Some researchers spell the name HAZZARD and the census records spell it that way also.
Household Record 1880 United States Census
Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
John HAZZARD Self M Male W 68 PA Farmer PA PA
Sophia HAZZARD Wife M Female W 58 MA Keeping House PA PA
William HAZZARD Son S Male W 32 PA Laborer PA MA
Leonard HAZZARD Son S Male W 19 PA Laborer PA MA
Barbra E. HAZZARD Dau S Female W 16 PA At Home PA MA
Census Place Union, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Family History Library Film 1255134
NA Film Number T9-1134
Page Number 238B
1860 United States Federal Census
about John Hazzard
Name: John Hazzard
Age in 1860: 48
Birth Year: abt 1812
Home in 1860: Union, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Post Office: Mount Union
Value of real estate: View image
Household Members: Name Age
Leonard B Hazzard 6/12
John Hazzard 48
Sophia Hazzard 38
Sarah Hazzard 16
Simeon Hazzard 14
William Hazzard 12
Julia Ann Hazzard 9
John Hazzard 7
Do you have the Civil War military record? If so, you can write to the National Archives for the records. Be sure to ask for military AND pension records... It is a long wait for them. Try to give them all the information that you know... Regiment, etc. Spelling of the name is important. I could not find a John "Hazard" in the files.
John T Hazzard, Pvt./ Co. L/ Captured and last seen driving a six mule team./
Hazzard would die while at Camp Parole.
PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
Eightieth Regiment - Seventh Cavalry, Company L
Recruited in Berks and Northumberland Counties, Pennsylvania
Mustered in April 22, 1861
80th PA Regiment 7th Cavalry Co. L
Hazzard, John T.
ANSPACH, Co. A.
John T. HAZZARD, Co. L, died in Annapolis, MD, February 16, 1863.
U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
about John T. Hazzard
Name: John T. Hazzard
Regiment State/Origin: Pennsylvania
Regiment Name: 7 Pennsylvania Cavalry
Regiment Name Expanded: 7th Regiment, Pennsylvania Cavalry (80th Volunteers)
Rank In: Private
Rank In Expanded: Private
Rank Out: Private
Rank Out Expanded: Private
Film Number: M554 roll 51
This is the only John Hazard/Hazzard that I could find in the Civil War file.
ANSPACH, Co. A.
John T. HAZZARD, Co. L, died in Annapolis, MD, February 16, 1863.
No. Soldier Name Side Function Regiment Name
Hazzard, John T.
7th Regiment, Pennsylvania Cavalry (80th Volunteers)
7th Regiment, Pennsylvania Cavalry (80th Volunteers)
Organized at Harrisburg September to December, 1861. At Camp Cameron, Harrisburg, till December 19, 1861. Moved to Louisville, Ky., December 19, and ordered to Jeffersonville, Ind. Duty there till February, 1862. Served unattached, Army Ohio, to March, 1862. Negley's 7th Independent Brigade, Army Ohio (1st Battalion). Post of Nashville, Tenn., Dept. Ohio (2nd Battalion). 23rd Independent Brigade, Army Ohio (3rd Battalion), to September, 1862. Cavalry, 8th Division, Army Ohio (1st and 2nd Battalions), Unattached, Army Ohio (3rd Battalion), to November, 1862. 1st Brigade, Cavalry Division, Army Ohio, to January, 1863. 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, Cavalry Corps, Army Cumberland, to November, 1864. 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, Cavalry Corps, Military Division Mississippi, to July, 1865.
