Andrew Poss married Fannie Jane Tiller on Nov. 18, 1813 in Oglethorpe County, GA. Fannie Jane Tiller was the daughter of John Tiller, Sr. and Nancy Hopper.
Andrew and Jane (or Jenny as she is also called) had 7 children according to the 1830 Oglehthorpe County Census. The seven are accounted for in his estate records. Andrew died before the 1830 census as Jane Poss was living next to her mother Nancy (Hopper) Tiller at that time.
Following is the information I have found so far on this family:
Father: Andrew Poss b:unknown d:bef. 1830
Mother: Fannie Jane Tiller b:Oct. 3, 1793 d:aft. June 23, 1876 (Jane married twice more).
1. Uriah Poss b:Feb. 15, 1815 d: Apr. 14, 1886 Buried Freeman Cemetery, Clarke County, GA
+ Alis Ann Black m:Feb. 24, 1838 Oglethorpe County GA
2. Elizabeth Poss b:bet. 1811 - 1815.
+ Joseph Smith m:Jan. 25, 1837 Oglethorpe County GA
3. Elijah Poss b:Feb. 23, 1817 d:Oct. 24, 1882 Grant Co., Arkansas buried Davis Cemetery, Grant Co., Arkansas
4. Martha Poss b:abt. 1819 d:July 13, 1856
+ Daniel Harris b:abt. 1813 d:May 15, 1872 m:Aug. 23, 1832 Oglethorpe Co., GA
5. Jason Poss (believe this to be Andrew Jackson Poss) b:1821
+ Martha Ann Martin b:1821 Oglethrope Co., GA m:Mar. 27, 1841 Oglethorpe Co., GA
6. D N Poss (Doctor Newt) b:Sep. 9, 1826
+ Jane J. Stephens m:Sep. 3, 1846 Elbert Co., GA
7. William T. Poss b:bet. 1826-1830
Andrew Poss owned land in Decatur, DeKalb Co., GA which was sold to Charles Martin for $515.50.
Jane Tiller later married Nathan Harris and then a ? Gholstien. She is buried in Oglethorpe County with her 2nd husband but I have never heard where Andrew was buried.
I believe both Andrew and Nicholas (who married Jane's sister Sarah and moved to DeKalb Co., GA) are close relatives of the Poss family in Wilkes County.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|