Richmond Family Genealogy Forum
RICHMOND FAMILY HISTORY
COUNTY TENNESSEE-----AND THE DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
John Richmond, the first of the family came from Scotland and settled in Mecklenburg County Virginia. He later moved to Cassville Co. North Carolina.
John's son William Richmond(1725 Va.--?? N.C.) married Agnes Saunders in 1753. He was a soldier in th Virginia Troops according to The Virginia Revolutionary Soldiers Vol. 8, page 373. They had at least nine children:
1. John Richmond born 1755
2. Thomas Richmond born
3. William Richmond born
4. Adams Richmond born
5. Daniel Richmond born
6. Mary Richmond born
7. Sallie Richmond born
8. Annie Richmond born
9. Samuel Richmond born
John Richmond II was born in 1755 in North Carolina and died in 1841 in Casswell Co. N.C..
He married Mary Cressie 5 Feb 1802 in Caswell Co. N. Carolina. He was a Ptv. in Blunt's Co. 10th Regiment during the Revolutionary War according to the N.C. state records p. 1149, Vol. 16....
They had at least two children:
1. James Richmond married ?? Bomanon 10 Nov 1802
2. John Richmond married Betsy Stephens 31 July 1821
John Richmond born probably in South Carolina in 1759 died after 1790 in Camden District South Carolina. He married in 1780 to Julia Paden born 1760 and died after 1790 in Camden S.C.....
He furnished supplies and served as a Ptv. during the Revolutionary War according to Vol. Y-Z, p.139, and Vol. Q, p.299 (sub-entries to Indents for Revolutionary Claims by Salley 1781).
They had at least five children:
1. John Richmond born 1781 married Jane McCann
2. Robert Richmond born
3. James Richmond born
4. Andrew Richmond born
5. a daughter ????
DAR PATRIOT INDEX -- CENTENNIAL EDITON part 3, pages 2462-2463
1. John Richmond b. 1749 NC d. Oct. 1841 NC 1m. ---McCracken 2m. Mary Currie Pvt. NC
2. John Richmond b.1759 SC d. 1812 Tenn. 1m.--- Harper 2m. ---Waugh Pvt. PS SC
3. William Richmond b.1730 VA d. Oct 1832 NC m. Agnes Saunders Sol. VA.
4. William Richmond b.1752 d. 1840 VA 1m. Mary--- 2m. Margaret Bragg
3m. Rebecca Adkins PNSR Pvt. VA
5. James Richmond b. 1752 d. 1 June 1844 Tenn. m. Mary Donaldson Pvt. NC
MISSISSIPPI ANCESTORS OF DAR.
Gideon Richmond Pvt. 1735-1801 Mass. m. Hannah ??? 1760 Children:
1. Alice Richmond m. Joseph B. Clark
2. Abiashis Richmond m. Jrinuia Barrett
3. Hannah Richmond m. Nirum Mallory
4. Elkauah Richmond m. Polly Stevens
5. Otis Richmond m. Hannah Warren
6. Polly Richmond
7.Cyrus Richmond m. Elizabeth Panish
8. Edmund Richmond m. Rush Learning
Desc. Mrs. Juanita Morris CAMPBELL, Mrs. Blanche McLelland MORRIS
John Richmond Pvt. 1758-1832 N.C. 1m.---Mc Cracken 2m. Mary Currie 1802 Children:
1. James Richmond m. Betty Boman
2. John Richmond m. Elizabeth Stevens
Desc. Mrs. Hazel Smith CRAIG, Mrs. Warrene Buford IVY
William Richmond Pvt. 1740-1832 Virginia m. Agnes Saunders Children:
1. John Richmond 1m. Miss Leat 2m. Judith Clay
2. William Richmond m. Miss Woods
3. Adam Richmond 1m. Sallie Jones 2m. Matilda Allen
4. Daniel Richmond m. Nancy Elizabeth Comer
5. Sallie Richmond m. Mr. Rice
6. Annie Richmond
7. Robert Richmond
8. Mary Richmond m. Mr. Carney
Desc. Mrs. Lula Malone GREGORY, Mrs. Mary George HOLLOWAY, Mrs. Irene Richmond SHANNON
MISSISSIPPI REVOLUTIONARY SOLDIERS pg. 79
James Richmond married 11 Oct. 1827 Margaret ??? b. 24 Nov. 1793 d. 15 Apr 1851-- children:
1. John Richmond
2. Lucinda Richmond m. Seborn P. Shope
3. William Richmond
Andrew, Thomas, John and James must have decided to make the big move to Mississippi together. The Amite County records show Andrew residing there in 1816, so he must have stayed to start establishing the family holdings. John and James are shown on the 1820 White County Tennessee Census reports and must have moved south about then. According to that report James had 3 boys under age ten. John is shown as having 1 boy age 10-16, 2 girls age 10-16 and 3 girls age 16-26. John is also shown as owning 11 slaves, while a William Richmond also has 11 slaves.
Wilson County Tenn. marriages
1. Mary Richmond married John Edwards 25 Nov 1819
2. Sally Richmond married Dandridge Moss 22 Sept 1821
3. Sally Richmond married Howell Tarver 19 Jan 1822
4. Danie Richmond married Mary Bond 26 Jan 1828
Sumner County Tenn. marriages
1. Cathy Richmond married William Graves 9 Apr 1811
2. Betsy Richmond married Benjamin Grissum 16 Nov 1812
3. James Richmond married Elizabeth Henry 22 Nov 1821
4. John Richmond married Sally Mandrell 29 Oct 1827
5. Racheal Richmond married Michael Graves 17 July 1828
6. John Richmond married Martha Carter 4 Jun 1835
7. George Richmond was a Marriage Bondsman in 1812
8. R. Heath Richmond was a Marriage Bondsman in 1849
1850 JACKSON COUNTY TENNESSEE census
Robert Richmond b. 1781 S.C.
Louisa Richmond b. 1786 N.C.
R.F. Richmond b. 1817 Tenn.
Amanda b. 1822 Tenn.
Viturian b. 1842 Tenn.
Mary J. b. 1844 Tenn.
Martha b. 1846 Tenn.
Napoleon B. b. 1848 Tenn.
Henry Richmond b. 1811 Tenn.
Margaret b. 1817 Tenn.
Julia J. b. 1834 Tenn.
Ann M. b. 1840 Tenn.
Elizabeth L. b. 1842 Tenn.
Hanah D. b. 1844 Tenn.
Leonerona A. b. 1847 Tenn.
John b. 1849 Tenn.
John W. Richmond b. 1816 Tenn.
Delila b. 1820 Tenn.
William H. b. 1840 Tenn.
James b. 1842 Tenn.
Mary J. b. 1844 Tenn.
John b. 1846 Tenn.
George b. 1848 Tenn.
John M. Richmond b. 1814 Tenn.
Cynthia b. 1816 Tenn.
Robert F. b. 1836 Tenn.
Martha J. b. 1838 Tenn.
Joseph K. b. 1841 Tenn. & John R. b. 1843 Tenn.
THE WAR OF 1812
According to troop rosters of the War of 1812, there were five Tennessians who bore the name of Richmond and fought to keep the British out of New Orleans (the most important site for control of the western territories).
ALEXANDER P. RICHMOND commissioned officer Ensign of the 17th Regiment of the Tennessee Militia.
ANDREW RICHMOND Pvt. attached to Major General Andrew Jackson through Captain Joseph Kirkpatrick of the Mounted Gunmen.
ISSAC RICHMOND Pvt. attached to Col. Phillip Pitkin through Capt. John Robertson of the Military Infantry.
JOHN RICHMOND Pvt. attached toCol. Edwin Boothe through Capt. John McKaney of the East Tennessee Militia.
THOMAS W. RICHMOND Pvt. attached to Lt. Col. George H. Nixon's Regiment of the Mississippi Infantry.
These men saw action in the Creek Indian Wars prior to their arrival in New Orleans according to official War Records of Major General Andrew Jackson through the United States Military Archives.
Although the battle of New Orleans was officially fought after the close of the War, it played an important part in the negotiations of the peace treaty. It was not only one of the few victories for the newly formed nation, but was a complete route of the invading British Army and resulted in the death of one of England's most able commanders General Packingham. The combined forces of the American Militia and frontiersmen, two companies of free men of color and the forces of former Pirate Jean Lafitte proved once and for all that America was becoming a world power .
RICHMONDS OF MISSISSIPPI
According to Dorothy Kratzer, a descendent of Robert Gideon Richmond. the Richmonds who were in Louisiana at the time of the Civil War were a family group who moved to Amite County Mississippi after the War of 1812. They had apparently, traveled here with the Tennessee Volunteers and liked the country and weather . The Battle of New Orleans was fought in Janurary in extremely mild weather.
Undoubtedly this appealed to the Tennessians, for they show up in records of several styles during the 1820's in and around southern Mississippi. From there they moved into several areas of Louisiana, including Morehouse , Ouachita , Caldwell , Catahoula, Calcasieu, Winn and St. Landry Parishes.
There are no Richmonds listed on the Louisiana Census Records prior to 1840. There are however, many records of the Richmonds in Amite County. Here is where they first settled after leaving Tennessee , selecting the hill country north of Lake Ponchatrain and New Orleans.
THOMAS W. RICHMOND
Thomas W, Richmond served in the War of 1812 in Lt. Col. George H. Mixon's Regiment of Mississippi Militia. His wife Sarah was born in 1796 according to the Census of 1850. At that time she was listed as Mrs. Thomas Richmond and was shown living in the household of Melodius Richmond and his children, one of whom was also named Sarah. Sarah the junior was born in 1834 and married Richard Burt. The elder Sarah Richmond continued to reside with her granddaughter and name sake, Sarah Richmond Burt and is shown on the 1860 Census Records of Calcasieu Parish.
