I am interested in the Solomon (b. c1776-d.between 1850&1860 census dates in perhaps Wayne Twp, Montg.Co.) and Polly (MOYER) (b. c1776- d.between 1840&1850 census dates) PRICE family who lived in Montg. Co. area from about 1830 on; they migrated from PA. Children that I believe were in Montgomery Co with them:
1. Solomon M. (b. c1800 - d. aft March 7, 1853 when he deeded land for the Price Cem - I know nothing further about him)
2. David (b. c1801 - d. 1855) married Sarah LONG
3. Daniel b. c 1803)-I know nothing further
4. Rachel - married to a Mr. FAVORITE (is this Rachel, married to David Favorite who is buried in Old Price Cemetery, Wayne Twp - b. 2/11/1804 - d. 2/14/1830)
5. Benjamin (b. 8/28/1806) - he migrated on to White, then Carroll and Cass Counties, IN in 1840's
6. Susan (b.10/14/1811)- she was married in 1837 in perhaps Montg. Co, OH to John NEFF (b. 5/30/1814); they farmed in Montg. Co until 1849 when they migrated on to Carroll Co, IN.
7. Nancy M. (b. 4/19/1815) married Thomas JONES between 1835-1841 in perhaps Montg. Co. Thomas may have died there in 1859, and Nancy and family went on to Carroll Co, IN, in time to be enumerated there in 1860 census.
8. Esther (b. 4/25/1817-d. 5/1/1899-perhaps in Montg. Co) married on 9/12/1844 in Montg. Co to Samuel DILLE (10/17/1808 - d.9/21/1858). They are buried at Dille Cem, Mad River Twp.
9. Catherine (b. c1821-d. 1877) married on 6/23/1841 in Montg. Co to David SCHOCK (b. 12/1/1795 - d. 11/15/1870 in Montg.Co)
10. Gideon (b. 1795-1815). I know no further info
11. Polly (b. 1795-1815) - said to have married a Mr. SLUTMAN
12. Hannah (b. 1795-1815) - said to have married a Mr. PRICE
13. John Scott Price (b. 1795-1815 - d. 1847 in Mexican War)
I would love to connect with anyone who is connected to these families and/or find out more about resource materials available for Montgomery County.
a. Are there printed indices of cemetery burials?
b. Is there a Montg. Co. Genealogical Society whose services might include some research? (I found the Historical Society website, but it seemed to only be involved with NCR photographs, etc?- whatever NCR is?!!)
c. Is there a library that specializes in/would conduct any research/photocopying of genealogical materials?
d. Are there any early tax records that would state professions? Three of the sons (Benjamin and David, and my ancestor, Peter-who went directly from Mifflin Co, PA to Indiana in 1831) are reported to have been weavers - and I wonder if father, Solomon, was also a weaver. I have been given a woven coverlet that belonged to Peter, but specialists report that it is a woven style of 1830-1850's in Ohio, rather than Indiana or Pennsylvania - so wonder if it could have been woven by perhaps Solomon?
Thank you in advance for any help one can offer! I don't have easy access to US resources, so appreciate any direction! I have recently purchased the 1830,1840 and 1850 Census CD's for Montgomery County,OH, and would be happy to look up entries contained therein for anyone.
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|