Hello Patricia. Thanks for writing.
Here's what I can piece together on your family from the notes I have from various sources. At this point, I do not know of a connection between your Michael Farragher and my ancestral Farraghers from the Youngstown area. However, I do suspect that there is in fact a link which I've just not yet uncovered.
Father: Michael Farragher, b. Ohio, Jan., 1873 or 1878 (6), d. ?, m. Rose Daley d. ?, location?.
Mother: Rose Daley, b. Ohio, June, 1874 (6), d. ?, m. Michael Farragher d. ?, location?.
b: 10 Mar 1896 (1) / 20 Mar 1896 (2, Bk 6, p. 113), Youngstown, Mahoning Co., Ohio
bap: 22 Mar 1896, St. Columba’s Church, Youngstown, Mahoning Co., Ohio (1)
b: 24 Mar 1899, Mahoning Co., Ohio (2, Bk 7, p. 55)
b: 28 Feb 1901, Mahoning Co., Ohio (2, Bk 7, p. 143)
d: 20 Sep 1902, Cause: Brain Inflammation (4)
b: 26 Nov 1907, Mahoning Co., Ohio (2, Bk 9, p. 87)
This family was enumerated in the 1900 Federal Census for Mahoning County, Youngstown Township, Ohio, at Vol. 103, Enum. Dist. 75, Sheet 13, Line 81. They lived at 1164 Federal Street, Youngstown. On the date of enumeration, the family members listed were:
1. Michael Farragher, b. Ohio, Jan., 1978 (unclear, possibly 1873), age 23 (unclear, possibly 28).
2. Rose (wife), b. Ohio, June, 1874, age 26.
3. Joseph (son), b. Ohio, March, 1896, age 4.
4. Margaret (dau), b. Ohio, March, 1899, age 1.
Although I have birth records for Mahoning County and Baptism records for St. Columba's Church in Youngstown for the period including 1873-1878, I do not have a record of the birth of a Michael Farragher in this time frame. The 1900 Federal Census indicates he was born in Ohio so he may have been born somewhere other than Mahoning County, or he may have just been missed in the records I searched.
I do not have a marriage record for Michael and Rose, only the birth records of their children to indicated their marriage, probably sometime before 1896.
1. St. Columba’s Cathedral, Baptismal Records
2. Mahoning Co. Probate Court, Marriage License Office, Card File of Birth Records, 1864 - 1908
3. Mahoning Co. Probate Court, Birth, 1864-1908, Microfilm of Original Record Books, SLC/FHC Films 0906501 (1864-1877), 0906502 (1874-1886), 0906669 (1885-1890)
4. Mahoning Co. Probate Court, Marriage License Office, Card File of Death Records, 1864 - 1908
5. 1880 U. S. Federal Census for Mahoning County, Youngstown, Ward 2, FHC Film No. 1255046
6. 1900 U. S. Federal Census for Mahoning County, City of Youngstown, FHC Film No. 1247332
I hope this information is helpful to you. Please let me know if you learn more, particulatly about the parents of Michael and/or Rose, or their death information.
Thanks, take care, and God bless you!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|