I am looking for a different William Patton from Scioto and Lawrence Co, OH, but I have run across your William many times in my search and wondered where he fits in. Surely all of those Pattons in that area are related if we go back far enough! I think both of our Wm.'s worked in the iron furnaces, therefore they didn't own any property because they "belonged" to the company and lived in company housing. It makes it much harder to piece together the info. My William was born in 1820 in Ohio, married in 1842 to Rebecca Isinhour, then married Margaret ? around 1850. William had the following children, but it is unclear which belonged to which mother for the most part:
1. John Patton, b. 1843, d. 1872 in Lawrence Co, OH; m. Susan Sweeney
2. Solomon Patton, b. 1848, d. 1898; m. Elizabeth Ann Townsend in 1867 Lawrence Co,OH
3. Joseph Patton, b. ca. 1849-50, may be the one married to Belle ? in census records
4. James Patton, b. possibly 1851-52
5. Thomas Patton, b. 1858 in Lawrence Co,OH; m. Harriette Alice Sumpter, then moved to Sullivan Co, IN
6. Wealtha Ann Patton, b. 1860; m. Lewis N. B. Cook.
I descend from Wealthy and Lewis Cook. I don't know if this helps you or not, but maybe we can work together. I live in Scioto Co, so I have good access to the records at the Portsmouth Library.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|