2nd. cousin twice removed Dr. Roland Lee Rosson, of Pheonix Arizona fame was a physician as well. He was the gr. gr. grandson of Dr. Jerome Rosson. But Dr. Roland was educated at the University of Virginia Medical School in 1850. Dr. Roland Rosson was a surgeon in the Union and came to Phoenix after the Civil War. Dr. Rosson and fellow physician Dr. Wharton are known as the first recorded surgeons to perform the 1st. hairlip surgery in May 1880 on a 15 year old male.
Here is information I have on Ellen's offspring. I did not research most of the Bailey information, but was passed on to me. I have a little bit more than what I think this site will allow me to post in a posting. So if you need all the information than e-mail me and I will copy and e-mail back to you. Ellen's children were; 1.William, 2. Samuel E., 3. Jesse, 4. Strawther/Strader "Strother", 5. Owen, and 6. Eleander "Ellen."
1. William Bailey was born on October 2, 1819 in Augusta County, Virginia. He died on April 25, 1901 in Beaver Creek, Greene County, Ohio. William married Jane Bailey on September 12, 1848 in Page, Virginia. He married 2nd. to Sarah E Ferrell on July 4, 1853 in Rockingham, Virginia. Sarah was born on May 10, 1834 in Rockingham, Virginia and she died on April 18, 1906 in Beaver Creek, Greene County, Ohio. They were buried in Mt. Zion Cemetery in Greene County, Ohio.
The children of William Bailey and Jane Bailey.
1.1 John William “Billy” Bailey
1.2 Marion Francis Bailey
The children of William Bailey and Sarah Farrell.
1.3 Thompey E. Bailey
1.4 infant Bailey
1.5 Amelia Elizabeth Bailey
1.6 Lewis Henry Bailey
1.7 Francis Marion “Frank” Bailey
1.8 Sarah Ellen Bailey
1.9 Leliah R. Bailey
1.10 Roberta Davis Bailey
2. Samuel E. Bailey was born on October 15, 1820 in
Augusta County, Virginia. He died on October 14, 1903 in Weston, Lewis County, West Virginia. Samuel married Mary Ann Hiney on April 30, 1846 in Gilmer County, Virginia.
She was born on May 30, 1826 in Rockingham County, Virginia and she died on December 31, 1904 in Weston, Lewis County, West Virginia. They were buried in Gee Lick Cemetery in Weston, West Virginia.
The children of Samuel E. Bailey and Mary Ann Hiney.
2.1 John William Bailey
2.2 Elizabeth Ellen Bailey
2.3 James Robert Bailey
2.4 Benjamin Franklin Bailey
2.5 Peter Smith Bailey
2.6 Samuel Winchester Bailey
2.7 Jacob Averl Bailey
2.8 Martha Jane Bailey
2.9 Cincannatus D. Bailey
2.10 Delilia Anne Bailey
3. Jesse Bailey was born in 1823 in Culpepper County, Virginia.
4. Strawther/Strader “Strother’ Bailey was born in 1825 in Culpepper County, Virginia. He married 1st. to Amelia V. Cornwell on October 30, 1855 in Rappahannock County, Virginia. She was born in 1839 in Rappahannock County, Virginia. He married 2nd. to Elizabeth Amelia Abbott on July 11, 1867 in Page County, Virginia, she was born about 1831 in Page County, Virginia. At this time I do not know if Strother and Elizabeth were cousins.
The children of Strother Bailey and ?.
4.1 Mary Elizabeth "Mollie" Bailey
5. Owen Bailey was born in 1828 in Culepper County, Virginia and he died on February 15, 1905 in Rileyville, Page County, Virginia. He married Judith Ann Kendall on August 3, 1851 in Page, Virginia.
The children of Owen Bailey and Judith Ann Kendall.
5.1 infant Bailey
5.2 James William Bailey
5.3 Ellen C. Bailey
5.4 Martha Bell Bailey
5.5 Mary F. Bailey
5.6 baby Bailey
6. Eleander “Ellen” Bailey was born in 1830 in Page County, Virginia.
I hope this helps, let me know if you need more.
Sincerely, Scott Williams.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|