I appear to have lost your last message where you asked me about James Franck Rolleston. I can respond to that, but don't remember what else you asked. Would you copy the message again to my email?:
Here is the lineage of James Franck R and the main Irish branch:
1. William Rolleston, lord of Rolleston in Staffordshire, 1547-1593.
2. Arthur Rolleston, 1580-1670, went to Ireland in 1610, younger brother of Gilbert R, last lord of Rolleston.
3. Francis Rolleston, ?-1690, was at co. Kilkenny by 1683.
4. Arthur Rolleston, 1663/4-1720, resided at Tomlough.
5. Francis Rolleston, 1700-1779, married Frances Everingham, adopted d/o Capt James Franck of Franckfort, sister & heiress of James Franck, his son. She brought Franckfort castle to the Rollestons in marriage.
6. James Franck Rolleston, 1742-1800, married his cousin Eleanor Rolleston, married secondly Jane Bagge, who had issue:
7. James Franck Rolleston, 1767-1826, died without issue. Made his nephew his heir.
8. James Franck Rolleston, 1806-1875, s/o Charles Rolleston, succeeded his uncle at Franckfort, married Georgina Bland.
9. Charles Franck Rolleston, 1833-1913, married Mary Hutchinson.
10. James Henry Franck Rolleston, 1873-1951, unmarried. Succeeded by his 2nd cousin.
11. Arthur George Rolleston, 1883-1968, 2nd son of Thomas William Rolleston the Irish writer and poet, succeeded his 2nd cousin at Franckfort.
I am unsure of the succession after Arthur. There are a large number of descendants of the family in Ireland and England and overseas.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|