Can anyone fill in the blanks for this familly or make any additions? Have connected with descendants of Daniel, Frank, and my line, Charles James.
Any assistance appreciataed. audrey
James Edgar was son of James Sturtevant (born 1791) He married Lucretia Ranney on 16 Dec 1838 at Kent, Portage County, OH.
James Edgar, like his father, was a stonemason who probably had early training working on the canal system in NY State before removing to Ohio.
His wife's relatives were pretty firmly embedded in the Mormon movement at the time--associated surnames are Baldwin, Ranney, Jaques--
1. George Henry Sturdevant, b. 16 Aug 1840, Portage County, OH, d. 28 Jan 1905 in Tumwater, Thurston County, WA, m. (1)Clarinda Harroun, (2) Vista Viola Humiston, (3) Maria Louisa Price
2. James Edgar Sturdevant, b. Jan 1844, Newton Falls, Trumbull County, OH, d. 8 Sep 1908 in Danville, Vermilion County, Illinois. m. Agnes Blunt (widow of John Nelson Scribner)
3. Solomon Ranney Sturdevant, b. Nov 1846,_______ Ohio, d. 9 Jun 1920 Whitehall, Greene County, Illinois, m. Elizabeth Catherine Gamble
4. Erskin Amariah Sturdevant, b. _______________1847, ___________Ohio, d. 27 Mar 1912, Manchester, Scott County, IL, m. (1)Mary Jane DeJaynes, (2) Nancy Emaline Welch, (3) Rosa Lee Lawson.
5. Olive Lucretia Sturdevant, b. 3 Aug 1849, Franklin, Portage County, OH, d. 17 Sep 1937 Grafton, Jersey County, IL, m. George T. Harroun (brother of Clarinda)
6. Frank Sturdevant, b. 29 Mar 1851, Akron, Summit County, OH, d. 23 Nov 1929 Kansas City, Wyandotte County, Kansas, m. (1) Martha Jane Ramsey, (2) Lovie E. Younger.
7. Emma A. Sturdevant, b. Jan 1853 ________________OH, d. c. 1923 (problems with dod in Descendants, listed dod is husband's), East St. Louis, St. Clair County, Illinois, m. Noble Spencer Reeves.
8. Maria Virginia Sturdevant, b. _______1857 Versailles, Brown County, Illinois, d. 7 Jun 1939 Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, m. James Henry Dorman.
9. Daniel Sturdevant, b. 11 Nov 1859, Portage des Sioux, St. Charles County, Missouri, d. 12 Dec 1938 Fort Benton, Chouteau County,. Montana, m. Amanda Jane Brown.
10. Charles James Sturdevant, b.___________1862, Brown County, Illinois, d. 7 Nov 1937, Madison County, Illinois, m. Nora N. Newell.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|