The Census Record of 1840 does not contain enough information to determine which children belong to whom. Our lineage, Robert Richmond's household is shown as having 1 female 30 to 40 years old (assumed to be wife Sarah Wilson) , 1 female under age 5 (probably daughter Margaret Richmond),
1 female 6 to 10 years of age (may have been Thomas and Sarah's child Sarah), 1 male 6 to 10 years old ( assumed to be John C. Richmond), 3 males 10 to 15 years of age ( two of which are probably Robert Harmon and Marion J. Richmond -- but the other is not yet identified-- it may have been Jonathon Richmond, he married Chelly Smith in Caldwell Parish in 1838 and his mother Sarah had to sign for him, I think this was Thomas' wife Sarah of the War of 1812 fame.) and last of all 1 female 15 to 20 years old (not identified-- may have been Jonathon,s wife Chelly Smith).
Samuel Richmond, who also resided in Ouachita Parish, is shown on the 1840 Census as having 1 male and 1 female in the 0 to 5 year old bracket (the girl was probably Harriet, the boy could not be easily identified), the others listed 2 males and 1 female 30 to 40 years old ( Samuel and his wife and an unidentified male).
William Richmond, of Washington Parish, is shown on the 1840 Census twice but all the data is ident-
ical so it must have been a duplicate by two different census takers. He is shown as having 2 males under age five, 1 female five to ten years old, 2 males ten to fifteen years old, one female 20 to30 years old and one male 30 to 40 . One of the younger boys was probably William L. Richmond shown in 1860 as a 22 yr. old farm manager in Morehouse Parish.
JOHN RICHMOND was born in 1781 in South Carolina. It appears that he moved to Tennessee before his late teens. He served in the Creek Indian Wars and the War of 1812 with the East Tennessee Militia, attached to Colonel Edwin Booth's troop through Captain John McKamey's command. Once in the Gulf States area he decided to settle and there he or a son named John married Lucinda Clay Lea on December 15, 1826 in Amite Co. Mississippi. Lucinda had been born in Tennessee in 1805. From this marriage however sprang six children:
1. John Richmond b. 1831 -- he married Mary Lord b. 1830
a. Mathew Richmond b. 1845
b. Lucinda Richmond b. 1848
2. Elisba W. Richmond b. 1832 -- she married H.M. Wicker on Oct. 10th, 1853.
3. Iverson Green Richmond b. 1835 -- lost an arm in the Civil War, served as 3rd. Lt.
4. Jane Richmond b. 1837-- she married someone named Flanagan
5. Margaret M. Richmond b. 1842
6. Mary B. Richmond b. 1845
John Richmond jr. must have met an untimely end for Mary, Mathew and Lucinda are shown residing with the Lord family in the 1850 Amite Co. Census . Also shown in the Amite County Mississippi Census were Mary's father, the 55 year old Zachary Lord from Georgia--his wife 55 year old Margaret from South Carolina, younger sister Elisabeth E. Lord age 12 and brother Absolum E. Lord age 15. The Lords' are shown as owning a Tavern and Inn in Amite County since June of 1821.
Elisba W. Richmond Wicker was born May 28th of 1832 and died on March 20th of 1932. Her husband H.M. Wicker was born March 11th of 1825 and died Feburary 14th of 1904. Both are buried at the Whittington/Whitehead Cemetary of Amite County Mississippi.
Iverson Green. Richmond was born April 3rd of 1835, he was a 3rd. Lt. for the Amite County Guards Co. B. in the Civil War and lost one arm in battle. I don't know whether he ever married or not, but he died Janurary 11th, 1894 at the age of 59. He was buried in lthe Zacharian Lea Cemetary in Amite County and can be counted among its honored dead.
Jane Richmond was born Feburary 14th, 1838. Her tombstone shows her last name as Flanagan. She died March 3rd, 1914 and is buried in Gloster Cemetary in Amite County Mississippi. Her epitaph says daughter of John and Lucinda Richmond of South Carolina and Tennessee.
JAMES RICHMOND was listed as a resident of Amite County Mississippi in 1816. Since I could find no record of him fighting in the War of 1812, we must assume he came south with John. He married Margaret Dickey on October 11th, 1827. In the 1830 Census they are shown as having one male child under age 10.
By 1833 James had died. John Richmond is shown as the estate administer in Orphans Court Records for James' son William Richmond. This would indicate that whatever happened to James also befell his wife Margaret.. Lucinda and her husband Seborn P. Shope requested guardianship of the heir and property of the deceased. Since John is shown as executor, it may be assumed that he is a close relative even father/son from John's first marriage. The Amite County records indicate that James and Hugh Bennett (Hugh was married to Eliza Richmond, who after his death married W. C. Whitaker on March 22nd, 1838) acted as property inventories in several estate settlements, and that James owned substantial holding of his own.
WILLIAM RICHMOND did well in his own right. By 1839, he was able to purchase land from the Union Bank of Amite as shown in Book I page 4--722 of the County Records. In 1853, he expanded his holdings by purchasing land from Elijah L. Tarver--Book I page 8--337. Elijah was the older brother of William's wife Elizabeth Ann Tarver Richmond whom he married on May 11th, 1836 in Amite Co. Miss. After William's death, Elizabeth married William Sasser in March 29th, 1864. In 1840, William is shown to be living in Washington Parish Louisiana.At this time they had two boys under age five, one girl age five to ten, and two boys age 15 to 20 living in their home. One of the boys is most likely William L. Richmond shown in 1860 as a Mississippi born Farm Manager in Morehouse Parish . He enlisted as Pvt. Co. C., 13th Battn. La. (Partisian Rangers) during the Civil War. William L. was 22 when he enlisted making his birth 1838.
In all William and Elisabeth had seven children as shown in the 1850 Catahoula Parish Census.
1. Melissa Richmond b. 1836
2. William L. Richmond b. 1838
3. Jane Richmond b. 1839
4. Elisabeth Richmond b. 1844
5. Priscilla Richmond b. 1845
6. Ellen Richmond b. 1846
7. Lucinda Richmond b. 1848
The family groupings are still unclear for the early Richmonds of Louisiana , Mississippi and Texas but these all appear to be sons and daughters of John, James, Andrew and Thomas who came from Tennessee.
Jane Richmond b. 1800
Frank Richmond b. 1802
Margaret Richmond b. 1803
. Robert Richmond b. 1805
John Richmond b. 1805
James Richmond b. 1808
Samuel G. Richmond b. 1812
William Richmond b. 1815
Jonathon Richmond b. 1816
Robert Gideon Richmond b. 1820
John Richmond b. 1820
MARGARET RICHMOND married John Dickerson on march 19th, 1818. On Feburary 5th, 1835 she again married, this time to Zacheus Lord.
1816 PIKE COUNTY MISS. CENSUS
Thomas Richmond -- 1male over 21 & 1 female over 21
Andrew Richmond -- 1 male over 21, 4 males under 21, 1 female over 21 & 1 female under 21
1820 PIKE COUNTY MISS. CENSUS
Andrew Richmond -- 3 males under 10, 2 males 10-16, 1 male 26-45, 1 male over 45
1 female under 10, 1 female over 45
John Richmond -- 1 male over 45 & 1 female over 45
1825 TAX LIST PIKE CO. MISS.
Thomas Richmond $0.75
Andrew Richmond 320 acres $1.86
William Richmond $0.75
1835 TAX LIST PIKE CO. MISS.
Andrew Richmond 240 acres value at $480.00 on Bogue Chitta
1843 TAX LIST PIKE CO. MISS.
20 JUNE 1846 MISS. NEWSPAPER OBIT.
Died near Tallaloosa, Marshall County, on the 1st of June 1846, Thomas Richmond, in the 38th year of his life. The deceased united himself 15 years ago when a resident of Caswell County North Carolina, to the Methodist Episcopal Church. Thomas died at the residence of his father Daniel Richmond.
1850 CENSUS RECORDS MISSISSIPPI AND LOUISIANA
OCTOBER 1850 AMITE CO. MISS.