SERVICE.-1st Battalion (Cos. "A," "D," "H" and "I") sent to Columbia, Tenn. Expedition to Rodgersville May 13-14. Lamb's Ferry, Ala., May 14. Advance on Chattanooga June 1. Sweeden's Cove June 4. Chattanooga June 7-8. Occupation of Manchester July 1. Paris July 19. Raid on Louisville & Nashville Railroad August 19-23. Huntsville Road, near Gallatin, August 21. Brentwood September 19-20. Near Perryville October 6-7. Chaplin Hills October 8. Expedition from Crab Orchard to Big Hill and Richmond October 21. 2nd Battalion (Cos. "C," "E," "F" and "K"), under Gen. Dumont, in garrison at Nashville, Tenn., and scouting in that vicinity till November. 3rd Battalion (Cos. "B," "G," "L" and "M"), in Duffield's Command, scouting in West and Middle Tennessee. Lebanon and pursuit to Carthage May 5. Readyville June 7. Murfreesboro July 13. Sparta August 4-5 and 7. Regiment reunited in November, 1862. Nashville November 5. Reconnoissance from Nashville to Franklin December 11-12. Wilson's Creek Pike December 11. Franklin December 12. Near Nashville December 24. Advance on Murfreesboro December 26-30. Lavergne December 26-27. Battle of Stone's River December 30-31, 1862, and January 1-3, 1863. Overall's Creek December 31. Manchester Pike and Lytle's Creek January 5, 1863. Expedition to Franklin January 31-February 18. Unionville and Rover January 31. Murfreesboro February 7. Rover February 13. Expedition toward Columbia March 4-14. Unionville and Rover March 4. Chapel Hill March 5. Thompson's Station March 9. Rutherford Creek March 10-11. Snow Hill, Woodbury, April 3. Franklin April 10. Expedition to McMinnville April 20-30. Middletown May 21-22. Near Murfreesboro June 3. Operations on Edgeville Pike June 4. Marshall Knob June 4. Shelbyville Pike June 4. Scout on Mlddleton and Eagleville Pike June 10. Scout on Manchester Pike June 13. Expedition to Lebanon June 15-17. Lebanon June 16. Middle Tennessee or Tullahoma Campaign June 23-July 7. Guy's Gap or Fosterville and capture of Shelbyville June 27. Expedition to Huntsville July 13-22. Reconnoissance to Rock Island Ferry August 4-5. Sparta August 9. Passage of Cumberland Mountains and Tennessee River, and Chickamauga (Ga.) Campaign August 16-September 22. Calfkiller River, Sparta, August 17. Battle of Chickamauga September 19-20. Rossville, Ga., September 21. Re-enlisted at Huntsville, Ala., November 28, 1863. Atlanta Campaign May to September, 1864. Demonstration on Rocky Faced Ridge May 8-11. Battle of Resaca May 14-15. Tanner's Bridge and Rome May 15. Near Dallas May 24. Operations on line of Pumpkin Vine Creek and battles about Dallas, New Hope Church and Allatoona Hills May 25-June 5. Near Big Shanty June 9. Operations about Marietta and against Kenesaw Mountain June 10-July 2. McAffee's Cross Roads June 11. Powder Springs June 20. Noonday Creek June 27. Line of Nickajack Creek July 2-5. Rottenwood Creek July 4. Rossville Ferry July 5. Line of the Chattahoochie July 6-17. Garrard's Raid on Covington July 22-24. Siege of Atlanta July 22-August 25. Garrard's Raid to South River July 27-31. Flat Rock Bridge July 28. Kilpatrick's Raid around Atlanta August 18-22. Flint River and Jonesborough August 19. Red Oak August 19. Lovejoy Station August 20. Operations at Chattahoochie River Bridge August 26-September 2. Operations in North Georgia and Ncrth Alabama against Hood September 29-November 3. Carter Creek Station October 1. Near Columbia October 2. Near Lost Mountain October 4-7. New Hope Church October 5. Dallas October 7. Rome October 10-11. Narrows October 11. Coosaville Road, near Rome, October 13. Near Summerville October 18. Little River, Ala., October 20. Leesburg October 21. Ladiga, Terrapin Creek, October 28. Ordered to Louisville, Ky., to refit; duty there till December 28. March to Nashville, Tenn., December 28-January 8, 1865, thence to Gravelly Springs, Ala., January 25, and duty there till March. Wilson's Raid to Selma, Ala., and Macon, Ga., March 22-April 24. Selma April 2. Occupation of Montgomery April 12. Occupation of Macon April 20. Duty in Georgia and at Nashville, Tenn., till August. Mustered out August 13, 1865.
Regiment lost during service 8 Officers and 94 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 5 Officers and 185 Enlisted men by disease. Total 292.
80th REGIMENT VOLUNTEERS.
(See 7th Cavalry.)
Keiths in Carroll County, between 1780-1820 #10
Level : 1; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 0 I've been hunting for information on three Keith brothers that moved from Maryland to Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania, between 1800-1826.
John Keith, b. 1788 in Baltimore, d. October 4th, 1870
Fought in the 36th Regiment (Jessop's) of the Maryland Militia during the War of 1812. Married Elizabeth Ziegler, and their children, born in Carroll County, were Lewis (b. 1815), William (Dec 2nd 1816-March 3rd 1893), John, Julia >>Ann, Sarah, Christina, *Sophia*, Susannah, and Charity.
William Keith's obituary states that the family moved to Huntingdon County when he was ten years old, and they appear there on the 1830 Census.
Samuel Keith, b. abt 1783, appears in Huntingdon County on the 1810 Census.
Jacob Keith, b. abt 1785, appears in Huntingdon County on the 1820 Census; spouse was Elizabeth, son was Samuel, b. abt 1812. Samuel married Margaret, b. abt 1817, and their children were Hannah, John, Hezekiah, and Julia Ann.
