I am trying to convert my Family Tree information from a DOS-based, Shareware Database (EZ-Tree by Jim Hass © 1988) to a GED compliant form (I'm now using PAF 184.108.40.206). Is there a utility that allows me to identify fields in a delimited file to facilitate my importing EZ-Tree records into GED format?
EZ-Tree uses two record formats:
Collects genealogical information about an individual including identifying the individual's father and marriage(s).
This record includes the following fields (in the order listed):
(1) surname (immediately preceded by a "1" to identify the record type) (e.g., 1Graves)
(2) middle name
(3) given name
(4) maiden name
(6) date and place of birth
(7) date and place of death
(9) "father identifier" (this is a number that points to a Type 1 record)
(10) "marriage identifier" (this is a number that points to a Type 2 record)
(11) [additional "marriage identifier(s)" as required]
Identifies spouse(s), provides marriage details, and points to children arising from the marriage.
This record includes the following fields:
(1) "husband identifier" (type "1" record identifier, immediately preceded by a "2" which identifies this item as a Type 2 record) (e.g., 2123) (viz., Type 2 record pointing to Type 1 record number 123)
(2) "wife identifier" (this is a number that points to a Type 1 record)
(3) date and place of marriage
(4) date and place of divorce (if applicable)
(5) marriage related notes
(6) "child identifier" (this is a number that points to a Type 1 record)
(7) [additional "child identifier(s)" as required]
Any help you may provide would be greatly appreciated. I have over 1200 records to port to a GED-based database.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|