I hope this helps.
To convert MAC data to IBM, you may create a GEDCOM or use the Apple File Exchange program to convert your files. See pages 293-294 in your PAF 2.3.1 User's Manual for more information on this topic.
To export a GEDCOM for use with an IBM computer (you must have a Macintosh with OS 7.5 or higher to do this):
1. Click File .
2. Click Export... .
3. Choose GEDCOM File .
4. Click OK .
5. Select the type of file you want to make.
6. Select Different Computer as your destination.
7. Choose which notes you want to share.
8. Click OK .
9. Name the file. The name must contain 8 or fewer characters (no spaces) followed by .GED (for example, JOHNSON.GED).
10. Put an IBM formatted disk into the floppy disk drive and click Save .
11. If you have chosen All Family Records, it will process the entire file. If you chose Part, the small pedigree screen will come up with the options to the right to choose which records to include. When you have chosen all the records you wish to include, click Done.
12. Then import this GEDCOM into and new file in PAF 5.2 and you are done.
To convert your files using Apple File Exchange (you must have any OS previous to 7.5 to do this):
1. Double-click the MacintoshHD icon on your desktop.
2. Double-click the Apple File Exchange folder.
3. Double-click Apple File Exchange .
4. You will see a dual window screen. On the left are your Macintosh files.
5. Insert an IBM formatted disk into your floppy disk drive.
6. Click and hold Mac to DOS on the menu bar. (Note: This option will not appear if you have not inserted a disk.)
7. Select Default translation .
8. Highlight whichever Macintosh files you wish to convert.
9. Click Translate.
If you can't do the conversion yourself, you may send your disks to us and we will do the conversion for you.
Family History Support
15 E South Temple Rm 5W22
SLC UT 84150-3461.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|