I am looking for information for the family members below - all siblings. I am looking for their parents. I am also looking for the first name of the various spouses that the sisters married.
It is my belief that they may have been born in Burlington County, NJ. As far as I can tell most of the below resided in Bucks Co., in and around Bensalem, with the possible exception of Lawrence who may have died in Burlington Co., NJ. His estate was left to his sister Deborah Vandegrift Titus.
1. Rebecca Vandegrift, d. 1819, Bensalem, Bucks Co., widow of John Gallaher, Gallagher was a tailor and died 1818. They had no children and in 1819 Rebecca had no living parents.
2. Lawrence Vandegrift, possibly d. 1818 in Burlington Co., NJ - I am in the process of trying to get a copy of his will. His estate was left to his sister Deborah Vandegrift Titus.
3. John Vandegrift, was deceased by 1819.
4. Jacob Vandegrift, was deceased by 1819. His wife's name is unknown to me. He had living children in 1819. They were Elizabeth, Frederick, Jacob, Deborah and Margaret.
5. Joseph Vandegrift, was deceased by 1819. His wife's name is unknown to me. He had living children in 1819. They were Hannah, Emily, John, Benjamin and Beans.
6. Anne Vandegrift. She was deceased by 1819. She had married a Johnson. I do not know his first name. They had living children in 1819. They were William and Elizabeth.
7. Elinor Vandegrift. She was deceased by 1819. She had married a Murray. They had a son John.
8. Elizabeth Vandegrift. She was deceased by 1819. She had married a Keen. They had living children in 1819. There were Joseph, Samuel, Jacob, Mary, John and Elizabeth.
9. Deborah Vandegrift, b. 1740, d. 1823, Bensalem, Bucks Co., PA. She married Seruch Titus 27 Feb 1772, at Newtown Presby. Church, Seruch b. 1751, d. 1792, Warwick Twp., Bucks Co., PA. Seruch was a private in Capt. John Jarvis' Company, 1st Battalion, Bucks Co., PA Militia, 1775. Their children were 1. David, b. 1763, d 2 Apr 1848. David married two different Flack girls, they were first cousins not sisters. It appears that David was not the child if Seruch, but Deborah Vandegrift's child since he was about 7 yrs old at the time of their Marriage. I have not been able to find out anything about this. 2. William b. 1772, d. 7 mar 1847, married Mary Torrens. 3. Deborah b. 1774. 4. Elizabeth b. 1774, d. 6 Aug 1805, married James Watson. 5. Henry Titus, b 1776. 6. Mary Titus b. 1778, d. 1854. 7. Serick Titus b. 1782, married Jane Fell.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|