Mary Richmond born 1930 John Richmond born 1831 Matthew Richmond born 1845 Elista W. Richmond born 1832 Lucinda Richmond born 1848 Iverson G. Richmond born 1835
Jane Richmond born 1837
Margaret M. born 1842
Mary B. Richmond born 1845
Lucinda Richmond born 1805
SEPTEMBER 1850 CATAHOULA PARISH LOUISIANA
William Richmond born 1815
Elizabeth Richmond born 1825 (probably a 2nd marriage)
Melissa Richmond born 1837
Jane Richmond born 1839
Elizabeth Richmond born 1844
Pricilla Richmond born 1845
Ellen Richmond born 1846
Lucinda Richmond born 1848
OCTOBER 1850 OUACHITA PARISH LOUISIANA
Frank Richmond b. 1802 Robert Richmond b. 1805
Allen Richmond b. 1834 Sarah Wilson Richmond b. 1804 Ann Richmond b. 1836 William H. Richmond b. 1827 Lucinda Richmond b. 1839 Marion J. Richmond b. 1829 Elijah Richmond b. 1844 John C. Richmond b. 1835 Caroline Richmond b. 1846 Margaret Richmond b. 1838
Jesse W. Richmond b. 1846
3. Samuel G. Richmond b. 1812
Carmelite Richmond b. 1813
Harriet Elizabeth Richmond b. 1840
Francis (a male) Richmond b. 1842
Caroline Richmond b. 1844
Thomas Scarborough b. 1848
SEPTEMBER 1850 BEINVILLE PARISH LOUISIANA
James Richmond born 1808 Melodius Richmond born 1833
Amie Richmond born 1800 Nathaniel Richmond born 1830
Martha Richmond born 1831 Sarah Richmond sr. born 1796
Sarah Jane Richmond b. 1838 Sarah Richmond Burt born 1834
Rachel Richmond born 1847 Richard Burt born 1823
OCTOBER 1850 ST. LANDRY PARISH LOUISIANA
Charles Richmond born 1838
Louisiana Richmond b. 1845 ( both are shown living with Constable Minckles)
OCTOBER 1850 JEFFERSON PARISH LOUISIANA
John Richmond born 1830
L. Richmond born 1837
A. Richmond born 1846
THE 1860 CENSUS RECORDS
1860 CARROLL PARISH LOUISIANA
1. Ann Richmond born 1823
James Richmond born 1841
Edward Richmond born 1848
Emily Richmond born 1852
William I. Richmond b. 1855
Mary E. Richmond b. 18 57
1860 CALCASIEU PARISH LOUISIANA
1. Mrs. Thomas Richmond born 1795 (wife of the War of 1812 veterean)
Richard Burt born 1823
Sarah Richmond Burt born 1834
Lucinda Burt born 1853
Melissa Burt born 1857
John Burt born 1859
2. Jonathon Richmond born 1816
Charity Richmond born 1816
Amanda Richmond born 1842
Caroline Richmond born 1845
David Richmond born 1852
William Richmond born 1857
Mitchell Richmond born 1858
1860 CATAHOULA PARISH LOUISIANA
1. Frnnk Richmond born 1802
Allen Richmond born 1834
Ann Richmond born 1836
Lucinda Richmond born 1839
Eliza Richmond born 1844
Caroline Richmond born 1846
1860 CONCORDIA PARISH LOUISIANA
1. Andrew J. Richmond born 1833 employed as an overseer
1860 MOREHOUSE PARISH LOUISIANA
1. William L. Richmond born 1838 employed as farm manager.
2. Andrew Richmond born 1798 (veterean of the War of 1812)
Mary Richmond born 1800
J.A. Scott Richmond born 1847
1860 OUACHITA PARISH LOUISIANA
1. Harriet Elizabeth Richmond born 1840 (living with the Lasyones--3 people in their 50's)
2. Sarah Wilson Richmond born 1803 (wife of deceased Robert Richmond)
Margaret Richmond McCoy b. 1838
Albert McCoy born 1840
James McCoy born 1859
Jesse W. Richmond born 1846
3. Frank Richmond b. 1841 (4th child of Frank of Catahoula Parish employed as a Riverboat Pilot)
1860 WINN PARISH LOUISIANA
1.Mary Richmond born 1828
Matthew Richmond born 1846
Martha Richmond born 1849
James Richmond born 1852
Elizabeth Jane Richmond Lord b. 1839
Absolom E. Lord born 1842
2. Robert Gideon Richmond born 1820
Louisa Jane Richmond born 1804
Robert Gideon Richmond jr. born 1842
James D. Richmond born 1844
John Richmond born 1846
Sarah E. Richmond born 18 48
William R. Richmond born 1850
Gabriel Richmond born 1851
Jermiah Richmond born 1853
Benjamin Richmond born 1855
Louisa A. Richmond born 1857
Eliza R. Richmond born 1859
1860 ST. LANDRY PARISH LOUISIANA
1. C. M. Richmond born 1838
CIVIL WAR RECORDS
Charles N. Richmond, who was of the St. Landry family--PVT. CO. C. ,6TH LA. INF. enlisted June 4th, 1861 at Camp Moore La.. He was shown on roll until June 1862. He was reduced in rnnk from Corpl. on June 15 of 1862. He was absent from July 1862 til June 1863 he was shown absent because he had been detailed as division teamster. From July 1863 til Oct. 1863 he was again shown in ranks. From Nov. 1863 until Feb. 1864 he was again shown as absent. However this time he was shown as a prisoner of war by the Union from Nov. 1863 til Jan. 1864, at which time he either escaped or was released. He was captured again in March 1864 and held in Rappahannock Virginia until given in a prisoner exchange at Reed Pt. Maryland. He had been transfer from a group held in Washington.-
F. M. Richmond, PVT. CO. E, 17th La. INF. enlisted Sept. 29, 1861 at Camp Moore La.. He was killed in action at Shiloh on April 6th, 1862.
J.A.Scott Richmond of Monteray Louisiana, enlisted March 13, 1861 as PVT. CO. C, 25th La. INF. . He was killed in action at or near Murfreesburo, Tennessee on Dec. 31st, 1862.
James Richmond, PVT. CO. I, 28th Gray's INF. enlisted in March of 1861. He died in the Hospital May 20, 1862 of disease in Yorktown Vitginia.
James D. Richmond of Monroe La.--PVT. CO. I, 28th Gray's INF. . Emlised May 11, 1862. He was taken prisoner by the Union on April 14, 1863 and returned home after the war.
R. Richmond PVT. CO. H, 4th La. Calvary. Shown in the hospital after the battle of Pleasant Hill La. died Nov.26 1864 in the C.S.A. Hospital in Shreveport (the Capitol of Confederate Louisiana)
Robert Gideon Richmond PVT. CO. H. 12th La. INF. enlisted August 13th 1861. (Also known as the Jackson Parish Sharpshooters). He was shown in the Hospital on Oct. 31, 1861. Upon his release he was reassigned as Corpl. CO. I, 28th Gray's INF.. His home as listed on the 28th Gray's papers was Monroe Louisiana.
W.L. Richmond, a resident of Morehouse Parish, enlisted as PVT. CO. C, 13th Battn. La. (Partisian Rangers) He was shown as present in all encounters through 1863 when the co. no longer kept records.
William H. Richmond, also a Monroe resident and older brother to Marion, enlisted Aug. 13th, 1862. PVT. CO. D, 13th Battn. La. (Partisian Rangers). He was appointed as 4th Corpl. in Nov. 1st, 1862. He was shown on roll until the company no longer kept rolls. He died in 1864, but I don't know where or how.
Jesse W. Richmond , younger brother to Marion, enlisted in 1862 at age 16. Pvt. Co. C, 2nd Battn. La. Hvy. Arty. , shows up on the Prisoner of War rolls Divers Co. and unattached regiments for the C.S.A.. He was paroled out to Monroe Louisiana on June 7th, 1865. He was shown as a birth resident of Ouachita Parish Louisiana.
Iverson G. Richmond enlisted in the Amite County Guards CO. B.. He advanced to 3rd Lt., was wounded in battle and lost one arm.
Thomas D. Richmond joined the Holmesville Mississippi Guards CO. E, 33rd Miss. INF.. He was wounded at Peachtree Creek Georgia and spent the rest of the war in convalescent.
MISSISSIPPI CONFEDERATE PENSIONS
1. Augustus Richmond 1916 3rd Ms. Amite Co.
2. Emily E. Richmond w/o T.D. Richmond 1900 33rd Ms. Pike Co.
3. Marion B. Richmond 1922 Harr. Co.
4. Martha Catherine Richmond w/o Andrew Richmond 1900 33Inf. Pano. Co.
5. Recie Richmond w/o Mathew Richmond 1916 42 Ms. Carr. Co.
6. Virginia F. Richmond w/o William Ramsey 1913 9th Ga. Leak. Co.
CONFERERATE BURIAL SITES MISSISSIPPI
1. J.W. Richmond 6th Ms. Inf. 1839-1900 Leak . Co.
2. Iverson G. Richmond 33rd Ms Inf. 1835-1894 Amit. Co.
3. J. W. Richmond 48 Ms. Inf. 1840-1864 Clai. Co.
4. Mathew Richmond 42 Ms. Inf. 1828-1882 Carr. Co.
5. Thomas Richmond 33 Ms. Inf. 1845- 1889 Pike Co.
The population of most of North Louisiana's parishes experienced a sudden decline in the white census rolls from 1865 til 1870. Historian H.B. Bozeman of Winnfield attributes it to the harsh rule of the Union Reconstructionist in Louisiana along with the Carpetbaggers and Scalawags who stole or confiscated the property of the former Confederates and their families.
In his narrative of the period, he states that unto Louisiana was inflicted the harses punishment of all the Southern States. He further states that punishment was a direct result of one Ullyses S. Grant. It seems that this renowned yankee general and later president, at one time was stationed in Natchitoches Louisiana at the United States Army Post just after the Mexican War of 1846 - 1848. Although engaged to a northern sweetie whom he later married, he fell under the spell of one of the lovely Natchitoches belles charms. It is said that he pursued her to great extent, but she found both him and his advances objection-
able. He was fresh from West Point, an Army Lieutenant, and rather brash. He stayed at Camp Salubrity, a temporary camp three miles from Fort Jesup near the Texas border. While here he served under Col. Zachery Taylor. Reportedly he was a regular at the horse race betting circuit where he was known to be a poor gambler. He also paid a local $8.00 a month for the services of a Negro body servant.
According to the source, our illustrous yankee Lieutenant, took up drinking to drown his sorrow over the lost of his southern belle. If so, it stayed with him because he was well known for his drinking. He was even passed over several times for promotion because of it, but President Lincoln was desperate for a commander who could counter Lee, and after several others failed, placed Grant in control.
After the war, Grant is said to have exacted his revenge on Louisiana because of the rebuff the southern miss had given him and vowed that the people of Louisiana would lose their haughty ways.
