Hi Suzanne, My pleasure to do a look up for you.
1.Richard 2. Matthew 3. Cutting 4. Samuel 5. David
Parents and siblings of your Mary Knight
David born at Newburyport April 25, 1746; died Feb.27,1820;
married, in April, 1770; Sarah, daughter of Amos Chase, born Aug. 10, 1747, died May 3, 1826. He was a shipwright; taxed in Newbury 1789-1812; owned a house on Lime St.in 1808
1. Samuel, b. at Newburyport Nov.29,1771
2. Banjamin, b. at Newburyport May 8, 1775; d. in youth
3. Amos, b. Newburyport March 22, 1777
4. John, b. at Newbury about 1779
5. David, b. at Newbury Dec.16,1780
6. Sally, b. at Newburyport March23, 1783; m., April 3,1805
Benjamin Colby. Child of Banjamin and Sally(pettingell) CColby (Only one known to compilier) Johnson Lunt Pettingell Colby, b. March 8, 1822
7. Hannah, d. unm. March 1, 1853 aged 60
8. Eunice, b. about 1787; m, Nov. 13, 1833, Capt.David Haskell; she d. Feb. 2, 1874 age 87
9. This is your Mary Knight (Polly); m., Dec. 12, 1814, Jedidiah Kilbourn, Jr. (See Kilbourn Genealogy). Your Mary Knight was named for her grandmother.
Samuel born in Newbury Dec. 1, 1723; died Sept.10, 1759, being killed by falling from the steeple of the Old South Church, Newburyport, while it was being erected; he married first, Aug.1, 1745, Mary knight; he married second, Nov. 14, 1752, Mary, daughter of Matthew(No.13) and Joanna Pettingell. He lived at the foot of Neptune street, and it is said that his wife saw him fall, as she lay in bed. He was one of the petitioners for the privilege of forming the Presbyterian church in 1745, and owned the covenant April 21, 1750. Was enrolled in militia in 1757. His estate was settled Sept. 24, 1750. Administration papers on file.
1. David, b. April 24, 1746 (your Mary Knight's father)
2. Mary, b. Dec. 7, 1747; d. young
3. Amos, b. April 6, 1751
4. Joanna, b. Aug. 28, 1753; m., Dec.28,1784, John Bickford
5. Samuel, b. Feb. 3, 1755; served in the Revolutionary war, in Baldwin's 26th regt., Dec.22, 1775; in Capt.Stephen Kent's co., Nov.1, 1775; he lost goods in the evacuation of New York Sept. 4, 1776; was at Trenton Dec. 3, 1776
6. Banjamin, b. Nov. 10, 1756
7. Mary, b. Aug. 29, 1759; m., Feb.23, 1777, Daniel Maley; had a son Daniel Maley, who d. at Duadaloupe in November, 1801, aged 21
Let me know if you want further information on Pettingell.
Hope this helps you.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|