History of Morgan Co, OH by Charles Robertson, M.D., c. 1886, pg. 462: Regarding Meigsville, Twp-ca 1825 the most prominent families in Meigsville were RUTLEDGE; MURRAY; COUNSIL; TAYLOR; PATTERSON; WELCH; BALLARD; HEAD; MORRISON; BERRY; KIDD; MARTIN; HORNER; KELLY; HESKETT; HARMAN; JONES "& others".
Pg.465: "William HARMAN & his wife, Diana came to this twp [Meigsville] in 1819, settling near where the McKendrie Church now is. While on their way hither they met with a great loss, being robbed in Zanesville of money & silverware. The HARMANS were English.
John HARMAN, son of William, was b. in England in 1806, & came to this country with his parents, who first settled near Philadelphia. John HARMAN was one of the successful farmers of this twp., where he d. in 1884. The other children of William & Diana HARMAN were Ann, Elizabeth & Diana.
Pg. 468: McKendrie M.E. Church:-one of the oldest Methodist societies in Morgan Co. The first class was formed at the house of Philip KAHLER ca 1823 & consisted of 16 members-among those listed are William HARMAN, Diana HARMAN & Ann HARMAN...."First regular meetings were held at John HARMAN's."
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|