Any information at all would be a huge help. For generations it has been said that they are descendants of Sir William Keith, the colonial governor of Pennsylvania, but I have yet to find such a connection.
>>> Note: You may wish to visit this site to see William Keith's photo.....
William Keith portrait1.jpg (317.77
Descendants of Nicholas and
Catharine Sohn Ziegler
Generation No. 1
1. NICHOLAS1 ZIEGLER was born Abt. 1712 in Germany, and died June 1791 in Cordorus Twp, York Co. PA. He married CATHARINE SOHN.
Children of NICHOLAS ZIEGLER and CATHARINE SOHN are:
2. i. MICHAEL2 ZIEGLER, b. Abt. 1740, Germany or America; d. Abt. 1814, Codorus Twp. York Co., PA.
ii. JACOB ZIEGLER, d. Bef. 1791.
iii. NICHOLAS ZIEGLER.
iv. ELIZABETH ZIEGLER, m. ADAM FISSAL.
v. CATHERINA ZIEGLER, m. JOHN HENICH.
Generation No. 2
2. MICHAEL2 ZIEGLER (NICHOLAS1) was born Abt. 1740 in Germany or America, and died Abt. 1814 in Codorus Twp. York Co., PA. He married CATHARINA (ZIEGLER).
Children of MICHAEL ZIEGLER and CATHARINA (ZIEGLER) are:
3. i. PETER3 ZIEGLER, b. Abt. 1760, York County, PA; d. 4 April 1819, Flemington, PA.
ii. ELIZABETH ZIEGLER.
iii. JACOB ZIEGLER.
iv. JOHN ZIEGLER.
v. PHILIP ZIEGLER, d. Civil War Vet - Buried Sugarcreek.
vi. CATHARINA ZIEGLER.
vii. GEORGE ZIEGLER.
viii. MICHAEL ZIEGLER.
ix. NICHOLAS ZIEGLER.
x. SUSANNA ZIEGLER.
xi. RACHEL ZIEGLER.
Generation No. 3
3. PETER3 ZIEGLER (MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born Abt. 1760 in York County, PA, and died 4 April 1819 in Flemington, PA. He married (1) (?) DAWSON Abt. 1785. She died 1802 in Baltimore Co., Maryland. He married (2) REBECCA ROATES Abt. 1803. She was born 1776, and died 1869 in Nittany, PA.
Children of PETER ZIEGLER and (?) DAWSON are:
4. i. ELIZABETH4 ZIEGLER, b. 1 November 1788, York Co, PA; d. Huntingdon County, PA.
5. ii. JACOB ZIEGLER, b. 5 December 1791, York Co., PA; d. 4 May 1868, Maple Shade, Cranberry, Pa.
iii. PETER ZIEGLER, JR., b. 17 November 1794, York County, PA; d. 1840, Center Hall, PA.
6. iv. GEORGE ZIEGLER, b. 31 March 1795, Baltimore County, MD; d. Iowa.
7. v. MICHAEL ZIEGLER, b. 12 January 1800, Baltimore County, Maryland; d. 20 April 1873, Arronsburg, PA.
Children of PETER ZIEGLER and REBECCA ROATES are:
vi. CATHARINE4 ZIEGLER, b. 12 December 1804, Baltimore County, MD; d. Hundingdon County, PA.
8. vii. SUSANNAH ZIEGLER, b. 13 January 1806, Baltimore County, Maryland; d. 9 December 1883, Jacksonville, Centre County, PA.
9. viii. JOHN ZIEGLER, b. 19 June 1807, Baltimore County, Maryland; d. 25 February 1865, Marion Township, Centre County, PA.
10. ix. DANIEL ZIEGLER, b. Abt. 1810, Center County, PA; d. Yearick Cem. Brush Vall, Centre County, PA.
11. x. KESIAH ZIEGLER, b. Abt. 1812, Center County, PA; d. Marion Township, Centre County, PA.
12. xi. JULIA ANN ZIEGLER, b. Abt. 1818, Center County, PA; d. Clinton County, PA.
Generation No. 4
4. ELIZABETH4 ZIEGLER (PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born 1 November 1788 in York Co, PA, and died in Huntingdon County, PA. She married JOHN KEITH. He died in Huntingdon County, PA.
Children of ELIZABETH ZIEGLER and JOHN KEITH are:
13. i. JULIA ANN5 KEITH.
14. ii. SOPHIA KEITH.
15. iii. SUSAN KEITH.
16. iv. CHARITY KEITH.
17. v. SARAH KEITH.