Years later in his memoirs, President Grant however described his 14 months in Louisiana as very agreeable with a delightful climate and that he had been somewhat of a social favorite among the citizens and planters of the Red River/ Cane River Country, Natchitoches and Grand Encore.
Be that as it may, the Reconstruction Years quickly took everything from many of the families of Louisiana. In their attempt to escape the cruel enforcement of Grant's Rule through Gen. Benjamin F. " Beast" Butler, many looked toward the wilds of West Texas. They abandoned the homes that had not been burned and looted, and the land that the new Negro government along with the Carpetbaggers and Scalawags had confiscated. Many of the soldiers, (husbands, fathers and sons) had not returned home and never would, lying in unmarked graves along some unnamed creek or fields of the south, or in mass graves outside the walls of Union prisoner of War Camps . Some were honored however by the people in whose areas they died and were given a decent burial, but come home they would not. Therefore hundreds of these families,some with just women and children along with those of adjoining parishes headed west over the El Camino Real, (name used for the present U.S. Hwy 84) a trail that covered the southern states from former Spainish Florida to West Texas , Northern Mexico and on to Spainish California. They settled along the route of this highway in places like Pioneer and San Saba. Many called this pilgramage "TEXAS FEVER".
The members of the Richmond and Teston familes moved to an area near Austin and there tried to make new roots. Many died, but some when on to prosper and expand their new families. The family of my distant cousin Dorothy Kratzer is one. Dorothy is a descendent of Robert Gideon Richmond who had resided in Winn Parish Louisiana until the War took nearly everything he had including his eldest son.
ROBERT RICHMOND was born in 1805 in Tennessee. He married Sarah Wilson of South Carolina.They had five children:
1. William Harmon Richmond b. 1827 m. Mary Ann Miles
2. Marion J. Richmond b. 1829 m. Angeline Hebert
3. John C. Richmond b. 1835
4. Margaret Elizabeth Richmond b. 1838 m. Albert McCoy
5. Jesse W. Richmond b. 1846
Robert died in September of 1859. According to the probate filed on Jan.26th, 1861 by his wife Sarah, Robert owned a house on Trenton Street, a 40 acre tract of land south of Monroe, 40 acres southeast of Monroe about ten miles, 480 acres due east of Monroe nearer to the Mississippi River, 1/2 section of land near Waterproof Louisiana and parcels of land in Caldwell and Catahoula Parishes. She also reports he had five minor heirs 1. Margaret Elizabeth Richmond , who became the wife of Albert McCoy (listed in Ted Wood's book as a founding father of the town of Columbia, Louisiana). 2. Lucinda Richmond , who became the wife of Elbert Teston. 3. Jane Richmond , became the wife of Lucien Hebert (for whose family the town of Hebert, La is named) 4. Jesse Richmond, at that time was 15 years old and still considered a minor.
5. Enos, the only son of Marion Richmond, who died in 1857.
At the property on the tract south of Monroe, he was inventoried as having 25 head of cattle, 25 hogs, 8 bee gums (hives), 2 rifles, 1 doublebarrel, 1 saddle, 1 cart, 2 ploughs & gear, and vaious farming utensils.
At the property southeast of Monroe, he was reported to have 14 head of cattle, 1 calf, 6 bee gums, 13 hogs, a rifle gun, and a plough and harness.
The census of 1870, shows Sarah Wilson Richmond living the household of her daughter, Margaret Elizabeth McCoy. It appears that Robert died in debt and the paper work , fees, etc. took most of what he had accumulated.
WILLIAM HARMON RICHMOND
WILLIAM HARMON RICHMOND was born in 1827. He married Mary Ann Miles in 1848. They had three children :
1. Mary Jane Richmond b. 1849
2. Marion Jillman Richmond b. 1849
3. Sarah Jane Richmond b. 1850
According to papers filed in the Caldwell Parish Courthouse, William was at least as successful at acquiring things as his dad. April 20th, 1854 he bought in Sec.36-15-4 39.20 acres of land (file no. 51026). On July 15th, 1856 he acquired a deed to Sec. 6-14-5 (file no. 51233), and then on Dec. 20th, 1858 he got another whole section 6-14-4 (file no. 51493). William's sucession record is also on file in the Courthouse in Columbia. It was filed in 1869 Book E. pg. 377 (file no. 52447). The administor of the sucession was listed as J.F. Ellis.
** William Richmond , Pvt. and later Corpl. Co. D, 13th Battn. La. (Partisan Rangers). Enlisted on August 13th, 1862, Monroe Louisiana and shown on roll until 1863. There were no records shown afterwards of his company. He died in 1864, I'm not sure how or where yet.
MARION J. RICHMOND
MARION J. RICHMOND was born in 1829. He married Angelina "Annie" Hebert on 6 April 1854. Annie was born on 27 Jan. 1839 the daughter of Enos Hebert and Jane Elliot Hebert. Enos Hebert's parents were Antoine Hebert and Eugenia Heberard Hebert. Marion and Annie had one child:
1. Enos Richmond b. 3- - 1856. 1m. Emma Jones 2m. Delia Jones
Marion died in 1857 and Angeline remarried William C. Poole on 28 Nov. 1858. They had seven children:
1. W.C. Poole jr. b. 1859 m. 8-12-1889 Rebecca Francis
2. Edward Washington Poole b.1861 m. 11-8-1888 Laura Bledsoe Brandin
A. John Hardin Poole b.1890 m. 1-15-1911 Nora Boyd
B. Emma M. Poole b. 1894 m. 1918 Perry Girod
C. Foster C. Poole b. 1897 m. Katie Girod
D. Frank Poole b. 12-4-1898 d. 10-2-1959 1m. Minnie Fletcher 2m. Beatrice Peach
E. Bert Ezra Poole b. 1901 1m. Katie Eppinette 2m. Bobbie Briley
F. Laura Myrtle Poole b. 12-7-1908 m. George Maxwell
3. Elizabeth Poole b. 1-22-1864 m. Jacob J. Chadwick
A. Florence Augusta Chadwick b. 7-28-1886 d. 4-30-1965 m. 6-28-1906 John C. Hebert
B. Laura Chadwick b. 1888 d. 1904
C. Alice Chadwick b. 5-?-1891 m. 9-6-1911 David Protho
D. Fannie Chadwick b. 4-16-1893 1m. ? Crowell 2m. ? Roach 3m ? Clement
E. Willie Ray Chadwick b.3-20-1895 m. Vernie Ruth Womack
F. Robert Rhymes Chadwick b. 10-?-1897 m. Della Franklin
G. Harry Wilbur Chadwick b. 1901 d. May 1929 in Oklahoma City Ok..
H. Wilma Chadwick b. 1903 d. 1907
I. Helen Chadwick b. 3-29-1905 m. 4-2-1922 John Wilkerson 4. Annie Poole b. 1-2-1869 m. 5-29-1887 John Martin Tillman
A. Ada Tillman b. 2-?-1888 1m. John Smith 2m. Walter Best
B. Annie Tillman b. 9-?-1890 m. Blackmon Benson
C. Mamie Tillman b. 1-?-1892 m. George Eubanks
D. Gracie Tillman b. 1893 d. 1893
E. Ophelia Tillman b. 8-?-1895 m. Percy Noland
F. Morris C. Tillman b. 8-?-1899 d. 11-9-1983 m. Hattie Ettis Eppinette
5. Rosa Poole b. 1869 m. 6-26-1887 L.W. Deberham
6. Haley Poole b. 4-?-1870
7. Dora Poole b. 11-?-1874 d. 1986 m. Albert Abijah "Bidge" Spruill
8. Johnny Poole b. 1879
ENOS RICHMOND b. March 1856 d. 1912 1m. EMMA JONES b. 1860 d. 1894 --2m. DELIA JONES
1m. 1.Jessie Thomas Richmond b. 11-5-1892 d. 4-5-1974 m. Beadie Taylor b. 1-15-1903.
2. Wylie Richmond b. 1894 d. 1898 buried in the Hebert La. Cemetary.
2m. 1. Charles Edward Richmond b. 11-29-1897 m. Ivy Boyd 6th March , 1924
2. Laura Richmond b. 1900 m. Jessie Williams of Aimwell
3. Lana Richmond (twins) b. 1900 died 1915
4. Beatrice Richmond b. 1902 m. Arthur Poole of Aimwell
5. Katie Richmond b. 1904 m. Frank Poole (Arthur's brother)
6. Floyd Richmond b. 3-10--1905 (never married)
7. Cicero Richmond b. 1907 d. 1932. (fell from the back of a truck)
8. Hebert Aaron Richmond b. 3-6---1909 m. Bertha Mae Boyd on May 12th 1932.
9. Alvin Richmond b. 5--22-1917 m. Bonnie Barnell Rhymses in 1936
10. Jim Richmond b. 3--3--1920 m. Laura Lucille "Josie" Holmes in 1946
12. Dorothy Richmond b. 12-28-1922 1m. Arthur Stapleton 1941 2m. Kermit Thomas 1946
Emma Jones and Enos Richmond were married in Ouachita Parish on May 31st, 1888. Their marriage license is on file at the Ouachita Parish Courthouse in Record Book A, page 103. After Emma death, Enos married her sister Delia Jones. It appears that Emma and Delia's mother also lived with them.
Delia and Enos were married on the 7th of Feb. 1897. I found their original marriage license on file in the Caldwell Parish Court House.
After Enos' death she remarried to Jody Boyd on 16 Janurary, 1929. Their license is also on file in Columbia. She is buried at Fellowship Cemetary near Columbia La..
