Hello, I'm new at this and I hope that someone out there can help me. I see very many Pitchers listed here for New York and Dutchess County / Red Hook area, but so far I am not seeing a direct connection to our family's Pitchers. Surely they are related somehow...does any of the following ring a bell with anyone?
My husband's great-grandfather was William R. Pitcher. I have that he was born about 1880 in New York and died 1953 in Dutchess County, New York (in the village of Tivoli). His wife was Ruth Cecilia Sagandorth (B. 6/29/1879 NY, D. 9/1945 Dutchess Cty. Tivoli, NY, M. St. Sylvia's Catholic Church, Tivoli NY, mother= surname Conklin). William R. and Ruth had 5 children:
1) William Pitcher born about 1899, married in Tivoli, NY, Dutchess Cty. to Estella Smith (B. about 1896, mother= Katie). They had a daughter named Ruth Pitcher and a son named William Pitcher, Jr. who married Ann Bathrick (B. 2/15/1929, D. 8/15/1997 in Madison, WI, mother= Bessie Hornbeck, father= Ezra Bathrick). William Pitcher Jr. and Ann Had a daughter named Beth Ann Pitcher.
2) Sylvia Pitcher born about 1902 in NY, married James Reginald Van Steenburg. Sylvia is deceased.
3) Mary Genevieve Pitcher born about 1905 in NY. Deceased.
4) Edward Vincent Pitcher born 7/20/1908 in NY, married Ethel Minkler (father= John, mother= Ruth). Edward and Ethel had three children; Edward, Ellen and a daughter who was also named Ethel. She married Louie Feller and had a daughter named Donna Feller. Ethel Pitcher Feller later remarried Charles Klein and had a son named Charlie and a daughter named Karen.
5) Francis Vincent Pitcher born on 6/27/1910 in Madalyn area, Tivoli, NY (Dutchess Cty) and died in 1990 in Mesa, AZ. He was married on 4/1/1934 in Tivoli to Sylvia Mae Bathrick (B. 4/17/1914, Madalyn, Tivoli, Dutchess Cty., NY. D. 12/28/1980 in Mesa, AZ. Mother= Bessie Hornbeck. Father= Ezra Bathrick). Francis and Sylvia had one daughter named Frances Mae who was born 10/1/1934 in Tivoli, NY and married on 10/2/1952 in Red Hook, NY to William Junior Seitz (B. 12/16/1929 in Tivoli, NY. Father= William Seitz. Mother= Alma Downing). Frances Mae and William are my husband's parents.
I'm hoping someone will recognize this William R. Pitcher as being a son or brother to someone in their line. I appreciate any information or tips you might have.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|