I'm looking for my Morrow ancestors and their descendants. They came from Ballyrobin Townland, Parish of Killead, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, near Belfast.
3rd great-grandfather, Joseph Morrow, born about 1779 in County Antrim, was a shoemaker, died after the 1851 census was taken. His wife, name unknown, died before 1851.
2nd great-grandfather, James Morrow, born 22 Jan 1804 in County Antrim, was also a shoemaker, died 4 Feb 1886. His wife, Sarah (maiden name unknown), was born about 1811 in County Antrim. He may have had a second wife, or housekeeper, named Conny.
Known children of James Morrow all born in County Antrim:
Sarah Morrow born about 1832, dressmaker
Jane Morrow born about 1838
William Morrow born about 1841
James Morrow born about 1847
Elizabeth Morrow born about 1849
Joseph Morrow born 1857
Great-grandfather, Joseph Morrow, born 10 Sep 1857. He was the son of James, but whether by Sarah or by another wife is unknown. He immigrated to US after 1883 and settled first in Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio, supposedly to be near relatives who were already living there. Brothers William and James Morrow were shoemakers in Toledo at that time. Perhaps these are the relatives.
Joseph Morrow married Margaret Topping and they had the following 8 children.
1. Robert James Morrow born 12 Jun 1880 Belfast,Ireland; died 26 Feb 1906 New York, NY; never married.
2. Margaret Beatrice "Pearl" Morrow born 29 May 1883 Belfast, Ireland; died Jul 1903 Cairo, Greene County, NY; never married.
3. Olive Irene Morrow born 13 Jan 1886 Toledo, OH; died 28 Oct 1969 Pelham, Westchester County, NY; married Charles S. Nelson; no children.
4. Alice Watson Morrow born 20 Oct 1889 New York, NY; died 28 Dec 1980 Stamford, Delaware County, NY; married Thomas J. Carney; no children.
5. Joseph Morrow, Jr. born 3 Jan 1892 New York, NY; died about 1928; married Elsie Schleier. Their son, Joseph Morrow III, died young.
6. Albert Harold Morrow born 29 Jul 1895 New York, NY; died Apr 1916 Pelham, Westchester County, NY; never married.
7. William Valentine Morrow (grandfather) born 13 Feb 1897 New York, NY; died 15 Mar 1983 Albany, Albany County, NY; married Irene Cecile Mallory; had 2 children. I have complete list of their descendants.
8. Samuel Topping Morrow born 6 Nov 1898 New York, NY; died 2 Dec 1980 Windham, Greene County, NY; first married Helen Creeden; 2 children - Thomas & Margaret. Couple divorced and nothing more heard from wife and children. Married second Grace Wilson; no children.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|