My grandmother -- Lola Bessie McMinn (1892-1980) -- was the oldest of six children born to John Douglas McMinn (1867-1950) who married Nora Ellen Bain (1872-1950). This family moved from Missouri to Oklahoma around 1900 and lived in Ottawa County, Oklahoma. I'm trying to find out more about her five siblings:
* Dosia (her full first name may have been Theodocia) who was born January 9, 1893. I believe her son played football for Oklahoma State and went on to marry the daughter of the owner of a Texas oil company. I don't know the name of her husband.
* Fredrick born October 14, 1895 who married Maud Ethel Jenkins on August 1, 1917 in Oklahoma. They had three children: Freda, Neal and Morris.
* Artie (her full first name may have been Arta) who was born January 2, 1898. She married James S. Johnston on June 13, 1919. They had a daughter named Imogene (maybe named for her aunt??)
* Imogene born May 25, 1904 and married Lee Payton on August 4, 1923. They had a son Kenneth who was born August 3, 1926.
* John R. McMinn who married a woman named Lena (don't know her maiden name).
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|