From the Antioch and Newport, Texas area:
I am looking for the descendants of H.H. Nelson who died in April of 1923.
According to the obit of H.H. Nelson, he is survived by five children;
Mrs. R.M. Crowley of Newport;
Mrs. John Reynolds of Post Oak;
Mrs. Winfield Scott of Bowie;
Mrs. Sam McDaniel of Tahoka;
and Mr. Spencer Nelson of Anadarko, Oklahoma.
I am actually looking for the specific death date and location
of Thomas Benton Nelson and the above information caught my eye for these reasons:
1) I live in Anadarko, Oklahoma
2) In the recent past, two of my elders spoke their memories of a Spencer Nelson who lived in Anadarko in the 20's & maybe 30's - Amongst the Anadarko NELSONs, that man was called "Big Spence".
3) My grandfather was William "Spencer" Nelson, however, Granddad was not "Big Spence".
4) In 1880, Granddad's grandfather and family are recorded in the Jack County, Texas census. They are:
T.B. Nelson (Thomas Benton) and wife, Mary Jane (Killman) Nelson
Son, James A. Nelson
Son, Thomas Jefferson Nelson
Son, John L. D. Nelson
Daughter, Letha Matilda "Mattie"
Daughter, Addie Belle Nelson
Thomas Benton's oldest daughter is listed directly above the NELSON family:
Nancy Elizabeth "Lizzie" Nelson is married to Jacob Zuber.
5) How would T.B. Nelson relate to H.H. Nelson? H.H. Nelson would be the immediate older brother of my Thomas Benton Nelson. Their parents would be John Nelson, Jr. and Letha M. (Maxey) Nelson.
Do any of these names ring-a-bell to you? I welcome any help available to fill in the blanks or complete the connections to these families. Your response is greatly appreciated.
Julia Nelson Luke
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|