1. The surname RUBI turned up on an FTDNA Family Finder report. When one is dealing with anglicized spelling of Swiss-German names I find that "p" and "b" get interchanged and spelling requires thinking phonetically. Now let me discuss my ancestor that may fit as a collateral into your family.
2. Elizabeth RUPE (or RUBI) was probably born after 1760 abd before 1770. Elizabeth RUPE married Peter Hege (1759-1847 - spelled variously) of Lancaster County, PA until 1803. He moved to Franklin County about 1803 - where his brother had already settled. Peter's father was a John Hege (Hagy etc. spelled variously born circa 1721-1807) who had come to Pennsylvania on 27 SEP 1727 with his parents on the ship JAMES GOODWILL. This John Hege and his parents had resided near Manheim in northern Lancaster County -- at least after 1735. John Hege's Will was probated in Franklin County, PA where he lived with son, Peter (1759-1847) see below.
3. After 1803, Peter and Elizabeth resided near a place called Bridgeport (then) which is near the modern village of Marks and the former site of Fort McDowell (before the Revolution) in the western area of Franklin County, PA. Later Peter Elizabeth and much of their family moved to what is NOW Lawrence County in western Pennsylvania. Even later (after 1830), at least Peter Hege moved with some of the family to a farm near modern Blufton, IN. At least, Peter died there on 1 OCT 1847. I know little more about Elizabeth RUPE other than that she was likely raised and married in Lancaster County, PA.
5. The children of ELIZABETH RUPE HEGE included (in the traditional order which may not be correct): Nancy who married Fred Myers, Mary who married John Fox, Elizabeth who married Lewis Hoopengardner, Susan who married Abraham Fox, Peter Hege, Jr. (1793-1877) who married Catherine Maria Shofe, John Hege (1800-1882 - my ancestor) who married Elizabeth Russell, Jacob Hege who married Jane Hoser, Christopher Hege who married Martha Law and Catherine who married Abel Dean.
6. my e-mail is email@example.com. I also hope you can identify or help me with my Elizabeth Rupe. .
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|