Just a little more info:
pg 618 "In the year 1831, a number of Free-Will Baptists, who had organized some time previous at the house of James Donnels, in Harmony Township... The site selected was in the northeastern part of Springfield Township, on Section 6, and on the old Columbus road, six miles northeast of Springfield. The deed for the building site bears date of 1831-02-25, but the subscription to the building fund was taken in 1827 February. The deed was executed by Joseph Hannah and David Hannah to Thomas Thompson, James Donnels and John Bishop, Trustees, and their official successors. The principal original members of the society were James Donnels and wife, John Bishop and wife, two daughters of James Bishop, Col. James McQuiddy and wife, Nathaniel Beasley and wife, John Prickett and wife...
George H. Benson subscribed $10, one-half in cash; John Rea, $10, one-half in cash;... John Heiskell, in hats, $2; Saul Henkle, $1; Oliver Armstrong, five bushels of corn; John Bishop, twenty bushels of corn... Joseph Snodgrass, trade, $3; Amos Huff, $4; John Kingore, two barrels of flour; Absalom Foley, fifteen bushels of wheat; George Wolfe, twelve gallons of whisky; Henry Wolfe, four days' hauling; Matthew Inman, $2; James Halsey, $1; Susan Longbrake, half a month's work by one of the boys; David Hannah, twenty gallons of whisky; George Buckland, $2."
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|