I have found the following:
1. Jane/Jean McCracken m James Carson prior to 1778, executors of the will of James McCracken d 1801 Taboyne Twp. (“Taboyne James”) then Cumberland Co., PA now Perry Co., PA Jane/Jean = James’ daughter.
2. Margaret McCracken (James daughter) m John Macklin 1 Nov 1781 Center (also known as Sherman's Vallev) Presby Church of Cumberland Co., Pa., now Perry Co., Pa
3. Catherina Ann (Katharine) McCracken (James daughter) m William Nelson 3 Oct 1790 (Same Church as above)
4. Abigal (Abigail/Agnes) McCracken (James daughter) m William Nelson 5 Apr 1792 (Same Church as above)
5. Hugh McCracken (?brother ? James’ son) m Elizabeth Townsby 6 Dec 1781 (Same Church as above)
6. Joshua (?John) McCracken (?brother ? James’ son) m Martha Morrow 29 Mar 1792 (Same Church as above)
7. Devisees in James Will: Jean & James Carson; Peggy; Ann Catherina; and sons James & Joshua. Also grand children: James McCracken, James Maklin. James Nelson, James McCracken & Sarah Cord
8. Witnesses to the will James McCracken and James Carson
9. There is a Joshua McCracken listed as a “freeman” in Clearfield County in Aldrich’s 1887 treatise “A History of Clearfield County PA”. He is listed along with a number of the sons of James McCracken, son of Taboyne James
I believe one to four of these families eventually settled in Kentucky, one in Allegheny Co., PA and one in Clearfield Co., PA, i.e., James McCracken son of Taboyne James
If you have any information about ancestors who might be related to any of the above other than Clearfield County PA James, please email me at email@example.com or call me at 716 622 7587
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP – David Grant McCracken, father of Kevin Grant, grandfather of Thomas Grant, son of Ira Grant, son of Marl Bell, son of Jefferson Lynn, son of James Thomas, son of Thomas, son of Clearfield County James McCracken.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|