JESSE THOMAS RICHMOND
JESSE RICHMOND b. 11--5-1892 m. Bedie Agnes Taylor b. 1-15-1903 both are buried at Fellowship cemetary near Columbia. Their marriage license is on file at the Caldwell Parish Court House.
1. Clyde Thomas Richmond b. 7-16-1920 d. 1924 b. Hebert Church Cemetary
2. William Maurice Richmondb.11-29-1922 m. 7-29-1946 Henrietta Holmes b. 12-25-1933
A. Margaret Adele Richmond b. 8- 8-1947 1m. Danny Nugent 2m. 6-22-1979 John McGraw
1. Loretta Lynn Nugent b. 1- 2-1967 1m. Donnie Binkley 2m. James Boothe
a. Andy Binkley b. 8- 3-1982
b. Daniel Binkley b. 8-21-1989
c. Samantha Boothe b. 9- 1-1991
2. Dena Denise Nugent b. 10-19-1969 m. 6-4-1988 Brian Saxon
a. Eric Saxon b. 1-26-1990
b. Morgan Saxon b. 7- 7-1991
c. Clayton Saxon b. 10-12-1992
3. Carla Ruth McGraw b. 5-16-1980
B. Pamela Sue Richmond b.1-28-1949 m.11-5-1966 Vernon B. Sanders
1. Bryon Keith Sanders b. 12- 3- 1967 1m. 10-5-1986 Pam Doffitt 2m.5-15-1988 Lana May
a. Layla Sanders b. 12- 2-1986 (by Pam Doffitt)
b. Aaron Sanders b. 7-20-1992 (by Camille Jordan)
c. Taylor Sanders b. 4- 9-1970 (Lana's by another marriage)
2. Travis Sanders b. 2- 2-1970 m. 3-14-1992 Kim Davis
a. Dakota Sanders b. 3- 5-1994
b. Eli Sanders b. 3- 5-1994
3. Samuel Bernell Sanders b 1-1-1974 m.10-3-1992 Leah Francher
a. Mackenzie Sanders b. 10- 9- 1993
b. Blake Sanders b. 1-28-1997
4. Jesse Maurice "Recee" Sanders b.11-22-1977 m. Rebecca Rachel
a. Claudia Sanders b. 4- 22 -1999
C. William Maurice "Bill" Richmond b. 9-8-1950 m. 7-29-1978 Glynna Garnett
1. Kelly Roxanne Richmond b. 2-11-1981
2. William Matthew Richmond b. 1- 7-1984
D. Timothy Richmond b. 7-31-1952 m. 6-1-1979 Sharon Barnette
1. Jessica Richmond b. 8- 1-1981 m. 8- 7-1998 Jody Hall
a. Tyler Scott Hall b. 2-17 -1999
2. Delia Denise Richmond b. 8-25-1983
3. Seth Timothy Richmond b. 6-18-1987
E. Nancy Jo Richmond b. 5-28-1954 m. 9-10-1972 Wren Crockett
1. Oliver Wren Jr. b. 3-11-1974 m. 6-17-1995 Lydia Broussard
a. Collin Wren Crockett b. 10- 4-1997
2. Robert Allen Crockett b. 11-19-1976
F. Mary Jane Richmond b. 7-10-1954 m. 4-28-1979 Ron Rogers
1. Lucas Duane Rogers b. 3-26-81
2. Thomas Arthur Rogers b. 2-12-1985
3. Charles Elvin Richmond b. 2- 8-1925 1m. 6--4-1944 Ouida Finley 2m. Joyce Mays
A. Elizabeth Ann Richmond b. 4-29-1945 m. 1-20-1968 Gary Mathew Ladner
1. Gary Mathew jr. b. 1- 6- 1968
2. Nancy Victoria b. 3-30-1970
B. Mary Christine Richmond b. 12-20-1948 m. 9-4-1966 Jimmy Nicholson Beard
1. Lisa Beard b.
4. Jessie Mae "Verna Mae" Richmond b. 1-15-28 m. 11-9-46 Jack Dennison
A. Roger Darrell Dennison b. 4-30-1949 m.6-17-1972 Shirley Bailey
1. Ronald Lee" Scooter" Dennison b. 7-2-1972
a. Dalton Dakota Dennison b. 3-31-1995
2. Christopher Scott"Scotty" Dennison b. 3-24-1978
a. Sean Caleb Sheppard Dennison b. 12-24-1993
B. Randy Lane Dennison b. 7-16-1952
C. Dennie Ray Dennison b. 11-14-1954 m. Diane Evans
D. Ann Marie Dennison b. 8-10-1961
5. Gladys Lorraine b. 11-10-1929 m. 2-13-1949 James Daniel McLain
A. Sherrie McLain b. 11-27-1949 m. 7-21-1967 Rube Bates
1. Jamie Bates b. 2-27-1973
2. Vanessa Bates b. 4-31-1978
B. Danny McLain b. 10-15-1954 m. 7-1-1972 Sharon Autry
1. Angela McLain b. 7-11-1973 m. 10-2-93 Brian Bryant
a. Brooke Bryant b. 7-16-1992
b. Brittany Bryant b. 8-17-1994
c. Brian Bryant jr. b. 8-29-1996
2. Brandy McLain b. 8-19-1976 m. 11-13-1995 David Mills
3. Melissa McLain b. 2-2-1979
4. Dennis Mc Lain b. 4-8-1983
5. Brandon McLain b. 1-9-1991
6. Myrtle "Bert" b. 2- 27-1936 m. 4-12-1952 G.J. Sanders
A. Sandra Sanders b. 1-4-1953 m. Ronnie Earl Hicks
1. Jason Hicks b. 5-8-1975
2. Justin Hicks b. 7-17-1978
B. Ronnie Joe Sanders b. 6-19-1954 m. Cheryl Nugent
1. Misty Sanders b. 1-21-1976
2. Samantha Sanders b. 3-31-1979
C. Wanda Sanders b. 12-4-1955 1m. Lynn Breland 2m. 6-27-1992 Charles Morris
1. Kevin Breland b. 5-19-1976
2. April Breland b. 6-4-1980
D. Debbie Sanders b.4-29-1957 m. Yeager Wooldridge
1. Lee Wooldridge b. 7-20-1976
2. James Wooldridge b. 3-25-1979
E. Donna Jean Sanders b. 12-7-1963 .m. Simmons
1. Adam Simmons b. 12-8-1982
2. Jeremy Simmons b. 7-29-1986
F. Theresa Sanders b. 4-19-1966 m. Guy Girod
1. Brandon Girod b. 6-11-1989
2. Tiffany Girod b. 4-5-1997
7. Myrtis "Trickie" b. 2-27-1936 m. 2-24-1953 Cheslie Stapleton
A. Chester Ray Stapleton b. 2-11-1954 m. 6-1-1973 Rhonda Cox
1. Barbie Ann Stapleton b. 4-22-1980 m. Cristian Zanders
2. Michael Joe Stapleton b.10-31-1981
3. Joshua Lee Stapleton b. 2-13-1985
B. Debra Sue Stapleton b. 11-22-1954 d. 11-25-1954
C. Ricky Stapleton b. 10-30-1955 m.3-31-1973 Carolyn Gordy
1. Tim Stapleton b. 4-1-1979 m. 7-19-1998 ?? Thomas
(step-daughter Katlin Thomas)
D. Thomas Earl Stapleton b.11-17-1956 1m.3-22-1975Debbie Milling 2m. 6-4-1983 Ann Mobley
1. Cristy Leanne Stapleton b.7-16-1975 m. 8-8-1996 Chip Mayo
a. Andreanne Mykala Stapleton b.9-8-1997
2. Thomas Nicholas Stapleton b. 11-9-1982
E. Robert Stapleton b. 1-13-1958 m. 12-1-1979 Cheryl Willman
1. Amanda Stapleton b. 12-1-50
2. Laurie Danae Stapleton b. 11-12-1987
CHARLES EDWARD RICHMOND
CHARLIE E. RICHMOND b.11-29-1897 d. 1-17-1982 m 3- 6-1924 Ivy Boyd (12-18-1906~11-28-90)
1. Daisy Richmond b.12-28-1925 1m.Homer Lott 2m Johnny Cubbit
A. James Michael "Mickey" Lott b. 8-14-1943 m. 11-6-1966 Linda Brown
1. Theresa Irene Lott b. 7-4-1967 m. Mike Brooks
a. Krystle Brooks b. 10-14-1985
b. Kody Michael Brooks b.8-24-1989
2. Vicky Michelle Lott b. 9-7-1969 m. Pearl Adams
a. Kasey Lott b. 10-26-1981
b. Kristopher Adams b. 12-3-1995
3. James Michael Lot jr. b. 2-12-1978 m. Renee Hatten
a. Tyr Lott b.
