I am trying to organize my family tree and clearly document my sources/proof. I need help sorting through this. My most interesting line has been Ashbaugh/Eschbach. I have birth &/or death certificates to verify my line back to Susan Ashbaugh (179?-1861) m. David Dittman
I have Susan's father as Martin Eshbach/Ashbaugh from letters with the following information ( I don't have copies of these documents for my own files yet):
1. Martin Ashbaugh's will recorded in Greensburg, in 1838, provides: Each of the following children are to have equal shares, George, William, Daniel, Andrew, Adam, Susanna, and Catherine.
2. When Adam Ashbaugh's will was probated, prior to 1842, he willed his property to his brothers and sisters, William, Andrew, Daniel, Susanna who was married to David Dittman, and Catherine.
3. Records of Brush Creek Cemetary disclose as follows: Martin Ashbach was born on March 19, 1754 and died August 13, 1838, aged 84years 4 months and 25 days.
4. Estate Records of William Beck- Northampton, PA 1777
daughter Eve Elizabeth Beck married Martin Eshback
So, here is where the problem starts.......
Who are the PARENTS of these people? In the many family files I have seen, there are about 3 or 4 different suggested parents for each.
1. J. Martin Ashbaugh d. 1838 m. Eva Elizabeth Beck b. 1755 d. 1821
2. Daniel Ashbaugh m. Veronica Leux (I have seen his birth as anywhere from 1766-1776)
Is Martin the father or brother of Daniel? I have seen them listed both ways!
Is Martin's father:
A. Peter Eschbach immigrated 1737 (I don't have any other info on him).
B. Frederick Eshback born 1710 Holland
Son John (Martin) born 1740 Holland
**If the cemetary/will information is correct, than this must be wrong, because the birth years are 14 years different, but I have also seen people list this Martin as married to Eva Elizabeth Beck b. 1755
C. Andrew Eschbach(er) b. 1707 immigrated 1744 on the Phoenix
His 1772 will lists his children as John Martin, Mary, Adam, Daniel and Barbara.
I am told (don't have my own document copies yet):
Church records show Andrew was in Weisenburg twp., Lehigh Co. Pa 1760's,
and there is a birth record for Martin in the Weisenburg Twp. in 1751.
This line has just been too confusing. My conclusion from above would be that Andrew is the father of Martin. BUT, I will not (again) believe anything without all the documentation. Does anyone have any further information that can verify or terminate that conclusion? Any suggestions of what I might be missing or where to look?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|