18. vi. WILLIAM KEITH.
vii. JOHN KEITH.
19. viii. CHRISTINA KEITH.
5. JACOB4 ZIEGLER (PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born 5 December 1791 in York Co., PA, and died 4 May 1868 in Maple Shade, Cranberry, Pa. He married CATHARINE LESHER 15 October 1815, daughter of GEORGE LESHER and CATHARINA MUNCH. She was born 10 September 1798, and died 9 January 1875 in Maple Shade, Cranberry, PA - Mt. Zion.
Children of JACOB ZIEGLER and CATHARINE LESHER are:
20. i. REV. HENRY5 ZIEGLER, b. 19 August 1816, Old Fort, PA.
21. ii. MARY ZIEGLER, b. 11 January 1819; d. 17 December 1899.
22. iii. SUSANNA ZIEGLER, b. 16 September 1821; d. 5 July 1907, Buried in Mt. Zion, Cranberry Twp., PA.
23. iv. JOHN JACOB ZIEGLER, b. 2 April 1824, Old Fort, PA; d. 13 September 1894, Mapel Shade, PA. - Mt. Zion.
24. v. JOHN DAVID ZIEGLER, b. 29 October 1826, Sinking Valley, Huntingdon Co., PA; d. 5 May 1895, Maple Shade, Cranberry, PA - Mt. Zion.
vi. CATHARINE ZIEGLER, b. 18 May 1833; d. 25 February 1858; m. DAVID PRYOR, 16 January 1858; b. 11 February 1833; d. 18 June 1901.
25. vii. ABRAHAM MARTIN ZIEGLER, b. 22 September 1836; d. 18 March 1920, Oil City, Pa.
6. GEORGE4 ZIEGLER (PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born 31 March 1795 in Baltimore County, MD, and died in Iowa. He married CATHERINE MURRAY. She was born 16 April 1794.
Children of GEORGE ZIEGLER and CATHERINE MURRAY are:
26. i. WILLIAM5 ZIEGLER, b. 21 October 1816, Center County, PA; d. 9 March 1903, Warren, PA.
27. ii. GEORGE ZIEGLER, JR., b. 23 February 1818; d. 16 October 1865, Wood County, Ohio.
iii. JOHN ZIEGLER, b. 16 October 1819.
28. iv. HANNA ZIEGLER, b. 11 February 1821; d. 28 July 1909.
v. SUSANNA ZIEGLER, b. 7 September 1822.
29. vi. BETSY ZIEGLER, b. 7 April 1824.
vii. LEVI ZIEGLER, b. 21 August 1826.
viii. DANIEL ZIEGLER, b. 21 April 1828.
ix. JAMES ZIEGLER, b. 5 March 1830.
x. MARY ZIEGLER, b. 24 January 1832.
xi. ANN ZIEGLER, b. 3 December 1833.
xii. FANNIE ZIEGLER, b. 29 May 1836.
xiii. CATHARINE ZIEGLER, b. 17 December 1838.
xiv. ANDREW ZIEGLER, b. 1 April 1841.
xv. LAFAYETTE ZIEGLER, b. 5 August 1844.
7. MICHAEL4 ZIEGLER (PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born 12 January 1800 in Baltimore County, Maryland, and died 20 April 1873 in Arronsburg, PA. He married MARY MURRAY in Penn's Valley, PA, daughter of LEVI MURRAY. She was born 5 September 1803, and died 11 August 1865.
Children of MICHAEL ZIEGLER and MARY MURRAY are:
i. LEVI5 ZIEGLER, b. Abt. 1821; d. Died in infancy.
30. ii. ELIZABETH ZIEGLER, b. 14 August 1823; d. 11 August 1865, Haines township, Centre County, PA.
31. iii. HENRY ZIEGLER, b. 9 February 1826, Potter Township, Clinton Co., PA; d. 26 June 1915, Aberia, PA.
32. iv. WILLIAM ZIEGLER, b. 24 April 1828, Center County, PA; d. 3 August 1905, Farmville, Virginia.
v. PETER ZIEGLER, b. 9 February 1830, Center County, PA; d. 9 September 1904, Pershing, (Germantown), Wayne Co., Indiana; m. RACHEL RUHL, Rebersburg, PA.
vi. JOHN ZIEGLER, b. 2 December 1832, Midisonburg, PA; d. 5 June 1883, Centre County, PA; m. SARAH M. HICKMAN, 2 November 1856, Penn Hall, PA.
33. vii. MARY ANN ZIEGLER, b. 29 February 1836; d. May 1884, Marion Township, Centre County, PA.