B. Patsy Cubbit b. 1-2-1947 1m. Johnny Dannehl 2m. Mike Shelton
1. Tonya Dannehl b. 8-2-1971
2. Tammy Dannehl b. 10-31-1973 m. Michael Couch b.8-21-1969
a. Michael Couch jr. b. 6-19-1994
b. J.D. Couch b. 11-28-1996
3. John R. Dannehl, II b.9-14-1977 m. Brandy David
C. Larry Cubbit b. 1m. Betty Sue Nelson 2m. Renae Parkerson
1. Clint Cubbit 9-18-1970
a. Neal Cubbit 7-24-1994
b. Lucas Cubbit 2-7-1997
2. Erin Cubbit 10-20-1978
3. Daisy Cubbit 11-8-1983
4. Katie Cubbit 12-6-1985
D. Jerry Cubbit b. 6-5-1950 1m. Elaine 2m. Linda Brown
1. Jerry Cubbit Jr. b.12-6-1973
2. Jonathon Cubbit b. 1-6-1976
3. Tosha Cubbit b. 1-19-1983
E. Johnny Bruce Cubbit b.9-14-1956
F. Amy Cubbit b. 10-16-1957 1m. Paul Bratton 2m. 7-13-1982 Dan Creppell
G. Robert Cubbit b. 5-14-1959 1m. Elaine Gilbert 2m. 3-4-1989 Sandra Saxon
1. Keith Cubbit b. 12-14-1981
2. Stephanie Cubbit b. 9-28-1990
H. Mark Cubbit b. 11-2-1961 m. 11-28-1982 Teresa Eubanks b.8-30-1966
1. Steven Cubbit b. 12-18-1983
2. David Cubbit b. 7-18-1988
I. Joe Cubbit b. 2-4-1966 m. Tracy Thomas
1.Brian Cubbit 6-22-1987
2. Nell Richmond b. 7-5-1927 1m. Jack Hennessey 2m. 5-12-78 Billy Bob Buckley
A. Joey Hennessey
B. John Albert Hennessey b.10-26-1956 m. Katherine Poole b. 11-14-1953
1. Kelley Lauren Hennessey b. 11-5-1981
2. Cristina Hennessey b. 4-22-1986
C. James Hennessey b. 11-1-1961 (never married & no kids)
3. Charles Richmond jr. b. m. 3-31-1953 Rosy Belle Thomas
A. Edward (Eddie)Richmond b. 10-27-1953 m. Darce Walker
1. Edward Richmond jr. b. 7-7-1983
2. Jordyn Richmond b. 2-19-1993
B. Charles Richmond III b.4-3-1955 m. Sharon Adams
1. Charles Richmond IV b.11-18-76
2. Jonathon Richmond b. 8-1-1979
3. Justin Richmond b. 8-10-1981
C. Ronald Dean Richmond b.10-10-56 1m. Pat Cruse 2m. Renee Welch
1. Ashley Richmond b. 5-10-1980
D. Michael "Henry" Richmond b. 11-1-1957 m. Tina Williamson
1. Romona Belle Richmond b. 1-5-1987
2. Brooke Ann Richmond b. 2-4-1993
E. David Richmond b. 11-4-1963 m. Joan Reitzell
1. Christopher David Richmond b. 11-6-1986
2. Nicole Leigh Richmond b. 5-31-1991
4. Ouida Richmond b. 1m. Arwood Lynn "Mose" Finley 2m. Wes McCollough
A. Arwood Lynn Finley jr. b. 12-21-1950 1m. 2-15-1975 Debra Davis
1. Arwood Lynn Finley III b. 9-4-1976
2. Kimberly Finley b. 9-19-1978
3. Joseph Finley b. 1-12-1981
B. Charles Daniel Finley b. 1-10-1952 m. 1-27-1978 Karen Broussard
1. Jarrod Finley b. 1-17-1984
2. Tyler Finley b. 6-20-1989
C. Kenneth James Finley b. 5-25-1954 m. 3-7-1975 Mary Jo Chambola
1. Jeannie Marie Finley b. 8-26-1975
2. Miranda Finley b. 3-13-1977
3. Kenneth James Finley jr. b.12-25-1979
D. Susan Finley b. 1-5-1956 1m.Gary Tarver 2m. William Parker
1. Eric Tarver b.
2. Cheri Tarver b.
3. Christopher Finley ( by Charles Henry)b.
E. Joseph Keith Finley b. 1-15-1958 d. 11-12-1983 in a hunting incident
LAURA RICHMOND WILLIAMS
LAURA RICHMOND b. 1900 m. 5 August 1917 to Jessie Williams
1. Coy Williams b. 5-8-1918 m. Gladys Tolbird
A. Shirley Ann Williams b. 10-??-19?? m. Neal Scott
1. Tonya Scott b.
B. James Coy Williams b.
C. Laura Mae Williams b. m. Hancock
1. Johnny Ray Hancock b.
2. Terry Hancock b.
3. Jerry Hancock b,
D. Ina Ray Williams b. 1m. Spillers 2m.
1. Samantha Spillers b.
2. Maloy Williams b. 1-18-1920 m. 6-10-1948 Dorothy Tolbird
A. David Williams b. 2-25-1951 m. Linda May
1. Dudley David Williams b. 8-3-1981
2. Haley Elizabeth Williams b. 8-7-1987
B. Diane Williams b. 2-25-1951 m. Danny Poole
1. Marcia Poole b. 9-6-1979
3. Cloyde L. Williams b.12-10-1921 (adopted as a Swayze) m. 12-21-1946 Lucille Quaid
A. C. Layton Swayze b. 7-10-1948 1m.Bonnie Stamper 2m. Debbie Smith 3m. Laverne Smith
B. Janet Swayze b. 10-20-1950 1m. Billy Merrill 2m. Sam Gilstrap
1. Erica Merrill b. 6-10-1975 m. Michael Castleberry
a. Bryan Castleberry b. 7-15-1992
b. Mikayla Castleberry b. 1994
2. Andy Merrill b. 4-23-1977
C. Terry G. Swayze b. 8-7-1953 m. Martha Boren
1. Stephanie Swayze b. 1979 d. 7-14-1991
2. Lee Quaid Swayze b. 11- -1988
D. Gary Swayze b. 10-10-1955 m. Rita Perkins
1. Wendy Swayze b. 1974
2. Amanda Swayze b. 10-23-1984
3. Amber Swayze b. 10-23-1984
E. Ricky Swayze b. 9-30-1958 m. Susie Hartsel
1. Scotty Glenn Swayze b. 6-19-1978
2. Melanie Swayze b. 1-19-1980
3. Wesley Swayze b. 5-30-1987
F. Michael Swayze b. 7-10-1964 m. Connie Girod
G. Renee Swayze b. 8-5-1966 1m. Greg Bennett 2m. Tommy Phillips
1. Shelly Swayze b. 7-25-1985
2. Joshua Swayze b. 10-3-1987
LANA RICHMOND b. 1900 d. 1915 (never married)
BEATRICE RICHMOND POOLE
BEATRICE RICHMOND b. 1902 m. Arthur Poole
1. W.O. Poole b. 12-2-1925 m. 7-19-1946 Etheree Roark
A. Karen Jo Poole b. 1-9-1949 1m. Jim Bignar 2m. Rowland Davidson
1. Kim Bignar b. m. Lany Bradford
a. Lany Bradford IV
2. Cristy Bignar
B. Lany Arthur Poole b. 2-4-1956 m. Debra Parker
1. William Brandon Poole
2. Blaine Lanae Poole
2. Daisy Poole b. 10-27-1927 m.2-3-1942 Lacy Cruse
A. Mary Irene Cruse b. 1-3-1950 m. Hines Davis
B. Fred Charles Cruse b. 6-25-1951 m. Barbara Caston
1. Lindsey Caston
2. Michael Caston
3. Jennifer Caston
C. Brenda Gail Cruse b. 6-13-1953 never married
D. Caroline Ann Cruse b. 7-26-1956 m. 1-26-1981 Donnie Rice
1. Dustin Rice
E. Marvin Ralph Cruse b. 10-2-1957 m. Wanda
3. Seville Poole b. m.
4. Marie Poole b. m. Andrews
5. Sara Poole b. m. Massey
6. Lucille Poole b. m. Taylor
KATIE RICHMOND POOLE
KATIE RICHMOND b. 1904 m. Frank Poole (Artur's brother)
1. Ella Poole b. 1m. Phinese Moore 2m. Jessie Snells
A. Grady NcCloy Moore m. Mary
B. Billy Ray Moore
2. Grady Poole b. m. Betty Girod
A. Donnie Poole m. Vicky
1. Donnie Ray Poole jr.
2. Cristy Poole
3. Gracie Poole b. m. A. C. Haley
A. Charlotte Ann m. Clifford Noland
1. Carol Ann Noland m. Morton
2. Charles (Chuck) Noland m. Brooke
a. b. 1997
3. Alane Carol Noland m. David Edgar
a. David Edgar jr.
4. Betty Poole b. 6-10-1941 1m. Larry Zeagler 2m. Stickle
A. Betty Ann Zeagler b. 11-29-1958 m. Johnny Tinsley
1. Mary Ellen Tinsley b. 1982
B. Linda Sue Zeagler b. 6-21-1961 1m. Jim Baxter 2m. Jimmy Wilkes
1. Amanda Gail Baxter b. 1983
2. Sara Ann Baxter b. 1985
3. Samantha Jo Wilkes b. 1987
C. Eugene "Bubba" Stickle m. Tommy Jordan
1. Sydney W. Stickle
2. Shelby Gail Stickle
D. Eugenia Renee Stickle b. 5-8-1966
E. Elaine Robin Stickle b. 9-12-1970
5. Bobbie Poole b. 1m. Melvin Franklin 2m. Smith
FLOYD RICHMOND b. 3-10-1905 (never married) Pvt. U.S. Army WWII attached to one of the last Horse Cavalry Units in American History. Although the unit was never placed into service, Uncle Floyd was ready, willing and well trained to charge his steed into battle.
Uncle Floyd did settle on a Government Homestead in Caldwell Parish. Many members of the family used the Homestead throughout the years. It was located about a half mile west-southwest of the Twin Bluffs on the Ouachita River near Corey. All that remains of the site now are a few old nails, a couple of rusty pans, and the flowers that adorned the front yard. In 1990, an old Beach tree used as a carving tree still held the initials of some of the Richmonds that had visited the area during the 1920's and 1930's.
