Courtney, Oklahoma was also called Courtney Flats. It is located in the SW corner of Love County on Hwy 32. According to "Oklahoma Place Names" by George Shirk, the post office at Courtney was established in 1886 and closed in 1957. It was "named for H. D. Courtney, prominent early-day resident."
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|