Starting Sept. 30, 2014, will be making a big change. GenForum message boards, Family Tree Maker homepages, and the most popular articles will be preserved in a read-only format, while several other features will no longer be available, including member subscriptions and the Shop.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: Regional: U.S. States: Rhode Island: Newport County

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Re: Charles Gifford West,Jr.-need Death Cert
Posted by: R.Kosinski (ID *****0438) Date: September 05, 2002 at 18:24:34
In Reply to: Charles Gifford West,Jr.-need Death Cert by Maureen of 251

All you have to do is call the Newport City Clerks office. You can send a request by mail, but you must show a photocopy of your ID, they use this to verify your link to your Grandfather. The cost for Birth, & Death cert's are $15.00 . The Clerks office is strict with the rules - since RI is not an open records state - but they are very nice to deal with. (401) 846-9600 . If you are not sure where in RI your Grandfather died, you can also contact the RI Dept of Health (401) 222-2811. Finally there is an internet service (I think that is the address) that charges you a fee for the record. Hope this helps.

Notify Administrator about this message?
No followups yet

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network