CICERO RICHMOND b. 1907 fell out of a truck at Davis Lake curve on hwy 165 and died 1932.
Uncle Cicero was a very colorful character if you can believe the stories. Some of the women said he was the most handsome and best build of the Richmond boys. Maurice Richmond said that he could remember Cicero hoisting 200 lbs. of sugar on his shoulder and carrying it the half mile from the river landing to the old homestead. I never really though about it at the time but that and what he told me of a high hill surronded by water between the Shipp and Eason place now paint another picture of Uncle Cicero.
While hunting one day in the 1980's, I came upon a "Break" or swampy area between the hills and the Shipp place. On the side toward the river from my location was a large hill. It appeared as if it just rose out of the water. I waded across and jumped a nice whitetail buck which was beded on the hill or ridge. The area was indeed surrounded by water. When I told dad about it he said ,"Son some of your kinfolks used to make moonshine up there, they used it because it was hard for the Revenuers to find".
The 1920's were a special period of history in American, the Stock Market Crash caused thousands to lose everything and Prohibition was the Law of the Land. The time produced famous people like Al Capone, who were making there fortunes and reputations. Times were hard and cash money difficult to come by. As Capone did in Chicago, Cicero did in Louisiana. Although he was not a killer as Capone's boys were, he did dabble in Moonshine Whiskey in order to make a little extra cash, and just as Capone met his Eliot Ness, Cicero met his Vincent M. Mouser Assistant District Attorney for Caldwell Parish in September of 1929.
HERBERT AARON RICHMOND
HERBERT RICHMOND b. 3- 6-1909 m. 5-?-1932 Bertha Mae Boyd
1. Laura Jo Richmond b.12-30-1932 1m. Robert Beardon 2m. 12- -1955 Melton Latapie
A. Barbara Beardon b. 4-20-1951 1m. Lynn Brister 2m.
1. Kimberly Brister b. 9-7-1970 m. Hendrix
a. Christopher Brister b. 6-6-1989
2. Cristina Brister b. 10-3-1975 m. Edge Crum
a. Dillon Crum
B. Lorie Latapie
2. Louis Aaron "Rick" Richmond b. 5-12-1938 m. 9-5-1964 Sandra Watts
A. Marcie Richmond b. 11-12-1969 1m. Keith Cook 2m. Darrell Johnson
1. Courtney Alexis Richmond b. 5-15-1997
B. Michael Richmond b. 7-11-1993
3. Carolyn Richmond b. 5-28-1941 m. 7-27-1957 Manuel Escalon
A. Timothy Manuel Escalon b. 10-20-1959 1m. Marilyn Gough 2m. Joyce Thompson
1. Timothy Manuel Escalon II b. 1-20-1983
2. Kori Leigh Escalon b. 12-6-1985
3. Destiny Escalon b. 12-21-1995 d. 12-21-1995
B. Cheryl Escalon b. 11-20-1962 1m. Michael Masoner 2m. Brian Faust 3m. Ken Brockner
1. Shea Masoner b. 6-13-1979 m. Dorrinda Perkins
a. Joshua Griggs b. 6-29-1993 (Dorinda's by her first husband)
b. Justice Shea Masoner b. 3-23-1998
2. Jarrod Masoner b. 9-24-1981
3. James Aaron Faust b. 1-25-1985
4. John Wesley Brockner b. 6-6-1993
C. Mark Steven Escalon b. 8-24-1984 m. Sanchi Taylor
1. Mark Steven Escalon II b. 3-26-1985
2. Jacob Floyd Escalon b. 1-3-1989
D. Angela Escalon b. 10-26-1968 m. Wade Knight
1. Spencer Matthew Knight b. 9-2-1991
2. Colton Wade Knight b. 1-2-1999
ALVIN RICHMOND b. 5-22-1917 m. 9-29-1936 Bonnie Barnell Rhymses
1. Williard Richmond b. 7-5-1937 1m 3-30-1956 Jean Webb 2m. Candace Barton
A. Terry Richmond b. 7-13-1958 m. Roxanne May
B. Paul Richmond b. 7-27-1966 (adopted child of Candi's) m. Amanda Johnson
C. Luke Richmond b. 7-27-1983
2. Jo Ann Richmond b. 7-18-1940 m. Alvin Davis
A. Linda Davis
B. Connie Davis
3. Johnny Richmond B. 1-24-1942 1m. 2m. Bobbie Moore 3m. Cathy Lucas
A. Diane Richmond
B. Johnny Richmond jr.
C. Lisa Richmond
4. Lillian Diane "Susie" Richmond b. 1-31-1945 m. Ned "Butch" Lapham
A. Breck Lapham b. m. 10-10-1989 Melissa McGuire
1. Victoria Lapham b. 8-26-1990
2. Marissa Lapham b. 9-26-1995
B. Scotty Lapham b. 1m. Jenny Gilmore 2m. Susan
1. Brook Lapham b. 1991
2. Dustin Lapham b.
5. Bobby Wayne Richmond b. 10-23-1950 1m.Phyllis Milling 2m.Jackie Wilson 3m. Wendy Walker
1. Misty Richmond b. 12-5-1975
2. Damien Scarbrough b. 10-8- 1980
3. Brandon Richmond b. 10-12-1992
6. Mary Ellen Richmond b. 4-1-54 m. 1972 Charlie Strange
1. Charlie Strange b. 4-16-1973 m. Lillie Berryman
a.Charles Avery Strange b. 12-3-1996
JIM RICHMOND b. 3- 3-1920 1m. Ruth Lott 2m. Laura Lucille "Josie" Holmes
1. Gloria Richmond b. 3-22- m. Cecil Parker
A. Sherrie Parker b. m.
B. Greg Parker b. m.
C. Phyllis Parker b. m.
D. Garland Parker b. m.
E. Paula Parker b. m.
2. Janice Lucille Richmond b.12-4-1946 1m. Sammy Franklin 2m. Jim Sabo 3m.
A. Penny Sue Franklin b. 1-16-1962 m. J. D. Justice
1. Matthew Justice b. 9-19-1982 m.
2. Carie Justice b. 3-19-1985
3. Leah Justice b. 4-29-1992
B. Sammy Glenn Franklin b. 11-20-1964 1m. Donna 2m. Amy
1. Lauren Franklin
2. Paige Franklin
3. Claudia Franklin
C. Craig Franklin b. 6-25-1969 1m. Deanna Murphy 2m. Kim Kitterlin
1. Tyler Franklin
D. Scott Franklin b.12-29-1970 m. Amy Campbell
1. Ryan Franklin
2. Jenna Franklin
3. Jimmy Morris Richmond b. 1-9-1949 m. Wanda Womack, 2m Rhonda Haddox
A. Joseph Wayne Richmond b. 8-17-1968 d. 8-18-1968 (buried at Hebert Church Cemetary)
B. Amanda Gail Richmond b.1-22-1972 1m. Bobby Martin 2m. Ricky Harrelson
C. Amy A. Richmond b. 1-20-1975 1m. Sloan Hart 2m. Reno Morgan
4. Marilyn Kay Richmond b. 1-22-1950 1m. Donald Carr, 2m. John Honeycutt, 3m. Walter Stinnet
A. Chuck Carr b. 2-7-1969 (adopted as a Stinnet)
B. Denise Honeycutt b.10-19-1972 1m. Jess Sherrill 2m.Soloman Escabar
1. Brittany Sherrill b. 4-5-1991
2. Levi Sherrill b. 8-6-1993
3. Hannah Escabar b. 10-20-1998
5. Sharon Sue Richmond b. 10-25-1952 1m. Joe Hatten 2m. Glen Curtis
A. Stacy Hatten b. 1-22-1972 m. Stacie Gray
1. Brian Keith Hatten b.9-30-1992
2. Noah Chistopher Hatten b. 1-30 - 1999
B. Steven Hatten b. 5-29-1973 m. Jamie May
1. Dakota Hatten b. 4-3-1994
2. Darrian Hatten b. 3-26-1997
6. James Vernon Richmond b. 12-1-1964 m. Barbara Upton
A. Joshua James Richmond b. 8-29-1977
B. Beverly Sue Richmond b. 6-7-1980
DOROTHY RICHMOND THOMAS
DOROTHY RICHMOND b. 12-28-1922 1m.4-11-1920 Arthur Stapleton 2m. 10-4-1945 Kermit Thomas (Arthur was killed in France during WW II. He was wounded Christmas day 1944 and died on 1-1- 1945.)
