The nine heirs in the division of the estate of Giles Richerson, who died 1804, Caroline County, and their known or probable spouses, are given below.
NOTE: Frances Richerson married Benjamin Hurt. In fact, that couple initiated the action to have Giles' estate divided. Some researchers have linked her to other Richerson parents.
GILES AND JANE JOHNS RICHERSON's children:
1. JOHN. We are convinced that this son, admn. for his father, is John who lived in Essex Co by 1810. Married (1) Catherine Motley, had children Edwin, Henry, and Lucy and married (2)Eunice Noel Dec. 18, 1805, and had a large second family: Elizabeth Notel, Delia Marie, John, Jane Johns, Julia Eunice, Giles Noel.
(In 1841, children Elizabeth, Delia, Jane John, Giles Noel moved with a large group to Missouri. Gina Watchous has great material online about this.)
JOHN died 1820, Essex.
2. THOMAS. This is our direct ancestor. He married Eleanor Broaddus by 1810, had one child Reuben Broaddus Richerson about 1812, Eleanor died, and Nov. 2, 1815, Thomas died. (We have not found the marriage of Thomas and Eleanor and would appreciate any help on that. Eleanor's brother Christopher Broaddus married in Maryland in 1806.)
3. FRANCES married Benjamin Hurt (Junior) on Jan. 10, 1795, by dissenting minister John Young. They had children James, Thomas, Benjamin, and Jane, all born by the time Frances' father died. Benjamin Hurt Jr. married a second time, Nov. 13, 1815.
4. ELIZABETH had married Henry Stuart, Jr., on Feb. 26, 1796. They had children Giles, James, and Henry. Elizabeth was a widow at the time of her father's death.
5. MOLLEY need information
6. SALLEY need information
7. LUCY married Phillip Gatewood, Feb. 13, 1809, Caroline Co, Thomas Richerson, surety. Phillip Gatewood remarried ten years later, Feb. 8, 1819, to Ann M. Broaddus.
The following two were infants (under 21) when their father died; brother John was their guardian, Thomas signed the bond with him:
8. JANE a Jane "Richardson" married Richard Hundley, Dec. 15, 1814, Caroline County. need information
9. Martha "Patsy" married widower John W. Broaddus, Dec. 13, 1813, Caroline Co VA. They had children Jane, William Hyter, and Robert Semple. Martha "Patsy" died on Feb. 10, 1819, in Caroline County. John married a third time, Catharine Gatewood, NOv. 2, 18120.
Hope to hear from descendants.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|