In a 1933 typescript publication entitled "Lineages of Some Early Hillsdale County Families," compiled and indexed by Vivian Lyon Moore, one finds the following descendancy from George ROBARDS and Temperance MONROE:
George ROBARDS, b. 22 Jul 1794, d. 16 Sep 1845
m. abt. 1815
Temperance MONROE, b. 11 Feb 1794 NY, d. 6 Nov 1863
[Note:] both are buried in Mt. Hope Cem., Litchfield, Hillsdale Co., MI
1. George Thompson ROBARDS (1817 NY-1883 MN) m. Miriam SAVAGE
2. Mary J. ROBARDS (1822 NY-1900 MI) m. Elisha E. Murray
3. Dorleska ROBARDS (1824 NY-1904 MI) m. Silas Canfield
4. James Nelson ROBARDS (1831 MI-1912 MI) m(1) Sep 1855 Kate HARTMAN (div. 1873)
m(2) Mary TERWILLIGER
5. John M. ROBARDS (1832 MI-?) m. Sara -?-
Children of James Nelson ROBARDS and Kate HARTMAN:
1. Frank P. ROBARDS (1857 IA-1940 MI) m(1)abt 1881 Elizabeth LOOMIS (1863 MI-1938 MI) (div.)
2. Child d.y.
Children of Frank P. ROBARDS and Elizabeth LOOMIS:
1. Rolla ROBARDS (1883 MI- ?) m William Prideaux
2. Frank P. ROBARDS (1886 MI-1905)
3. Jason ROBARDS (b.d.unk.) m. Maxine Agnes -?-
[Note:] #3 Jason ROBARDS is the father of Jason ROBARDS, who died recently.
Perhaps this information will help ROBARDS researchers untangle Jason ROBARDS' ancestry. Vivian Lyon Moore was apparently a resident of Hillsdale County and states she had firsthand knowledge of the lineages she included in the publication and used other family members' as sources as well.
D. R. Hooker
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|