8. SUSANNAH4 ZIEGLER (PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born 13 January 1806 in Baltimore County, Maryland, and died 9 December 1883 in Jacksonville, Centre County, PA. She married GEORGE HOY, son of O.W. HOY and SUSAN ZIEGLER. He was born 1805, and died 1864.
Children of SUSANNAH ZIEGLER and GEORGE HOY are:
34. i. JOHN S.5 HOY.
35. ii. SARAH ANN HOY, b. 5 October 1834; d. 25 February 1897.
iii. ELIZABETH HOY, m. JACOB DUNKEL.
36. iv. GEORGE S. HOY.
37. v. SUSAN HOY.
38. vi. HENRY CYRUS HOY, b. 12 January 1843, Walker, PA.
39. vii. JOSIAH I. HOY.
viii. JOSEPHINE HOY, m. R.K. WILSON.
ix. EMMA HOY, m. JOSEPH TIBBINS.
9. JOHN4 ZIEGLER (PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born 19 June 1807 in Baltimore County, Maryland, and died 25 February 1865 in Marion Township, Centre County, PA. He married ELIZABETH RUDY. She was born 13 February 1807, and died 24 July 1886.
Children of JOHN ZIEGLER and ELIZABETH RUDY are:
40. i. MARGARET5 ZIEGLER, b. 1832, Center County, PA; d. January 1886, Center County, PA.
41. ii. GEORGE ZIEGLER, b. 9 March 1834, Center County, PA; d. 16 December 1915, Nebraska.
42. iii. CATHARINE ANN ZIEGLER, b. 30 April 1836, Center County, PA; d. 4 February 1896, Bellefont, PA.
43. iv. SARAH ELIZABETH ZIEGLER, b. 18 April 1838, Center County, PA; d. 13 July 1917, Hancock, Michigan.
44. v. JULIA ANN ZIEGLER, b. 14 June 1840, Center County, PA; d. 11 June 1908.
45. vi. JOHN WILLIAM ZIEGLER, b. 14 December 1842, Center County, PA; d. 4 July 1892, Nelson, Neb..
46. vii. SUSANNA ZIEGLER, b. 13 July 1845, Center County, PA; d. 12 December 1906.
47. viii. MARY RACHEL ZIEGLER, b. 12 May 1848, Center County, PA.
48. ix. ELMIRA ZIEGLER, b. 31 July 1850, Center County, PA; d. 15 November 1920, Jacksonville, Center County, PA.
10. DANIEL4 ZIEGLER (PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born Abt. 1810 in Center County, PA, and died in Yearick Cem. Brush Valley, Centre County, PA.
Children of DANIEL ZIEGLER are:
49. i. HENRY CYRUS5 ZIEGLER.
50. ii. JOHN ZIEGLER, d. Buried: Green Grove Cem./ Spring Mills, PA.
iii. PETER ZIEGLER.
51. iv. BENJAMIN ZIEGLER.
52. v. CATHARINE ZIEGLER.
53. vi. JULIA ANN ZIEGLER.
vii. SARAH ZIEGLER.
viii. EMMA ZIEGLER, m. ADAM SCHREKENGAST.
11. KESIAH4 ZIEGLER (PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born Abt. 1812 in Center County, PA, and died in Marion Township, Centre County, PA. She married JOHN GARBRICK. He died in Marion Township, Centre County, PA.
Children of KESIAH ZIEGLER and JOHN GARBRICK are:
54. i. SAMUEL5 GARBRICK.
ii. WILLIAM GARBRICK, m. SARAH OR JULIA ANN KEITH.
12. JULIA ANN4 ZIEGLER (PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born Abt. 1818 in Center County, PA, and died in Clinton County, PA. She married JAMES HAYER. He died in Clinton County, PA.
Children of JULIA ZIEGLER and JAMES HAYER are:
55. i. MARGARET5 HAYER.
56. ii. SUSAN HAYER.
iii. ELIZABETH HAYER.
iv. JOHN HAYER, m. MINA STARN.
Generation No. 5
13. JULIA ANN5 KEITH (ELIZABETH4 ZIEGLER, PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) She married CHRIST MILLER. He died in settled in Indiana.
Children of JULIA KEITH and CHRIST MILLER are:
i. HENRY6 MILLER.
ii. GEORGE MILLER.
iii. MARY MILLER.
14. SOPHIA5 KEITH (ELIZABETH4 ZIEGLER, PETER3, MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) She married JOHN HAZZARD.
Children of SOPHIA KEITH and JOHN HAZZARD are:
i. SIMON6 HAZZARD.
ii. WILLIAM HAZZARD.
iii. SARAH HAZZARD.
iv. JULIA ANN HAZZARD.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|