Here is what the Preble County book put out by the Preble County Historical Society has to say:
Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The first services of Roman Catholics in
Eaton were conducted in 1853. The Church then
known as a "station" was founded by Father
Carney. St. John's Catholic Church in New
Paris was founded in 1879. But it was attended
by a priest from Middletown,Ohio as
early as 1858. The Church there in New Paris
was built in 1872. The first Mass was held in
James Horigan residence.
And yes, both of these Churches are in the
Does that help ya ???
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|