I have an original Cabinet Card photograph of “Etta Gilbert Poston”, which I’d like to get back to descendants or family members. Photo was taken in San Francisco, CA, and she looks to be upper teens or early 20s.
I found Etta Gilbert Poston in California Death Index, showing her date of birth as 21 Jun 1874 WI, and she died in 1953 Los Angeles Co., CA. That database shows her father’s surname as Gilbert and her mother’s as Ives. 1930 census for Jasmine (Kern Co.) CA shows Mary E. Poston, age 56 and born in WI, wife of Herbert F. Poston, age 60 and born in OH.
I have eleven other original Cabinet Card and carte de visite photographs of members of the Gilbert family, which also should get back to descendants or family members. I have been able to identify seven of the twelve as Julius Gilbert or one of his children. They are as follows:
1. “Uncle Jule Gilbert”, cabinet card, taken about 1870, age about 25
2. “Uncle Jule Gilbert”, carte de visite, taken about 1865, age abt 21
3. “Fred Gilbert”, cabinet card, taken abt 1895, age about 20
4. “Lulu Gilbert”, carte de visite, taken about 1881, age “2 years”
5. “Frank Earl Gilbert”, cabinet card, taken abt 1886, and on this is also written “To: Aunt Ett” and “born June 5, 1881, age 4-½”
6. “Bertha Gilbert”, carte de visite, taken about 1885, age abt 6 months
7. A photo of four children, but names of only three are given: “Frank, Bertha and Jule”. Marked as “Aunt Leilas Gilbert’s Family”. The children are about 9 (the oldest), Frank about 7, Bertha about 5 and Jule (Jr.) about age 3. Photo taken in about 1889.
The other four photos are “Carrie Gilbert Watson”; “Dora Gilbert”; “Lottie Gilbert Sanders” and “Bert Gilbert”.
Photos of Fred, Frank Earl, Lula, and Jule (Jr.) and Bertha were all taken in either Fresno or Selma, CA, both in Fresno Co. Photos of father Julius were taken in Madison, WI and Oconomowoc, WI.
I found the family of Julius and Delilah (aka Lilah and Leila and Lilas in various places) in the 1880 and 1900 censuses for Fresno (Fresno Co.) CA. Fred I., Lula, Frank, Bertha and son Julius L. are all listed in those censuses Wisconsin marriages shows that Julius L. Gilbert was married in Jefferson Co. to Delilah Ives on 24 Dec 1868.
Get back to me at email@example.com if you are related to Mary Etta Gilbert Poston or her parents or siblings.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|