The issue is with your computer. Your computer has said that all ".rtf" belong to MS Word 97. This is called "file association". You can look at "file associations" by:
1. Double click My Computer or Windows Explorer.
2. Click on "View" and choose "Options" (or Folder Options, or something like that)
3. Click on the tab "File Types".
This shows all the associations that exist on your computer. When you install a new program, it tells the computer which files belong to it. When MS Word 97 was installed, it told the computer that it wants all .rtf files. To change only one MS Word association, it gets pretty tricky.
An easier way to get around this problem is:
1. Save the .rtf file.
2. When it opens in MS Word 97, close MS Word 97.
3. Open WordPerfect.
4. From WordPerfect, open the .rtf file. This will convert it from .rtf.
I know this sounds like a lot of steps but it should go fairly smoothly.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|