If you look in the cemetery transcriptions on the link below, you will find an Emmett V. BLAKLEY buried in the Woodlawn Cemetery in Claremore, Rogers Co., OK:
It gives an incorrect birth year (1991), but the SSDI indicates he was born Aug. 9, 1917 and died Aug., 21, 1991. (You probably already knew this)
Have you tried contacting the Claremore Progress newspaper for an obit? Or contact the library and ask how you might go about getting an obit from late August of 1991.
I don't find a burial listing for Clarence BLAKLEY, but then only a few cemeteries are listed at that website. I only found 12 BLAKLEY burial pages at Findagrave.com:
Assuming Clarence was Emmett's dad, I looked on Ancestry for Clarence BLAKLEYs in Oklahoma and found a few hits. (I could easily email you the census pages or the draft card registration, if you wanted to see for yourself)
1. World War I draft card indicates Clarence Bennett BLAKLEY was born 12/23/1898 and his current home was in Douglas, Garfield County, Oklahoma. He lists his "contact" person as his mother: Mrs. Nannie Blakley.
2. You already know that in 1920, the census shows Clarence's birthplace as OK, but his dad was born in KS and his mother in IA. Minnie F., his wife, shows a birthplace as OK, her dad: KY and her mom: KS. They are living in Flynn, Garfield Co., OK.
3. Below is a list of all the BLAKLEYs that show up on Ancestry.com/ in the 1910 U.S. Federal Census. You might be related to the ones in Garfield & Grant Counties. (I've copied and pasted directly from the website)
Name Home(City,Co.,State) Est.Birth Yr Birthplace Race Gender
Albert Blakley Lewis Twp, Atoka, OK abt 1889 Texas White Male
Ben O Blakley Bilby Twp, Hughes, OK abt 1874 Texas White Male
Charles Blakley Davis Twp, Pottawatomie, OK abt 1860 Missouri White Male
Charles I Blakley Lamont, Grant, OK abt 1866 Iowa White Male
Dorrise Blakley Wellston Twp, Lincoln, OK abt 1887 Texas Colored Male
Edward M Blakley Holton Twp, Tillman, OK abt 1878 Tennessee White Male
Edwin O Blakley North Fox Twp, Lincoln, OK abt 1869 Illinois White Male
Francis Blakley 1-Wd Muskogee, Muskogee, OK abt 1855 Illinois White Male
Fred O Blakley 1-Wd Guthrie, Logan, OK abt 1882 Illinois White Male
Golden Blakley 2-Wd Pryor Crk, Mayes, OK abt 1888 Arkansas White Female
James H Blakley 2-Wd Muldrow, Sequoyah, OK abt 1857 Tennessee White Male
John Blakley 4-Wd Shawnee, Pottawatomie, OK abt 1860 Texas Colored Male
Joshua Blakley 3-Wd Sapulpa, Creek, OK abt 1869 Kansas White Male
Louise A Blakley 2-Wd Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, OK abt 1874 Illinois White Male
Lulu Blakley 1-Wd Guthrie, Logan, OK abt 1891 Missouri White Female
Mary Blakley 1-Wd Guthrie, Logan, OK Illinois White Female
Mary Blakley 5-Wd Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, OK abt 1865 Kansas White Female
Nell Blakley 4-Wd Shawnee, Pottawatomie, OK abt 1855 South Carolina
Olive W Blakley 2-Wd Baswell, Choctaw, OK abt 1876 Tennessee White Male
Robert E Blakley Earlsboro Twp, Pottawatomie, OK abt 1877 Arkansas White Male
Thomas J Blakley 1-Wd Guthrie, Logan, OK abt 1886 Illinois White Male
Will K Blakley Willis Twp, Marshall, OK abt 1860 Arkansas White Male
William H Blakley Arapaho Twp, Custer, OK abt 1860 Illinois White Male
William J Blakley 1-Wd Arapaho, Custer, OK abt 1871 Kentucky White Male
4. In the 1900 census on Ancestry (I can email you the page, if you choose), I found this BLAKLEY family living in Flynn, Garfield County, Oklahoma. Perhaps they are related--if not parents to Charles, then maybe an uncle? Remember...dates and birthplaces are often inaccurate on a census. People would give nicknames to a censustaker, and not alway the full "legal" name. (They did this to confuse us decades later. HAH!)
NAME RELATION TO HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD BIRTHDATE BIRTHPLACE FATHER's BIRTHPLACE MOTHER's BIRTHPLACE
Charles BLAKLEY, head, age 35, b. 1865 in IA, and his dad/mom born: OH OH;
Ella F. BLAKLEY, wife, March 1870; AR NC NC;
Roy, son, Nov. 1897; OK IA AR;
Ralph, son, Oct. 1898; OK IA AR;
Nellie R., dau., Nov. 1899; OK IA AR;
Bennett, father, Feb. 1833; OH Ireland OH; and
Edith E., sister, Dec. 1877; KS OH OH.
Thomas VICKERS, boarder, was also living with them.
5. You may want to follow Charles BLAKLEY back further. The 1890 census was burned, but the 1880 census is online for free at the LDS website. Or he may show up on the 1870 census.
6. This is from the August 22, 1991 publication in the "Tulsa World" newspaper under "area deaths" column:
CLAREMORE - Blakley, Emmett Vincent, 74, retired farmer and stockman, Wednesday. Mass noon Friday, St. Cecelia's Catholic Church (Musgrove-Merriott-Smith).
You might try contacting the Musgrove-Merriott-Smith Funeral home. Perhaps they handled Clarence's funeral, too and might know where he is buried:
Hope this helps,
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|