Pam, I can give what little I have. here's the deal. His father was David B. Winslow b. March 15, 1823. d. dec 5 1912 of Bennezette PA. Married Samantha Johnson (b.Dec 3 1828 d. Oct 18 1911) on Dec 3 1846. Colburn Thew Winslow was born 9-24-1865 Because he married either his neice or his 1st cousin, he gets left out of alot of family trees.
That's what my Grandma said but, they may have been second cousins.
David B. Winslow's father was Reuben Colburn Winslow b. 6-28-1796, d.8-16-1971 of Lockhaven IA and Bennezett PA. I don't know who his mother was. His siblings were:
1. Anneliza b.2-13-1848 d. 12-27-1923
2. Adaline b. 12-9-1849 d. 3-29-1850
3. William L.G. b. 6-3-1851 d. 8-28-1925
4. Clara b. 11-15-1853 d. 4-7-1865
5. Byron b. 8-24-1855 d. 7-30-1890
6. Rush Johnson b. 9-13-1857 d.8-23-1890
7. Orin Satterlee b.2-22-1861 d. 8-26-1943 married Minnie Horton on 12-24-1890 d. 4-6-1950.
8. Colburn Thew b. 9-25-1865 d. 8-14-1938*
Reuben's father was Carpenter Winslow b. 3-22-1766 d. 11-19-1827 of Punxsutawney, PA. His mother was Elizabeth Colburn b.5-30-1768 d. 7-11-1845. I don't know when they married. Her father was a Maj. Reuben Colburn of Pittston Maine. Their Children:
1. Charles b. 5-30-1789 d. unkn in Philadelphia
2. George b.4-24-1791 Boston
3. Carpenter b. 1-3-1793 Bennezette PA
4. David b. 9-10-1794
5. Reuben Colburn b.6-28-1796 d. 8-26-1871*
6. James b.4-14-1798 d. 5-7-1893 Punxsutawney PA
7. Ebenezer b. 6-8-1800 IL
8. Caleb Smith b.10-2-1802
9. Joseph Wood b. 12-10-1804 d. 5-8-1894 Punxsutawney PA
I am not sure if the names with only a birth date were still borns or if their date of death is unkn.
The names with the * are my direct line.
This is really confussing in this format. I have more (back to about 1300). Can I snail mail it to you? It might be easier to follow. Let me know.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|