Looking for information on the family and children of Levi & Phebe (Lewis) Reed. Levi and Phebe were born abt 1803 & 1807 in Virginia. They were married abt 1829 in Frederick county Virginia. They appear on the 1830 census for the Eastern Division of Frederick County. By the 1840 census they were living in Clinton county showing 5 sons and 2 daughters. Levi died in December 1840. Phebe remarried in 1846 to Charles Adams and they lived in Fayette county.
I have identified the 6 children as:
1. Sarah E. born 1830 in Virginia married Charles Sweney on June 13 1847 in Highland. Charles died in 1857, she would have been young so probably remarried. 1850 shows 2 children James age 3 and Eugene a newborn
2. Ann Catherine born 1831 in Virginia she married Samuel L. Williams July 6, 1848 in Fayette County. They both died in Paulding County OH
3. Jasper Russell (sometimes went by Russell) born April 1834 in Clinton, OH married Sarah Jane Glass April 22 1869. They both died in Greene County OH
4. Unknown son born between 1830-1835
5. John Emery born Oct 18 1836 in Clinton, Ohio married Indiana Colliflower on Sept 18 1873 in Union Ohio they both died in Paulding County OH
6. James Levi (went by Levi J.) born April 1838 in Clinton, OH he married Matilda E. Wingate on Feb 3 1862 in Highland County, they both died there.
7. Jacob Reed born 1839 in Clinton OH
On the 1850 census I have found Sarah, Levi J., Ann C, Russell
On the 1860 census I have found Ann Catherine
On the 1870 census I have found Ann Catherine, Jasper and Levi J.
On the 1880 census I have found Ann Catherine, Russell, John and Levi J.
On the 1900 census I have found Jasper, John and Levi J.
On the 1910 census I have found John
Gasper/Jasper Russell served in Co A 4th Infantry along with his brother Levi J. Jasper also served in Co B 192 Infantry with his brother in law Samuel L. Williams
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|