am looking for any information, relatives, etc on the following:
John H. Long son of Julie Ann Rose (Long). John H. Long was placed in Madison County by 1896 for sure. Maybe earlier.
His grandparents were David and Rebecca Rose
1. David Rose was born in NY in 1829.
2.Rebecca Easter was born in Highland County Ohio In 1834.
3.David moved to Pike County before marriage then Highland County after marriage to Rebecca in 1855.
4. David was a veteran of the Civil War (63rd OVI-Pike County Company E). Possibly wounded. Served throughout the entire war in the Western Theater.
5. Their first son was Walter Rose.
6. They had one daughter which was born in Highland County named Julie Ann Rose. She married a Long and had a grandson named John H. Long
7. David and Rebecca moved to Richland County Ohio after the first two children were born. Walter came with them.-----Julie Ann Rose (Long) stayed behind in either Pike, Highland or Madison County.
8. Ceely (Celia, Cecelia) Rose was born to Rebecca and David in Richland County.
9. David was a miller by trade and lived on the present premise of Malabar Farm State Park.
10. Ceely poisoned entire family in 1896.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|