Roemer Family Genealogy Forum
Herman ROEMER, his wife Christine WIEGELMANN ROEMER and family left Westphalia, Germany area and arrived in New Your in July 1852. They lived in Troy and Buffalo until 1853, then moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
I've posted my file on the Roemers below. Somebody must see some sort of connection... I hope! All the children of Herman and Christine do move to Appleton with them, but I don't know where any moved other than the direct line.
Descendants of Herman Roemer
Generation No. 1
1. HERMAN1 ROEMER was born in Germany, and died November 1878 in Appleton, Outagamie Co., Wisc. He married CHRISTINE WIEGELMANN in Germany.
Notes for HERMAN ROEMER:
Emigrated from Westpahlia, Germany, arriving in New York in July 1852. Found work at his trade, shoemaking, in Troy and Buffalo until 1853, when he moved to Wisconsin. Worked in Milwaukee five years, then moved to Appleton, WI. Had five sons and one daughter.
Children of HERMAN ROEMER and CHRISTINE WIEGELMANN are:
i. SON2 ROEMER, b. Bet. 1836 - 1847, Westphalia, Germany.
2. ii. CHRISTIAN ROEMER, b. December 17, 1848, Westphalia, Germany.
3. iii. HENRY ROEMER, b. September 1851, Germany.
4. iv. JOSEPH ROEMER, b. February 1854, Wisconsin.
v. REGINA ROEMER, b. Abt. 1858, Wisconsin.
vi. SON ROEMER, b. Unknown.
Generation No. 2
2. CHRISTIAN2 ROEMER (HERMAN1) was born December 17, 1848 in Westphalia, Germany. He married (1) ROSA WEINSTEIN September 1873 in probably Appleton, daughter of JACOB WEINSTEIN and SABINE. He married (2) IRMINIA SCHWINN October 1887. More About CHRISTIAN ROEMER: occupation: shoemaker, custom shoe shop owner, then newspaper publisher
Children of CHRISTIAN ROEMER and ROSA WEINSTEIN are:
i. RUDOLPH J.3 ROEMER, b. 1874.
5. ii. HERMAN C. ROEMER, b. February 26, 1875, Appleton, Outagamie Co., Wisc; d. April 01, 1936.
6. iii. HENRY E. ROEMER, b. December 1876, Wisconsin.
iv. JOSEPH A. ROEMER, b. August 1878. occupation: compositor
v. LAWRENCE ROEMER, b. September 1882.
vi. LOENIA ROEMER, b. September 1882.
vii. AMIE ROEMER, b. April 1884.
viii. HILDA ROEMER, b. May 1885.
ix. CHILD ROEMER, b. 1886.
Children of CHRISTIAN ROEMER and IRMINIA SCHWINN are:
x. CHRISTIAN L.3 ROEMER, b. December 1889.
xi. MARIE ROEMER, b. September 1891.
xii. JOHN ROEMER, b. March 1892.
xiii. MATHIAS ROEMER, b. December 1894.
xiv. ERMINA ROEMER, b. February 1900.
3. HENRY2 ROEMER (HERMAN1) was born September 1851 in Germany. He married FRANCIS Abt. 1887.
More About HENRY ROEMER: occupation: grocer-1880, ins. agent-1900
Children of HENRY ROEMER and FRANCIS are:
i. EDWARD3 ROEMER, b. January 1889.
ii. LEO ROEMER, b. April 1894.
iii. ELIZABETH ROEMER, b. March 1897.
4. JOSEPH2 ROEMER (HERMAN1) was born February 1854 in Wisconsin. He married MATILDA Abt. 1881.
More About JOSEPH ROEMER: occupation: lawyer
Children of JOSEPH ROEMER and MATILDA are:
i. ELEANOR3 ROEMER, b. October 1884.
ii. LAURA ROEMER, b. April 1886.
iii. ALOOYZ ROEMER, b. August 1888.
iv. ALVAN ROEMER, b. December 1897.
v. AGNES ROEMER, b. December 1898.
Generation No. 3
5. HERMAN C.3 ROEMER (CHRISTIAN2, HERMAN1) was born February 26, 1875 in Appleton, Outagamie Co., Wisc, and died April 01, 1936. He married LAURA LOUISE WALTER November 25, 1897 in Outagamie Co. Wisc.. Occupation: printer at father's newspaper (1900 census)
Children of HERMAN ROEMER and LAURA WALTER are:
i. GEORGE4 ROEMER, b. July 15, 1898, Wisconsin; d. July 04, 1972, Iowa?.
ii. GERTRUDE ROEMER, b. December 08, 1900, Wisconsin.
iii. CELELIA E. ROEMER, b. September 13, 1903, Outagamie Co. Wisc.; d. November 01, 1965, Iowa?.
iv. LAURA R. ROEMER, b. August 16, 1905, Outagamie Co. Wisc.; d. September 21, 1915.
v.. HERMAN J. ROEMER, b. September 11, 1907, Outagamie Co. Wisc.; d. April 20, 1987, Medford, Jackson Co, OR; m. MADLAINE A. TOMASSER. (Obit 10-5-1995 Mail Trib. listed Madlaine as 89 years old.)
vi. DOROTHY ROEMER, b. April 24, 1910; d. May 12, 1910.
7. vii. WALTER FRANK ROEMER, b. June 12, 1913, Wausau, Marathon Co. Wisc.; d. March 18, 1990, Medford, Jackson Co, OR.
viii. ROBERT ROEMER, b. December 31, 1919.
6. HENRY E.3 ROEMER (CHRISTIAN2, HERMAN1) was born December 1876 in Wisconsin. He married ELIZABETH 1899. Occupation: printer at father's newspaper (1900 census)
Child of HENRY ROEMER and ELIZABETH is:
i. ROSA4 ROEMER, b. October 1899.
Generation No. 4
7. WALTER FRANK4 ROEMER (HERMAN C.3, CHRISTIAN2, HERMAN1) was born June 12, 1913 in Wausau, Marathon Co. Wisc., and died March 18, 1990 in Medford, Jackson Co, OR. He married RUTH JANE RAVN, daughter of BJARNE RAVN and MYRTLE FROGNER.
Notes for WALTER FRANK ROEMER:
Enlisted in Army Mar 19, 1942, honorable discharge Sept 24, '45. Served in Normandy, Northern France, Ardennes Rhineland, Central Europe Campaigns and battles. Decorations and citations: European-African-Middle Eastern Theater Ribbon with one Silver Battle Star, Bronze Service Arrowhead, four overseas Service Bars, one Service Stripe, Good Conduct Medal, Bronze Star Medal, Lapel Button Issued ASR Score (s Sep 45) 96, *Dist Unit Badge GO 4 WD 45 with 1st Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster, American Theater Ribbon. Attended chemical warfare and parachute jump schools.
Children of WALTER ROEMER and RUTH RAVN are:
i. STEVEN JAMES ROEMER
ii. CHRISS MICHAEL ROEMER
iii. DAVID RAVN ROEMER