1. Linda Joyce Stapleton b.3-29-1943 1m. 5-1-1960 Charles Meredith 2m. 10-30-1985 Gil Lovelady
A. Charlotte Renea Meredith b. 3-22-1961 1m. Willis Martin
a.CsShonda Nasha Martin b.9-28-1980 d.3-4-1998
B. Regina Suzette Meredith b. 1-31-1964 1m. Randy Black
a. Randy Lavelle Black jr. b. 3-15-1981
b. Brandy LaNea Black b. 4-22-1984
c. Thomas Lee Black b. 3-10-1986
2. Kermit Wilton Thomas jr. b. 9-26-1946 m. 11-23-1968 Lynette Freeman
A. Raymond K.Thomas b. 2-5-1970 m. Amy Tarver
a. Courtney S. Thomas b. 4-16-1990
B. Stephanie D. Thomas b. 8-31-1973 m. Randall Gregory
a. Loren Elizabeth Gregory b. 12-31-1997
3. Ellen Evelyn Thomas b. 11-18-1947 1m. Gerald Smith 2m. Charlie Wiley 3m. Billy Warner
A. William G. "Bill" Smith b. 10-30-1968 m. 6-24-1991 Rosiland Schanell Bailes
a. Shannah Shante Smith b. 1-19-1992
b. Kristin Dion Bailes b. 3-13-1988 (step-daughter)
B. Thomas E. "Tom" Smith b. 5-11-1970 m. 12-9-1995 CaSandra LaTrisha Nugent
a. Megan LaJuan Smith b. 10-5-1996
C. Charla Linette Wiley b. 3-2-1984
4. Doris Elaine Thomas b. 3-11-1950 m. 7-28-1967 Aaron Ken Masters
A. Tammy Delaine Masters b. 3-8-1968 m. Shawn Edmonds
a. Shawn Matthew Edmonds b. 2-2-1988
b. Kelsey Delaine Edmonds b. 3-7-1995
B. Darla Diane Masters b. 11-4-1970 m. Leon "Bubba" Achord
a. Tiffany Diane Achord b. 1-13-1987
C. Alan Ken Masters b. 3-29-1976 m. 1-21-1998 Tia Morris
5. Kathy Diane Thomas b. 5-19-1952 1m. G.H. Smith 2m. Wayne Calliouet 3m. Harry James
A. Rodney Hugh Smith b. 1-9-1969 m. DeVonna Berry
a. Nathan Daniel Smith b. 6-26-1989
B. Robert Glenn Smith b. 1-9-1970 m. Tanya
a. Schylar Glenn Smith b. 11-10-1993
6. Michael Glenn Thomas b. 9-19-1954 1m. 1975 Jeanette Bailey 2m. 1990 Cammie Enterkin
A. Kristal Thomas b. 9-22-1977 m. 8-30-1997 Brian Pierce
a. Bailey Nicole Pierce b. 7-30-1998
a work in progress by Tim Richmond
220 whippoorwill Ln.
Grayson La. 71418-0000
OTHER ASSORTED MARRIAGES
MADISON RICHMOND married Helena Williams in Amite Co. Miss. on 10-29-1860.
REBECCA RICHMOND married William Woodall in Amite Co. Miss. on 4-26-1856.
ELIZA RICHMOND married W.C. Whitaker in Amite Co. Miss. on 3-22-1838.
E.L.(female) RICHMOND married D.F. Gordon in Amite Co. Miss. on 1-13-1890.
WILLIAM L. RICHMOND married Fannie Edwards in Amite Co. Miss. on 7-26-1864
Turner L. Wilson married Rebecca Teston 12-22-1836
William B. Wills married Martha A. Teston 9-17-1872
JOHN RICHMOND born 1820 in Tennessee is shown in Jefferson Parish in 1850 with a 23 year old wife and a four year old child.
JANE RICHMOND of Tennessee married George Whaley in Amite Co. Miss. on 2-14-1814.
Martha E. Sparkman of South Carolina married a Mr. Richmond and had Reddick and Dilla Richmond.
William R. Johnson married Martha E. Sparkman widow of Mr. Richmond.
Margaret Richmond married Albert McCoy 23 Dec. 1856 in Ouachita Parish Louisiana.
Samuel G. Richmond married Carmelite Chauvin 18 June 1836 in Ouachita Parish Louisiana.
Pink Richmond married Sarah Douglas 25 Dec. 1884 in Ouachita Parish Louisiana.
Enos Richmond married Emma Jones 31 May 1888 in Ouachita Parish Louisiana.
M. H. Richmond married Mary Ann Prim 15 June 1851 in Franklin Parish Louisiana.
Jonathon Richmond married Chelly Smith 17 May 1838 in Caldwell Parish Louisiana.
Anna Richmond Boyd married William J. Sibley 30 Dec. 1838 in Caldwell Parish Louisiana.
Eliza Ann Richmond married Lucien Hebert 26 Dec. 1844 in Caldwell Parish Louisiana.
Elizabeth Richmond married William P. Crockett 3 July 1846 in Caldwell Parish Louisiana.
MARY J. RICHMOND married Stephen E. Teston in Caldwell Parish 19 May 1849.
Angeline Hebert Richmond married William C. Poole 14 Nov. 1858 in Caldwell Parish Louisiana.
Mary Ann Richmond married David M. Day 26 Dec. 1865 in Caldwell Parish Louisiana.
Enos Richmond married Delia Jones 7 Feb. 1897 in Caldwell Parish Louisiana.
ELIZABETH RICHMOND married William C. Crockett in Caldwell Parish 11 July 1846.
JONATHON RICHMOND married Chelly Smith (first marriage in Caldwell) 17 May 1838.
LUCINDA RICHMOND married John McBroom in Caldwell Parish 25 Sept. 1865.
MARY ANN RICHMOND married David M. Day in Caldwell Parish 26 Dec. 1865.
(Marion and Sarrie, minor children of William Harmon Richmond are shown living with them in 1870)
MINNIE RICHMOND married Sim Jackson in Caldwell Parish 26 Aug. 1912.
ESTHER RICHMOND married David P. Bolton in Caldwell Parish 7 Nov. 1931.
FLOYD K. RICHMOND married May McCarty in Caldwell Parish 5 May 1907.
RILL IRE RICHMOND married Alma Delcour in Caldwell Parish 11 Aug. 1917.
RILL IRE RICHMOND married Mattie E. Farmer in Caldwell Parish 22 Mar. 1919.
C.A. RICHMOND married Jamie Roberts in Caldwell Parish 1 June 1927.
CHESTER RICHMOND married Rosa Lee Wilson in Caldwell 22 Aug. 1933.
LONNIE RICHMOND married Mamie Benton in Kilborne La. 29 April 1917.
J.O. RICHMOND married Willie A. Glum of West Carroll Parish 14 March 1878.
W.O. RICHMOND married Eva K. Bardin of West Carroll
CHARLES W. RICHMOND served in the Second Arkansas Union Cavalary in the Civil War.
EDNA HEBERT GIROD and FRANK COLE GIROD are buried at the old Hebert Homeplace.
CLIFFORD M. RICHMOND--son of J.R. RICHMOND is buried at the Olla Cemetary
J. ROBERT RICHMOND is buried at the Olla Cemetary (9-1-1872~10-17-1943)
VINA DAVIS RICHMOND wife of Bob Richmond is buried at the Olla Cemetary
GEORGE P. RICHMOND and wife NEATER E. WATSON are buried at Harris Chapel in Lasalle Parish
POOLES BURIED ON COLUMBIA HILL
DYTMUS POOLE (1882-1961)
ROSIE DELLA POOLE (1885-1953)
JACK C. POOLE (1927-1939)
JAMES D. POOLE (1914-1953)
LAURA BRANDIN POOLE (7-21-1870~1-20-1947)
FRANK A. POOLE (12-4-1898~10-2-1959)
EDWIN WILLARD POOLE (1-2-1915~1-20-1950)
EDWARD W. POOLE (2-18-1867~10-21-1955)
JOHN HARDY POOLE (3-13-1890~10-15-1948)
C.W. POOLE (7-21-1926~7-24-1926)--3 DAYS OLD
WHITE COUNTY TENNESSEE CEMETARY
SMITHIA A. RICHMOND(12-27-1839~6-1-1917) wife of Dr. L. Richmond
ALBERT L. RICHMOND(9-30-1889~10-3-1895) son of Eddie L. & Annie L. Richmond
ANNIE L. RICHMOND(4-12-1861~7-18-1891) wife of Eddie L. Richmond
Dr. L. RICHMOND(12-22-1829~8-5-1912)
ANNESS LEA RICHMOND(9-10-1838~11-6-1892) wife of Dr. L. Richmond
MARY RICHMOND GRAY(1878~1921)
EDWARD LEA RICHMOND (1861~1938)
MARGARET ANNESS RICHMOND (1874~1938)
CARA RICHMOND ALEXANDER (4-10-1869~1-22-1898) daughter of Dr. L. Richmond
WHITE COUNTY MARRIAGES
ALEXANDER RICHMOND married PRUDENCE STOCKTON
JOSIAH RICHMOND married NANCY JANE RUSSELL
MARY RICHMOND married JOSEPH COCHRAN
MARY I. RICHMOND married EDGAR H. HALL
SYLVESTER RICHMOND married CHARLOTTE JOHNSON
WILLIAM M. RICHMOND married EDITH S. BRADBURY
Mississippi---Pike County Cemetary Records
John Thomas Richmond married Carolina Vertna Ellzey
(1867-1945) (6 Jan.1870-10 Sept. 1936)
John Richmond married Josephine ???
(27 Dec. 1811-- 31 July 1850) (19 Oct. 1812-- 4 Nov. 1845)
Ella L. Richmond married Dewitt F. Gordon
(26 Apr.1880--19 Jan. 1919)
Anna Richmond (dates not readable)
Mrs. Annie Richmond age 76 (1898-1974)
Bryan Thomas Richmond married Hida A. ??
(7 Sept 1898--28 Jan 1977) (15 Apr. 1910--??)
Edward W. Richmond (12 Sept 1934--18 Sept 1974)
Iverson Green Richmond married Lillian Westmorland
(15 Mar 1870--9 Oct 1945) (18 Sept 1877--1 July 1964)
Julius L. Richmond ( 14 July 1896--11 Nov 1948)
W. M. Richmond married Jurah ??????????
(1859--1942) (4 Apr 1881--28 Oct 1935)
Nick T. Richmond ( 21 Apr 1881--14 Sept. 1939)
Robert Lee Richmond (1900--25 Feb 1975)