This is not my direct line so all I have to go on is Miss Fitzhugh's manuscript plus a few other notes I have run into
According to Miss F. page 23 of her manuscript:
"Col. William Pannill the 5th was born in Oxford North Carolina July 6 1794 and he moved to Petersburg virginia where he married Eliza Binns Jones October 22 1823. She was born July 3 1804 died at Lands End (name of their home) Petersburg Va. March 21 1848. They had nine sons and one daughter.
1. William Pannill born May 17 1825 d. 1948 Texas
2. Henry Pannill born Aug 18 1827 married Eliza Jones
3. Joseph Pannill born Aug 21 1829
4. Elizabeth Pannill b. mar 8 1831 m. William Fitzhugh Carter of "Sherley."
5. Thomas Pannill; born Mar 8 1834 died Feb 24 1899 m. Virginia Knox Walthall b in Prince William Co at "Woodlawn" June 1 1839 and d. in Norfolk Va April 19 1917. Thomas Pannill matriculated at the Virginia Military Institute in 1851 by his father Col. William Pannill.
6.Charles Pannill b. Jul 13 1836
7. Otey Pannill b. Dec 27 1837
8. Edwin Pannill b. Oct 29 1841
10. a son stillborn Dec 27 1843"
So it appears that this family spent most of their time in Virginia. Lately I ran across a William son of Henry above who died in Texas 1904.
On page 25 of her manuscript she gave some more information on these but no mention of Kentucky. I'm sorry I don't know who inherited.
I am not proofreading this so please overlook any typos. Hope it has helped some.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|