I am seeking more information about these families. Emily Catherine Yaeger was my gggrandmother.
(1) William Armitage of England married Sylva Thurston, a New York native. They had at least 3 children: Elizabeth Armitage (born 11 Jul 1798); Eunice Armitage (born 1806); and Clora Armitage.
(2) Elizabeth Armitage (born 11 Jul 1798 – 1835/36 in Warren County, PA) married Joy Babbitt (11 May 1798 in Spring Creek, Warren County, PA and died 19 May 1872). They had 4 children: Harriett Babbitt (born 1827); Charles Joy Babbitt (born 1829); William Armitage Babbitt (born 1831); and Stephen Barlow Babbitt (born 1834).
(3) Harriet Babbitt (11 Sep1827-1856) married a Kiper. Charles Joy Babbitt (28 Mar1829-1888) married Harriet Smith and died in Fordsville, Ohio County, Kentucky. William Armitage Babbitt (25 Dec 1831 – 2 Jul 1914) married Sophia Allen. Stephen Barlow Babbitt (15 Oct 1834-1905) married Matilda Nichols.
(2) Eunice Armitage (1806-aft 1860) married Philip Yaeger (born 8 Nov 1797 in Northampton, PA and died between 1847-50 in KY). They had at least 11 children: Sylvia J. Yaeger (born 1820); Aaron Yaeger (born 1823); Clarissa Yaeger (born 1827); Julia Ann Yaeger (born 1828); Sarah Yaeger (born 1831); Eunice Yaeger (born 1833); Emily Catherine Yaeger Bratcher Small Embry (1836-1926); Eliza Yaeger (born 1838); Moses B. Yaeger (born 1845); and George P. Yaeger (born 1848).
The Yaegers moved to Butler County, KY sometime between October 1836 (when their daughter, my great-great-grandmother Emily Catherine Yaeger was born in PA) and 1838 (when their daughter Eliza was born). The Yaegers had 7 children in PA and 4 in KY and operated a mill.
Philip Yaeger was Lutheran and descended from John Yaeger who arrived in PA in 1743 from Germany.
The 1880 Mormon census lists a Eunice Armitage, 72, living alone in Malta, Saratoga, NY.
(3) Sylvia A. Yaeger (1820-aft 1880) married David A. Coats (born 16 Sep 1810 in NY and died 22 Dec 1875). Aaron Yaeger (born 1823 in NY-bef 1870) married Catherine Havens (born about 1832 in PA and died aft 1880). Clarissa Yaeger (born 1827 in PA and died after 1899) married James W. House (1820-bef 1901). Julia Ann Yaeger was born Dec 1828 in PA and married Ransom Lacefield (born 1825 in Butler County, KY). Sarah Yaeger (born 17 May1831 in PA – March 1921) married Andrew J. Phelps (born 21 May 1826 in Butler County, KY and died 27 May 1901 in Butler County, KY). Eunice Yaeger (born about 1833) married William M. Martin. Emily Catherine Yaeger (born 9 Sep 1836 in PA and died 14 Jun 1926 in Gordon, TX) married Jordan Bratcher (5 Jan 1835-28 Feb 1862), Matthew Small (born in 1828 in TN-1864), and Mason Embry (26 Jun 1826 in Madison County, KY and died 26 Aug 1897 in Butler County, KY). The only information about the last 3 siblings (Eliza, Moses B., and George P.) are their birthdates.
"Phillip" Yeager is in dwelling 402 in 1840 Butler County census.
Joy Babbit and family are listed in the 1840 Butler County census as well. His first wife was Elizabeth "Betsy," the sister of Eunice Armitage Yaeger.
Some of Joy's children lived and died at Fordsville which is 40 miles from Morgantown, the county seat of Butler County, KY.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|