An updated version of PAF 5 is available for download. Here is the list of changes:
Release 126.96.36.199, 23 July 2002
1. Software is now fully compatible with Windows XP. Some users had experienced a variety of minor issues when using PAF on Windows XP.
2. TempleReady Update Files (OUP files) can now be added to a PAF database. Update files are created by TempleReady when you use a PAF GEDCOM file with TempleReady. TempleReady puts information about completed ordinances into an update file, and these updates can then be applied to the original PAF file.
3. Added starting dates for new temples and additional new temples.
4. Sentences and attributes for the predefined custom event definitions can now be edited.
5. Added help for some functions where it was missing.
6. Better support for Input Method Editors (IMEs) for non-roman languages.
7. Added global search and replace for names, temple codes, and notes.
8. Improvements to match/merge:
∙ Duplicate notes, sources, citations, and repositories are eliminated
∙ Fixed automatic merge where it was missing some duplicates
∙ Fixed some problems where merge did not work or caused linkage problems
9. Bugs fixed:
∙ All printers supported by Windows should now work with PAF. In addition, problems with line spacing, duplications and omissions across pages, not sorting correctly on given names, pictures when printing to file, and various other problems with reports have been fixed.
∙ If the very first source or repository was deleted, the source or repository list would appear to be empty.
∙ In Census custom events, the description field is now enabled.
∙ File Restore now works on multi-disk backups on Windows ME and XP.
∙ Various problems with dates and date display, particularly split dates and date ranges were fixed.
∙ When doing lots of editing, the program would slow down.
∙ Font sizes can no longer be set larger than will work on your particular screen.
∙ Fixed some problems with Web page creation, including hiding living information when appropriate.
∙ Fixed import problem where film/volume/page number was duplicated.
∙ Fixed some problems with advanced focus/filter
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|