Thomas Parker of Bertie County, North Carolina
1. c.1702, Thomas Parker born in Chowan Precinct, N. C.
2. 5 Sep 1716, Chowan Co., N. C.: Peter Parker writes his will and leaves his son Thomas Parker the plantation where they are living when he reaches the age of 18, or at age 16 if his mother died.
3. April 1720, Chowan Co., N. C.: Peter Parker's will is probated.
4. c. 1722, Chowan Co., N. C.: Thomas Parker is married to Hannah (Holland?).
5. 9 Mar 1731, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book F, page 14: Thomas Parker of Chowan Precinct buys 400 acres of land for 130 pds from Henry Roads and wife Mary of Onsloe Precinct on the New River. The land was on Cypress Swamp at Tumbling Branch adjoining John Bryan; Wit: John Parker, Joseph Parker, and James Parker.
6. 15 Oct 1740, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book F, page 178:
Thomas Parker and John Dawson witness a deed in which William Bayle, carpenter sells 100 acres to William Hurst of Edgecombe Co. for 10 pds.
7. 10 Feb 1741, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book F, page 314:
Thomas Parker buys 640 acres from John Gray for 110 pds.;
land on the west side of the Chowan River in St. Johns Neck adjoining John Bryan on Cypress Swamp at Tumbling Branch and Femur Branch at Chinkapen Creek; wit: John Freeman.
8. 7 Apr 1742, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book F, page 353:
Thomas Parker "Turner" sells 290 acres to John Freeman for 60 pds.; land in St. John's Neck at Cypress Swamp near Tumbling Branch at Chinkapen Swamp on Femur Branch; wit: John Wells, Bennet Baker, John Sowell.
9. 7 Apr 1742, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book F. page 423:
Thomas Parker "Turner" sells James Freeman 166 acres for 33 pds. Land in St. John's Neck on Cypress Swamp near the mouth of Tumbling at Gumbling Branch... as measured by John Wynns Deputy Surveyor; wit: James Averill & John Sowell.
10. 24 Feb 1747, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book G, page 119:
Thomas Parker wheelwright sells John Freeman wheelwright 150 acres for 25 pds.; land on the north side of Barbaque Swamp adjoining Thomas McClensons former line; also a Grist Water Mill on Barbeque Swamp; also an acre on the south side of Barbaque Swamp; (the mill was bought by Thomas Parker and John Freeman from Elias Stallins); wit: Benjamin Wynns and Richard Brown.
11. 22 May 1751, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book G, page 299:
Thomas Paker, John Wynns, and John Freeman witnessed a deed in which John Smith, yeoman sells Bennett Baker miller 200 acres for 30 pds.
12. 7 Aug 1752, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book G, page 496:
Thomas Parker buys 213 acres from Robert Warrin of Duplin County for 40 shillings; land between John Davis and Henry Roads; wit: John Freeman, Richard Ranor, and Lazarus Garrett. *************************************************
13. 1757, A List of Taxable in Bertie Co., N. C.: Thomas Parker and Peter Parker (son?) listed together as 2 taxables.
14. 15 Mar 1758, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book I, page 62:
Thomas Parker buys 100 acres from John Perry cooper for 20 pds; land where Samuel Osteen lived on the east side of Chinkopen Swamp joining Edward Bryant; wit: Richard Lakey and John Mizell.
15. 10 Jan 1761, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book K, page 82:
Thomas Parker blacksmith sells 100 acres to Hardy Hunter wheelright for 21 pds; land on east side of Chinkopen..joining Bryant; wit: William Rice and Job Hunter.
16. Jul 1761, Bertie Co., N. C. Court: A Deed of Sale from Thomas Parker to Hardy Hunter was acknowledged in court.
17. 27 Dec 1761, Bertie Co., N. C., Thomas Parker Will:
son Abraham Parker- 214 acres of woodland, on the west side of Cypress Swamp, feather bed & furniture, 1/3 shop tools, and new chest.
son Peter Parker- plantation whereon I now live containing 220 acres (1/2 of the plantation), feather bed & furniture,
12/3 shop tools, and new chest.
son Jacob Parker- 220 acres of land (the other half of the plantation), feather bed & furniture, 1/3 shop tools, and a case of bottles.
son Isaac Parker- 7 pds money to be paid by his brothers, Peter, Abraham, and Jacob.
daughter Elizabeth Parker- one puter bason, feather bed & furniture, residue of cattle, and a riding mare.
wife Hannah Parker- two cows and sows and pigs, and one case of bottles.
daughter Mary Parker- feather bed & furniture.
residue of personal estate to be divided between his sons
Peter Abraham, and Jacob Parker.
trusty friends John Freeman, Jacob Jordan, and John Marville appointed executors.
witnesses: J. Hansfore, Simon Van Pelt, and James Freeman.
18. April 1762, Bertie Co., N. C.- An inventory of the estate of Thomas Parker dec'd was exhibited in court on the oath of Jacob Lasiter.
19. Jul 1762, Bertie Co., N. C. Estate Records: Ordered on motion of Jacob Lassiter that he be permitted to sell as much of the estate of Thomas Parker dec'd as will be sufficient to pay his debts. Bertie County Court Minutes.
20. 21 Apr 1769, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book L2, page 183:
Jacob Parker of Bertie Co. sells 237 acres to John Freeman for 50 pds; land on east side of Cypress Swamp joining Tumbling Branch; wit: Solomon Freeman, Elisha Freeman, and John Freeman.
21. 13 Aug 1774, Northampton Co., N. C. Deed Book M, page 220: Isaac Parker son and heir of Thomas Parker dec'd of Bertie Co. sells 213 acres to William Brown for 40 pds, the land joining Cypress Swamp, and left to Isaac by his father, Thomas Parker and purchased from Robert Warren of Duplin Co. on 7 Aug 1752; wit: John and James Campbell.************************************************
22. 16 Oct 1786, Bertie Co., N. C. Deed Book O, page 68:
Abraham Parker of Hertford sells 200 acres George Williams of Hertford for 40 pds; land on the east side of Cypress Swamp joining Moses Freeman, Luke White, James Fleetwood; wit: Samuel Harrell and Abram Rhoads.
Additional information or corrections are appreciated.
W. John Lynch
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|